Zero Traction to Kelly Staying in Cinci

Folks I have been doing as much 'round the horn searching for further information on that radio interview in Cincinnati where he indicated he is staying. Nada. No major news sources, not even SI.com's 'Truth and Rumors' has picked this up. I strongly suspect that this has no legs. Also, correct me if I am worng, but there were a couple of message boards indicating that the interview was a series of edited soundbites, and that it occurred before the Tuesday press conference wherein he did his little song and dance. What's more, you would expect Cincinnati message board posters to be hanging their hats on this, but there is no further mention of it

I don't mind shooting for the stars (i.e., Stoops, Meyer), but I do take some comfort in Kelly. In spite of this radio station blurb, he remains the front runner for the job in my opinion.

Has anyone else been able to chase this radio interview or subsequent information?

Edited by williamson143
additional thought

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am with you. I thought it was said that ESPN radio aired the interview or something to that affect but there is nothing on ESPN's website. I would think that if it was true and one of the major players in the head coaching search turns us down it would be all over ESPN. I mean Ferentz even got a headline about staying in Iowa.

Guest ajlukasz
I am with you. I thought it was said that ESPN radio aired the interview or something to that affect but there is nothing on ESPN's website. I would think that if it was true and one of the major players in the head coaching search turns us down it would be all over ESPN. I mean Ferentz even got a headline about staying in Iowa.

If he really was 100% sure he'll be at Cincy next year, Brian Kelly would have came out and proclaimed that is his presser today. I mean if you really wanted to eliminate the distraction, why not go right out and say first thing at the presser that you will be at Cincy next year no doubt? I think we'll land Kelly, which will turn out to be a great thing!

I heard it early this morning on ESPN TV program in which they just played the radio snippit in which he said he was not leaving Cincy...don't know if it was doctored or not

It sounded put together. I'm not sure if it was all from one interview or several put together......

it wasnt much of a denial-- and it was edited-- 3 seperate sound bites but from the same interview-- nonetheless when you string them together it sounds more emphatic so they linked them-- somewhat misleading IMO but its sports jounalism so whats new----- " its all about staying yep thats staying isnt that always what its about"--- a mildly bazarr comment if you ask me---" we love it here in cicny-- my family loves it here, this is a great place"------"i have to keep winning or i wont get on your show"-------it really wasnt all that much----- the main comment is the " staying its all about staying isnt it"--- sort of a wierd comment actually--lol i mean whats all about staying-- and anyhow in coaching its all about winning NOT all about staying---- sounded a little akward to me!!

aloha go irish

Even if it was edited it sounded defensive and just dumb. I mean, toward the end of the interview he didn't say he was staying he said he was happy there. When he had to give a yes or no answer he said, "I'm staying, I'm staying, I mean it's always about staying"...what the hell does that even mean?

I wouldn't look into those comments for much. He has a big game to coach and the worst thing that could've happened last week (besides a cinci loss) happened with Pitt losing. He knows he has to ride the line and do his job. I think either way he comes forward next week as our coach. Also kind of excited because my cousin who is a jr. In HS has been hearing from UC and is a huge Irish fan. Wishful thinking but I like his charisma, something we need after Charlie.

700 WLW in Cincy tonight said that they spoke to a Delta Airlines rep who stated that ND officials have been in twice the past 10 days. The rep also said that one of the officials was overheard saying something along the lines of "at least the weather won't be a factor for BK"....it was 40 degrees and rainy here today.

Anyway, that is what 700 had to report around 6:00 PM tonight. They are the top AM radio program in Cincy.

700 WLW in Cincy tonight said that they spoke to a Delta Airlines rep who stated that ND officials have been in twice the past 10 days. The rep also said that one of the officials was overheard saying something along the lines of "at least the weather won't be a factor for BK"....it was 40 degrees and rainy here today.

Anyway, that is what 700 had to report around 6:00 PM tonight. They are the top AM radio program in Cincy.

Thanks for the info hombre,who knows what to believe but its still exciting! In the end i believe jack will make the right choice for notre dame