Just Rumor milling around!

Don't kill the messenger: :flame:

*Notre Dame quarterbacks coach Ron Powlus just left St. Xavier within a short time ago and told St. Xavier football coach Steve Specht that Notre Dame wants to have the coaching search completed within a week to 10 days.

*On Novmeber 23, was the FIRST TO REPORT, that Tommy Tuberville has had contact with Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick. sources tell us that Tuberville has his staff in place and will get back in coaching if the right job is there for the taking.

*sources have confirmed that Notre Dame representatives have been in contact with UConn head coach Randy Edsall in order to gauge his interest in the position. According to our source, we have been told there is a mutual interest between two parties.

*BREAKING NEWS as Head Coach Brian Kelly have finalized the deal for contract extension.

(November 29) that University Officials have been working behind the scenes on a contract extension, one that could keep Kelly in Cincinnati for a long time. According to our source, you can expect an announcement soon and it is almost finalized. Our

source has confirmed that Head Coach Brian Kelly will be the Head Coach at UC next season. Again, he is NOT a candidate at Notre Dame, which REPORTED on November 19.

*Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick says he hasstarted contacting the candidates to replace fired coach Charlie Weis. Swarbrick would not say how many people he has talked to, but says he didn’tbegin contacting candidates until Tuesday. He wouldn’t comment on any of thenames widely reported as possible replacements for Weis. He also says the searchcould take him out of town as early as Wednesday. He spent part of the day talking with Notre Dame assistant coaches about thefootball program.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for sure the Ron Powlus quote is true as there is an actual article about it. I'd post the link, but I'm new; however, if you Google: "powlus st xavier" it should be the top link.

I know for sure the Ron Powlus quote is true as there is an actual article about it. I'd post the link, but I'm new; however, if you Google: "powlus st xavier" it should be the top link.

Welcome to Domer Domain! or should I simply say...'Howdy'

Thanks for the info Tex.

sources have confirmed that both Bob Stoops (Oklahoma Head Coach) and Kirk Ferentz (Iowa Head Coach) have turned down an

offer to coach the Irish.

Can anything from FootballCoachScoop be taken seriously?

Strike that...Why should it be taken seriously? Granted, it has just as much credibility as any poster with 'sources', but that site strikes me as being far from the pulse of what is actually taking place.

sources have confirmed that both Bob Stoops (Oklahoma Head Coach) and Kirk Ferentz (Iowa Head Coach) have turned down an

offer to coach the Irish.

You keep saying "sources" and "our sources." Are you cutting and pasting, or is this you? And your inordinately well-connected posse of tipsters?

I even had a friend let me know someone told her Stoops was actually on campus today. I have a slight feeling any and everything is being thrown to the wall until something sticks.

Please be careful not to unconciously cut and paste an article from another source. Paraphrasing is allowed when done in the correct format.

The following link can help with any questions if needed.

http://www3.uakron.edu/schlcomm/White/PARA.HTM

Again please be careful and respect the original authors of the article in question. And remember...when in doubt, use the Link.

You keep saying "sources" and "our sources." Are you cutting and pasting, or is this you? And your inordinately well-connected posse of tipsters?

My well connected posse only knows youth football in the area from 6-9 years old. And I have a recruit for us in 2017.

Joyner has eliminated us and will now go to florida.

Football scoop has been correct as much as anyone else and a lot of sites are getting their info from FScoops.

When we can get a rumor going every 8 minutes, that means that nobody has a clue. and by nobody, i mean the Irish ADmin also. I don't think they know how to conduct a coaching search in the times of Internet, 24 hour media and ESPN.

Please be careful not to unconciously cut and paste an article from another source. Paraphrasing is allowed when done in the correct format.

The following link can help with any questions if needed.

http://www3.uakron.edu/schlcomm/White/PARA.HTM

Again please be careful and respect the original authors of the article in question. And remember...when in doubt, use the Link.

I can't figure out a way to paraphrase this crap and there isn't any source tied to the rumors.

I can't figure out a way to paraphrase this crap and there isn't any source tied to the rumors.

Fair enough, I have that problem also. Look all you need to do then is put the article in italics, like this:

Brian Kelly, the perceived leading candidate by many, told Bill Koch of the Cincinnati Enquirer yesterday that he had not had any contact with anyone from Notre Dame, and suggested that even if someone from the school reached out to him, he wouldn't listen until after his team's regular-season finale Saturday against Pittsburgh.

So if Kelly is the choice, don't expect an announcement until next week at the earliest. However, if that happens, writes Jim O'Donnell of the Chicago Sun-Times, Kelly likely would leave the Bearcats immediately to take over the Irish -- giving up a probable BCS game but coaching Notre Dame in its bowl.

Update: Brian Hanley of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that a source says that a Notre Dame representative has contacted UConn's Randy Edsall to gauge his interest in becoming the next Irish coach. Edsall has drawn kudos for his ability to shepherd UConn from I-AA into the Big East, and on ESPN the other day he was strongly endorsed by former Notre Dame basketball coach Digger Phelps. Edsall also has a defensive background, and he'd come cheaper than some of the other names.

You'll be covered for sure.