We are in Good Hands

Lets not panic. I say this because I believe Jack Swarbrick is maybe the best qualified AD we have had at ND since Gene Corrigan the AD that hired Lou Holtz.

Read his resume at the below link and pay particular attention to the things that sports related people have said about him.

This guy is no rookie. I think he will be calculated and precise about what he does and how he does it. Like Corrigan he inherited the coach, Corrigan inherited Jerry Faust. Corrigan knew what he wanted and went and got it. I think Jack will do the same.

I think we will be surprised and happy with whatever the end result is.

IMO

http://www.und.com/genrel/071608aaf.html

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not panic. I say this because I believe Jack Swarbrick is maybe the best qualified AD we have had at ND since Gene Corrigan the AD that hired Lou Holtz.

Read his resume at the below link and pay particular attention to the things that sports related people have said about him.

This guy is no rookie. I think he will be calculated and precise about what he does and how he does it. Like Corrigan he inherited the coach, Corrigan inherited Jerry Faust. Corrigan knew what he wanted and went and got it. I think Jack will do the same.

I think we will be surprised and happy with whatever the end result is.

IMO

http://www.und.com/genrel/071608aaf.html

agree.................

I agree, but I also hope he isn't going to be "calculated and precise" for a month because that would be a disaster for the University. Too many eyes on this one and therefore it would leave the University open for ridicule and embarrassment. This needs to be finished in the next 14 days.

i really hope your right.

ill believe it when i see it.

what happens if all those desired by ND are saying no?

That is exactly the point. Swarbrick will talk to several potential and qualified candidates some will say yes and some will say no. The ones that say yrs will have to answer the most citical question. Can you win at Notre Dame and if they say yes he will ask them why and their reasons why will determine the next coach.

I believe the ones he gets to the point of asking why can you win will all meet his idea of a qualified coach which he basically explained in his press conference. A "college head coach" level that has built a sucessful program from the ground up, There are plenty of those candidates out their, ones we have not even talked about. The questions is which ones want it ands will say yes and the ones that say yes what makes them believe they can win at ND. He explained some of those things faciltities tradition alumni etc etc.

I agree, but I also hope he isn't going to be "calculated and precise" for a month because that would be a disaster for the University. Too many eyes on this one and therefore it would leave the University open for ridicule and embarrassment. This needs to be finished in the next 14 days.

But for some of the top candidates being mentioned, isn't that time line impractical? UM, for instance, if they win the SEC title game & end up going to the BCS title game? I'm not saying I buy into the Meyer coming thing, but if he was wouldn't it likely be into January before it could become official?

but if he was wouldn't it likely be into January before it could become official?

Yes it would, and Urban isn't coming here. Other teams bowl schedules are not my concern. People will claim they have turned ND down without ever being contacted, they will publicly say that have no interest (Stoops), and some could use us as leverage to further their own contract. All of this is detrimental to our program and the longer this is drawn out, the more opportunity there is for this to continue to occur.

I think Swarbrick has handled himself well in public to date, in relation to the coaching change. But ultimately he'll be judged not by how eloquently he speaks, nor how polished he appears in interviews, but by the calibre of the candidate he finally emerges with when this process is over. And the longer it goes on the better that person will have to be, I suspect.

Is it possible that Swarbrick has already made a line up of coaches and dialogue since last season's fiasco? Seriously, this is not a recent issue and I doubt that Swarbrick would skip making a contingency plan last summer, if the program fell into disaster this season.

Is it possible that Swarbrick has already made a line up of coaches and dialogue since last season's fiasco? Seriously, this is not a recent issue and I doubt that Swarbrick would skip making a contingency plan last summer, if the program fell into disaster this season.

If the search genuinely did only begin after Weis' departure then God help us. But I can't believe that Jack isn't savvy enough to have put the wheels in motion a good while ago (at least as early as this year's Navy game, and maybe as long ago as last Christmas).

If Jack didn't have his list AND talk to a few of them on it after last year's SC mess, then quite frankly he shouldn't be in the AD position. Trust me, he's had that list since the day he was hired. An AD is judged around the football program and the hiring they made. At this place, every other sport doesn't matter. Yes it's a blast to watch the bball and hockey teams. Muffet's done an awesome job. Women's soccer is a powerhouse. But none of it matters. His sole job is to hire this coach. Pressure anyone?

Lets Jack Swarbrick is maybe the best qualified AD we have had at ND since Gene Corrigan the AD that hired Lou Holtz.

I think we will be surprised and happy with whatever the end result is.[/url]

JS has performed well so far... let's hope he closes the deal.

Guest LaFun12

imroc you make an excellent point. The coaching world is a small one. In the off season people in the business run into each other all the time (conferences, clinics, etc.). I am sure last spring/summer Jack Swarbrick had his share of informal encounters with people, perhaps even those on his short list. It would be nice to be a fly on the wall.

If Jack didn't have his list AND talk to a few of them on it after last year's SC mess, then quite frankly he shouldn't be in the AD position. Trust me, he's had that list since the day he was hired. An AD is judged around the football program and the hiring they made. At this place, every other sport doesn't matter. Yes it's a blast to watch the bball and hockey teams. Muffet's done an awesome job. Women's soccer is a powerhouse. But none of it matters. His sole job is to hire this coach. Pressure anyone?

Absolutely agree.

imroc you make an excellent point. The coaching world is a small one. In the off season people in the business run into each other all the time (conferences, clinics, etc.). I am sure last spring/summer Jack Swarbrick had his share of informal encounters with people, perhaps even those on his short list. It would be nice to be a fly on the wall.

that's some reassurance. i've never thought about such details and they do make sense. i guess it's not as if AD and others in the 'business' sit around all summer with nothing to do. thanks