Sounds like it's Urban Meyer

Guest SunshineState

Guest SunshineState

I really think this is happening. It sounds good for Notre Dame. I completely dismissed the "rumor" at first but the rumor was that a deal would get made with Meyer the Saturday night AFTER the SECCG. Now reports are that a new ND coach will be made on Sunday? Sounds like it to me.

If so then this would be a HR hire. He is the real deal. Congrats.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think this is happening. It sounds good for Notre Dame. I completely dismissed the "rumor" at first but the rumor was that a deal would get made with Meyer the Saturday night AFTER the SECCG. Now reports are that a new ND coach will be made on Sunday? Sounds like it to me.

Yeah, and I hear - from the ubiquitous source close to the situation - that Tebow is forgoing his NFL career (or the 2 years of training camp and failed experiments in the Wlidcat) to become the ND Offensive Coordinator / QB coach. He will be mentoring Dayne Crist on how to win that second Heisman Trophy too...happy days are here again!

And here I was getting depressed and ready for acceptance of another crappy coaching hire...and all along the big news was going to be "Notre Dame hires Pope Urban and Saint Timothy"...

Another meyer thread? Uh o hawaiis gonna explode lol

hope your right man but what if he wouldve won this game? If the plan was in place a while ago does anyone believe he wouldve signed and sealed sunday with his team on the way to the national championship?

Thats why i find it nearly impossible to believe

also, someone should let chris martin know

Yeah, and I hear - from the ubiquitous source close to the situation - that Tebow is forgoing his NFL career (or the 2 years of training camp and failed experiments in the Wlidcat) to become the ND Offensive Coordinator / QB coach. He will be mentoring Dayne Crist on how to win that second Heisman Trophy too...happy days are here again!

And here I was getting depressed and ready for acceptance of another crappy coaching hire...and all along the big news was going to be "Notre Dame hires Pope Urban and Saint Timothy"...

Guy... necessary?

Guest polish leppy 22

1) Commentators were pointing at the "distractions" cincinatti's kids were facing when they were getting clobbered early in the game today because of all the brian kelly to ND talk

2) could it have been the same thing with the gators and meyer to ND?

3) is it possible that urban got a verbal from martin knowing he'd be taking him to south bend?

1) Commentators were pointing at the "distractions" cincinatti's kids were facing when they were getting clobbered early in the game today because of all the brian kelly to ND talk

2) could it have been the same thing with the gators and meyer to ND?

3) is it possible that urban got a verbal from martin knowing he'd be taking him to south bend?

But then why would Martin even decommit if he knew?

OK, I'll say it. I get the distinct feeling that Jack Swarbrick is just looking out for Jack Swarbrick and not the University of Notre Dame football team. He's rumored to be in the running for NCAA President, and I truly believe he is going to Kevin White us, not get his guy, and move on within a couple years. With that said, I hope I'm wrong!

OK, I'll say it. I get the distinct feeling that Jack Swarbrick is just looking out for Jack Swarbrick and not the University of Notre Dame football team. He's rumored to be in the running for NCAA President, and I truly believe he is going to Kevin White us, not get his guy, and move on within a couple years. With that said, I hope I'm wrong!

I don't think Jenkins would sign off on that. Remember he was the one who pushed Willingham out.

the ESPN report of coach could be named as early as Sunday was from the Sun Times article. The article was later refuted afer Bob Stoops denied once again that he wasnt going to ND. Sun Time was talking about Stoops not Urban and not Kelly.

on to the next bogus rumor.

I just hope that Brian Kelly's agent was talking with Swarbrick while BK wasnt.

What were you smoking when you came up with this? I fail to see how your first statement has anything to do with him being rumored to be in the running for ncaa prez.

What were you smoking when you came up with this? I fail to see how your first statement has anything to do with him being rumored to be in the running for ncaa prez.

Because if JS threw a ton of money at a coach he would be looked down upon in the NCAA circle...maybe wouldn't even get it. He's almost in a conflict of interest IMO.