Benn

Guest TDJesus3

Guest TDJesus3

I read an article on Rivals where Benn talks about his trip, basically he says he was overwhelmed by the fans and had a great experience, much like the other guys.

He also said he felt pressure to commit after JC did, but that he wants to wait till he makes his officials this fall before early enrolling in January

You can tell how much this kid loves ND, and i think he is irish, but those of you who wanted his public commit this week are gonna have to wait, i get the feeling hes gonna be a big deal at one of the games, it will be a spectical that gets the next round of kids to jump on board, jut like JC this time was a spectical on campus, can you imagine that Benn doing a presser while on an official visit for one of the games, could be wild...again i say do not worry about him, its just going to be awhile until announcement

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluester2000

Honestly, as badly as I wanted the Jimmy Clausen commit, the real commit I'm waiting for is the one after Clausen. I'm hoping it's a big fish that convinces everyone to sign up.

I think Benn and most of the other top flite talents have been to all the schools they're looking at. Why bother waiting for the officials?

Anyone know what the big differences between the two are (besides the University pays for the official, and there's a limit on the number kids can go on)?

Guest TDJesus3

not sure of the difference, but blue remeber this stuff is very coordinated with our staff, i get the feeling the big names will be spread out, and more little names will pop up as we go on

Guest DCIrish

Hats off to those of you who predicted Clausen would commit!!

Great things should be in store for us on the recruiting stage with his verbal.

It is my hope that other bigs names will follow his lead. I'm confident in saying that is why his announcement was so calculated.

At the end of the day, no man is an island. We really need a supporting cast and REALLY need to upgrade our defensive unit. Depth is sorely needed along the front seven and we need speed all around.

I really liked that Mike Farrell said that ND fans shoud rest easy with Kumara, Benn and Ragone. Perhaps he knows something we don't at this point.

Cannot wait until the Georgia Tech game. It already has me nervous because of the their speedy QB and great receiver, but that is a whole other post...

Let's just enjoy this and realize that Charlie will work his a$$ off on the recruiting trail this month and it will pay dividends...

• 1 month later...

Benn has his summer tour planned out fellas. He says that he wont be visiting ND this summer, but when he goes to the west coast to visit USC, he will also visit with Irish commitment, Jimmy Clausen. Cant tell me this guy isn't Irish, lol !!!! This makes me think that Tyler just may be Irish also(wishful thinking,lol). Those 3 hanging out together on the west coast, sporting ND gear, I like the sounds of that, lol !!!!!

Guest TDJesus3

"I may do it earlier, or the beginning of the season," he said.

that quote comes from a rivals story today talking about benn and his commitment

big suprise here guys, broke was right, a certain coach has pushed up benn's announcement from his bday to now sometime earlier

Benn has his summer tour planned out fellas. He says that he wont be visiting ND this summer, but when he goes to the west coast to visit USC, he will also visit with Irish commitment, Jimmy Clausen. Cant tell me this guy isn't Irish, lol !!!! This makes me think that Tyler just may be Irish also(wishful thinking,lol). Those 3 hanging out together on the west coast, sporting ND gear, I like the sounds of that, lol !!!!!

I read something different today dread from Rivals. Actually it comes from the FSU site. Benn WILL be Irish. Benn IS hoping to visit ND again this summer. Here is a few lines from the article:

[/i]The Seminole coaching staff is hoping to get the blue chip receiver to come in for a visit this summer.

"Coach Lilly, I like him," said Benn, "he's a good guy. I'm trying to make plans to go there this summer."

The Rivals100 member says he will visit Illinois and Southern California for sure, and hopes to visit Tallahassee and South Bend as well.

Guest TDJesus3

yea he just talked about how he has connections to the illini and how he likes them...pretty useless cause as we all know he won't be going there

Guest TDJesus3

i will tell u this, it won't be too long before the illini land a couple of big kids, it wont be this year but for some reason kids like it their, and zook really can recruit...mind u there not going to become great, but they won't be last in the big ten anymore, atleast talent wise

again this is nothing for us to worry about, we will always have our pick of chicago kids, and even illinois kids, not that weis has reopened the pipeline, just wait for filler next year that kid is going to be unreal, and nagels little brother, those are two big time sophmores at lb, who ND should be able to land no problem

Why is Illinois popping up with some of our recruits? They have not been doing very well and last year they were 2-9 and 0-8 in the Big Ten. Would you want to go some place that finish the season losing their last 9 games or go to some place that won 9 games and is a favorite to win the NC?