Deonte Thompson

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he makes the trip to South Bend it will show that he isn't the Florida lock that he has been rumored to be. I still think pulling him out of the south will be next to impossible, but at least this trip would give a little hope :)

It is worth noting that Rivals also lists 4/22 as the spring game for Florida and Ohio State.

Guest Shamrock83

How many receivers are we planning on taking this year though.... it sounds like Kamara and Benn are pretty high on ND right now... say we get both of them are we even going to go after anyone else?

I'd like to see Weis bring in 3. I think Benn and Kamara are high on ND. Also Little seems be real excited w/ his recent offer from CW. I'd like to see these three come in, I believe we'll see Thompson stay in Florida. Too bad, he's a speedster.

Guest NDLawJAG

I would love to get Little, Kamara and Benn... Of course, I bet they would be able to "find" a fourth scholarship if Thompson and the other three all committed to CW next week.

That being said, once two of these big name WR commit, I'm not sure that the others will still have as high a interest in ND. I hope they do but I know these kids would rather go somewhere with less competition.

From my understanding, Little and Kamara are similar styles. If we take 3 I could see us only taking one of those 2 and using that 3rd spot for a speedster. There is still the chance they bring in 4 since Little has the versatility to play S if he gets pushed down the depth chart (not that S is any less congested).

somewhere in this mix we need a guy to flat out stretch the field. a true speedster. all 3 of these guys obviously have speed but not the "scare you to death" speed.

Yeah but still, having him will only help us too. 2 guys that can stretch the feild is better than 1. Plus, Thompson is a 5 star recruit, i'm looking for the #1 class this year and having JC, AB, MA, GL, DT, MT, etc. will help us get #1 in a landslide and that's what i want: ND DOMINANCE!

Guest TDJesus3

you can never have too much speed, but yes everyone on this board loves barry gallup!

I think we have been improving with this kid, early on it looked like no way does he leave florida, and im starting to tihnk right now its turned into an either or situation, either ND or FL. I just think coach can sell him on playing time and the offense and other talent and he will be ours

Meyer uses a bunch of WRs in his system (similar to how CW likes to use a lot of TEs). Florida appears stacked at WR, but they have "room" for more.

I do not think any school is recruiting DT as their #1 guy. If a team can convince him that he will be on the field a lot and be the focus of their passing game, that may put them over the edge with him. UF has a big edge because of location....and the fact the DT grew up a big fan.