Any Truth?

I think Jimmy would be more likely to stay is we got Kelly than Meyer (based off of offensive systems). Golden would do well in both.....but I think Kelly's would let him put up better numbers at WR and Meyer's would give him better numbers all around (Running, receiving, kick returns).

I'd have a hard time believing Jimmy would stay for either. In fact, as you guys mentioned due to draft status right now, he is probably out the door.

What I'm more concerned about is how Crist and the 2 incoming freshmen will take to a spread offensive scheme should Meyer or Kelly get the nod.

Guest rocketsan22
Is there any truth to the rumor that Golden Tate and Clausen said that they'd come back if Urban Meyer were to coach here next year?

Hmmmmmmm, this question is ripe with suggestion...

Chiro, how come you don't allow PM's? :)

Guest rocketsan22
Is there any truth to the rumor that Golden Tate and Clausen said that they'd come back if Urban Meyer were to coach here next year?

So today at 11:21am, you post about a 7-10 day window for a new hire...

Then you post this...

What do you know????

I could see Crist excelling in a spread system like Meyer runs. Just flip the memory banks to the Purdue game--he was putting on one hell of a Tebow impersonation.

No way Jimmy comes back under any circumstances. Kiper has him at the top of his draft board in QBs now. He is a guaranteed 1st round pick. There is absolutely NO WAY, no matter WHO the coach is that Jimmy comes back, and I can't say I blame him. This was the business decision all along--go get coached by the QB coach of all QB coaches, get your piece of paper in 3 years, and get into the NFL. End of discussion on Jimmy.

Tate, while I would love for him to come back, I would say the best sales pitch for him would be to convince him he needs his degree. Does he need to improve? Sure. But tell me how any other system is going to give him the stats he put up this year. Tell me how on earth could he surpass this year. Ain't gonna happen. Not to mention--do you realize his competition next year? Julio Jones, AJ Green, Floyd, etc.

Bye Bye Jimmy

Bye Bye Tate

Thanks for the memories

I could see Crist excelling in a spread system like Meyer runs. Just flip the memory banks to the Purdue game--he was putting on one hell of a Tebow impersonation.

Hope the knee heels well. Dude has some serious wheels. Best size and speed combo we've had in a while. I think Meyer would have some fun with the talent at skill positions particularly if somehow he could convince Tate to stay.

No way Jimmy comes back under any circumstances. Kiper has him at the top of his draft board in QBs now. He is a guaranteed 1st round pick. There is absolutely NO WAY, no matter WHO the coach is that Jimmy comes back, and I can't say I blame him. This was the business decision all along--go get coached by the QB coach of all QB coaches, get your piece of paper in 3 years, and get into the NFL. End of discussion on Jimmy.

Tate, while I would love for him to come back, I would say the best sales pitch for him would be to convince him he needs his degree. Does he need to improve? Sure. But tell me how any other system is going to give him the stats he put up this year. Tell me how on earth could he surpass this year. Ain't gonna happen. Not to mention--do you realize his competition next year? Julio Jones, AJ Green, Floyd, etc.

Bye Bye Jimmy

Bye Bye Tate

Thanks for the memories

but remember, tate is being projected as a second-rounder right now. he *might* have incentive to come back to improve that draft projection. certainly, he has far more reasons that JC does. JC is gone...

but remember, tate is being projected as a second-rounder right now. he *might* have incentive to come back to improve that draft projection.

Not really: rookie salary cap. How much more could he possibly make after another year, even if he improves his standing by one full round? Plus: subtract a year of salary.

Not really: rookie salary cap. How much more could he possibly make after another year, even if he improves his standing by one full round? Plus: subtract a year of salary.

he could make quite a bit more by jumping into the first round, actually...if i remember the salary structure correctly. though, as you say, that might all change.

but, many people are now saying that TOO many juniors are going to come out because of the cap and some smart agents are advising their junior clients to wait til next year, as the field will be thinner and thus their chances of being drafted higher will go up. and being drafted higher will *always* mean more money, salary cap or not...

Bye Bye Jimmy

Bye Bye Tate

Thanks for the memories

I don't think this gets mentioned much but Golden also plays baseball maybe he stays to finish out both sports and see where he gets drafted in both much like the Shark........what is to say he will not be a 1st round draft pick in the MLB? just putting that out there .....there is more to it than just the NFL draft for Golden....maybe he wants to enjoy one last season of Baseball as well.