Long Term Prediction on Gary Gray

Guest VagasFerguson44

Guest VagasFerguson44

I'm going out on a limb here. And I don't have a specific source to back this up right now. But, I am going to predict a defection from South Carolina to UND by Gary Gray before the recruiting season is over.

I think with the friendship that Gray has developed with Clausen and Tyler, he will consider it. Now if Mark Barnes ends up coming to ND, I think it is a foregone conclusion that Gray switches his commitment. Unfrotunately, we may have to wait until next Feb. to find out but...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Champion10

Well Gray is graduating early....so it your prediciton comes true then it may happen earlier than that.

Although if I wanted a defection this year from a team it would be Chris Gallipo.

Guest VagasFerguson44

I forgot that he is graduating early. So, it will have to happen earlier. Even better!

I think their may be a few defections to ND this year as the class fills up with high profile recruits.

I hope CW does as great a job of keeping our recruits reeled in as he did last year. That was one of the most impressive things for me last year. There were zero defections despite the fact that we had some early high profile commitments.

Guest bluester2000

Champ, are you high?

Ausberry, Austin, Luckett, Lewis, McClendon, Tripp, Stadler, Eliades, Berrie, Marsh, McCoy, Banks, Alexander, Cumbie, Johnson, Graham, Lewis, Norton, Cooper, Brown, and Moore. 21 recruits received offers from Notre Dame (22 if you include Forbaith, which I didn't). We signed 28? So we're a bit better than 50%.

If you meant that CW hasn't lost a player that's verbally committed to the Irish you're right, but remember how much we were worried when McNeil went to visit Florida?

Guest TDJesus3

2 points

50% is a great percentage, this staff just doesnt offer everyone and hope they come like MI, ND is fighting it out for the best kids 50% of those is great

secondly, no one was worried about McNeil, he never waivered, more was made of that then needed to be, he got offered and they chased him, but other guys got chased to and we dont talk about them, McNeil never reopend or anything, CW has done a great job keeping the boys he gets and even keeping them from reopening recruiting

Guest TDJesus3

As far as Gray goes, I doubt it, i havent heard anything about it and i wouldnt think that kid would have picked so early if he wsant sure, he is a priority for them and he knew what JC was likely going to do, and Barnes, im still not buying him coming here, I think Gray stays and we pick up Williams and another CB that wont make us worry about him

I still think that Gary was never really interested in ND, and was just trying to recruit JC to SC that whole time. Once Gary realized it was a lost cause, he chose SC hoping that he could pull some recruits with him.

I do not think Gary will de-commit from SC, and I do not think that Barnes will choose ND.

Guest TDJesus3

i thought we were in on Allen before but now i have my doubts, I still think Johnson is really in our ballpark...i have no info on either of them source wise, but i just get the feeling on Allen, I would like to hear if Charlie goes and sees him

It was mentioned in the short blurb on rivals that his cousin (Aaron Grant) is a signee at OSU

Orchard Lake (Mich.) St. Marys star Dionte Allen headed south on Saturday with two of his teammates, fellow star junior Taurian Washington, and cousin and Ohio State signee Aaron Gant. What spring game did the trio take in over the weekend?

http://notredame.rivals.com/noaccess.asp?SID=961&script=/content.asp&CID=537852

Guest bluester2000

TD,

My point was CW isn't God, and he has lost recruits. A number of good/great ones. He'll continue to lose recruits, why else would he make over 50 offers so far?

Like I asked previously, if Champ meant that he hasn't lost a recruit that has verballed then he's right. If he meant that every recruit he offered committed then he's wrong.

Guest TDJesus3

i agree with you there, blue

I think he meant targeted as a priority now that I read it again, and I think thats wrong, your always going to miss on a few, thats just how the game goes, but you have backup plans and get the next kid on ur list in, which is what Weis does very well

Guest NDLawJAG

I agree that Allen is likely going to chose OSU (friends on the team) or FSU (he thinks he is the next Deon). I do not think, based on his comments, that ND selling points are what he is looking for.

As for the discussion about CW getting all the recruits, I expect to see our percentage numbers down alittle this year. Last year we were close to 60%, higher if you take out those that we pulled offers on. This year I expect to be under 50%.

I think CW targeted all the top recruits this year versus last year where there were a number of second tier recruits that were offered. When we are head to head with the top programs in the country for every recruit we are nt going to win them all.