Question

Guest Irish19

Guest Irish19

I was just thinking about this the other day I was thinking, so I was wondering what you all thought about it. Which 11-1 record would you rather have:

1. Go undefeated in the regular season and then lose the NC

-or-

2. Go 10-1 in the regular season and win your BCS bowl game (Not the NC)

There is no option three so try and refrain from saying 12-0.

Just for the record I would rather win the bowl game.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Dang, you had to go and ban my obvious response. I suppose since you're telling me that either way we lose a game, I guess I'd have to go with the regular BCS bowl game for the win. Tough decision though, because I still like the idea of even making it to the NC game.

Oh, screw it, 12-0! Sorry, couldn't help it................

Guest SirJohn

Irish that's a toughy.

But since I feel it deserves an answer this is my opion on it. I don't think any team we face will be more cutup and dissected then with our current Coach and guys.

I'd go with losing a regular season game (1 week of practice) then having weeks to prepare for a bowl. That's all down the road tho. I'm sure it will come. :roll:

A tipped ball, a slide on mud, a trip can dramaticly alter a game. Not to mention Coach Weis emphisis on special teams and maybe a 95 yard runback on kick off again :lol: (Breaks do alter a game, then the crowd)

Guest Snatchy_McPants

For the record, I DID try to restrain myself. After mulling it over for the evening (by the way, I actually HATE the word "mulling" and its over-use in the media), I decided I would definitely take the BCS win. If we go to a National Championship game and lose, the talking heads will still be able to say "ND hasn't wan a NC since '88, and hasn't won a bowl game since '94." And they WILL say it, ad nauseum. At least with a BCS win, they will have to drop one of their knocks, and will have to at least acknowledge the return of the Irish.