Cincinnati coach Brian Kelly won't talk ND until after Pitt game

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...which makes me believe he's our guy. More so than ever now...

I finally have a legit source, and i am promised to secrecy.....damn this is killing me.

I can say that Kelly is very interested in ND.....but he also is very interested in coaching his team right now. If ND ends up hiring Kelly, the next month will be very interesting unless one side gives a little.

What the hell is he thinking, hasn't he read any of the meltdown going on in the ND forums - throw us a bone already......

LOL -- perfectly stated. Captures the panic on this board.

"He should quit focusing on an 11-0 season and a BCS berth to let ND fans know he'll be here next year! Geez!"

Guest rocketsan22
I finally have a legit source, and i am promised to secrecy.....damn this is killing me.

I have been apprehensive of asking my source for scoop, but I will shoot an email this evening and see if he'll offer anything up. This guy is well known on campus and holds a pretty important position pertinent to the football program.

I can say that Kelly is very interested in ND.....but he also is very interested in coaching his team right now. If ND ends up hiring Kelly, the next month will be very interesting unless one side gives a little.

That's a tough situation for us and Kelly to be in. Kelly has a responsibility to his players and is doing the right thing in wanting to coach Cincinnati. ND is now in a bind because we have to wait a while. What is this going to do to our current players? Our recruits?

Patience.

Great. So if Kelly wants to finish the year and coach the BCS bowl game, ND may look elsewhere? If he is the guy then sign him and wait. If he's not the guy, then move on to....wait there is nobody else to move on to with Cryer, Stoops, Patterson, Gruden, et al. all lining up to say no.

I think of all the candidates Kelly would be the best really. People question his recruiting but that's not everything in terms of being a good coach although important. He's undefeated with 2-3 star recruits and can flat out coach. With our facilities, fanbase, and recruiting he will flourish here. Everyone needs to keep in mind 2 things:

1) Weis was a terrible head coach just a good recruiter.

2) Our schedule (7-4-1) is going to be favorable.

Looking back, I even believe Kelly would be better than Stoops' here. OU had one of the lowest graduation rates last season at only 48%. Terrible and not gonna cut it.

SIGN BRIAN KELLY!!!!

Guest rocketsan22

Looking back, I even believe Kelly would be better than Stoops' here. OU had one of the lowest graduation rates last season at only 48%. Terrible and not gonna cut it.

The admin won't allow this to happen.

I think of all the candidates Kelly would be the best really. People question his recruiting but that's not everything in terms of being a good coach although important. He's undefeated with 2-3 star recruits and can flat out coach. With our facilities, fanbase, and recruiting he will flourish here. Everyone needs to keep in mind 2 things:

SIGN BRIAN KELLY!!!!

You're like one of those cows in the Chick-fil-a commercials....

SIGN BRIAN KELLY!!!!

They didn't graduate because they leave early to go to the NFL....that's what happens when you have elite talent. ND players stay because they have no choice to go to the NFL early.

Again, who cares about graduation rates when you are trying to be elite and compete for NC's!

They didn't graduate because they leave early to go to the NFL....that's what happens when you have elite talent. ND players stay because they have no choice to go to the NFL early.

Again, who cares about graduation rates when you are trying to be elite and compete for NC's!

I'm not going to take the time to do the research, but with Jimmy and Tate leaving early, we're right up there with early departures in the last few years. ND admissions are a bend and not break group of people. Don't be unrealistic about lowering admissions. We recruit with the best as it is and have no excuse if we finally hire someone to develop our talent. Kelly would be a great hire in that regard. But kudos to Charlie for dispelling that myth.

Another thing, our guys that leave early still graduate.

I'm not going to take the time to do the research, but with Jimmy and Tate leaving early, we're right up there with early departures in the last few years. ND admissions are a bend and not break group of people. Don't be unrealistic about lowering admissions. We recruit with the best as it is and have no excuse if we finally hire someone to develop our talent. Kelly would be a great hire in that regard. But kudos to Charlie for dispelling that myth.

Another thing, our guys that leave early still graduate.

jimmy actually graduates at the end of next semester. him leaving early doesnt mean hes not graduating. thats probably one of the biggest factors in him leaving.

Ive heard the rumors as well i have no inside sources but i have read that kelly wants to coach in a BCS bowl if cincy is in one and that is a sticking point with swarbrick.

Urban coached in the BCS with Utah though but everyon knew he was going to florida beforehand, couldnt we do something similar? Agree in principal with kelly but still allow him to coach in his bowl? If this is the last sticking point i think we should give in and let him coach in it instead of continuing down the list of coaches.

Then again other reports say kelly isnt even on swarbricks radar so who knows what to believe at this point, silly season is certainly upon us.

Theres also the possibility that Kelly could be using all this smoke to get what he wants out of UC. I hope that ND is talking to him, he would be a great coach at ND.

I don't see this happening, I'm sure that Kelly understands that UC is not the type of program that you want to go through the best years of your career at. Coaches take jobs at schools like UC to get bigger jobs - I can't see Kelly, or any coach for that matter, jepordizing a chance to coach at a school like ND by leveraging them against the school they are currently at.

I don't see this happening, I'm sure that Kelly understands that UC is not the type of program that you want to go through the best years of your career at. Coaches take jobs at schools like UC to get bigger jobs - I can't see Kelly, or any coach for that matter, jepordizing a chance to coach at a school like ND by leveraging them against the school they are currently at.

agree.............