hawaiiirish

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Hold on ye who said we will get a "real coaching staff" are we? will we? Those are unknowns at this moment. All hopes, dreams and wishes are just that an empty shot at the unknown. Just sayin not fighting or debating.

Like someone said above it was always a possibility that he would take his mission. Manti

Is going to be a great LB if he sticks around but no one player is bigger than ND football as a whole.

I understand the allegiance these kids and men have for weis but if they can't realize why

Weis is gone then maybe they should move on too.

Guest ajlukasz

The way I see it, if Manti wants to go on that two year long NFL career killing mission then I say go. I would love for Manti to stay, but it seemed obvious to me all along that he would be leaving us after his first year. Personally, I think it's a shame, but it is his life.

The way I see it, if Manti wants to go on that two year long NFL career killing mission then I say go. I would love for Manti to stay, but it seemed obvious to me all along that he would be leaving us after his first year. Personally, I think it's a shame, but it is his life.

Wow is that ignorant. Perhaps his faith is more important than football to him.

I think a decision to go on a mission is consistent with the ND value system... expression and pursuit of one's faith should be supported and respected.

So, if Manti does decide to take on this calling... all the more power to him.

I am sure Weis leaving is not a reason to go on a mission, but it might have triggered some introspection and may help him in his prayers to decide what is important to him.

Football is only a vehicle to demonstrate personal and communal excellence.

Go Irish.

It will depend on how our administration handles the coaching search and hire. Te'o won't be leaving in the next four weeks (probably). Clausen and Tate do not have to declare for the draft for a while. I hope and pray Notre Dame takes its time and does this right. If they do, I believe there is a chance of holding on to at least two out of those three players, plus salvaging this recruiting class.

Guest SirJohn

Many are blaise to losing Jimmy, Golden, Mante Te'o all too soon before graduation.

While I agree no one player is above the team...look at it this year. With Floyd those three brought attention and excitement to Notre Dame. I can't remember when a TV camera was previously locked in so much on those players. Turf toe, a black eye, turning pro early became household words.

Looking at returnees there is no definite Mr excitement coming back, no knock on any one player. recruits horns are blown but get real there is only one freshmen Mante Te'o that rose above that group all this year. He's rare and I can't see anyone replacing him for excitement.

Just a group of wannabe stars seems left if they go. This is a difficult admission. There is opportunity but......

Charlie made a mess??? How the heck do you put that on Charlie. Charlie is a good guy, it shouldn't surprise anyone that his players liked him. Whatever happens happens, but it's not Charlie's fault, geez.

High Five Iam. I agree 123%. Charlie recruited some great players. Decommits and transfers and mission trips are going to be high this year. Charlie didn't create this unless you call creating a family atmosphere his fault, then he is to blame.

It will depend on how our administration handles the coaching search and hire. Te'o won't be leaving in the next four weeks (probably). Clausen and Tate do not have to declare for the draft for a while. I hope and pray Notre Dame takes its time and does this right. If they do, I believe there is a chance of holding on to at least two out of those three players, plus salvaging this recruiting class.

Agreed... I think the important steps have already occurred... how Swarbrick handled the release of Charlie... and not known, how the players feel about how the release was handled.

Locker-room leadership would really really help. If someone like Dayne would stand-up and say it's not all about Coach, it's about ND and maintaining all our expectations, that would go a long way.

Personal affection for Weis by the players needs to be decoupled from ND. It would also help if we knew the student body was supportive of the team and sorrowful that Weis did not meet his goals.... if the student body has been brutally cruel to Weis and family, that would make it hard for a lot of people on the team to embrace ND as family.

Appointment of Ianello seems to be a good move for the interim.

unfortunately i predicted this -- in my gloom and doom scenario about recruits-- transfers-- 5th years-- and early departures---- according to the local sports news--- Mant'i Teo's DAD-- in an obvious state of disappointment-- they were very close to weis---has told the local sports that on the heels of the firing ,manti is considering LEAVING SCHOOL & STARTING A TWO YEAR MISSION!---- doubtful IF he does that under these circumstances that we ever see teo again in blue and gold--- charlie really made a mess--------clausen-- teo -- tate-- if we dont get a recruiter in here soon-- whoever the coach is will be playing with 72 scholorship players next spring--------what a week--- i was prepared for this though-- i would recommend we all steely ourselves for lots more bad news on recruits and transfers before we here much positive---- damn--------------aloha's all

Why do you think he wouldn't return in 2 years and play again?

Guest ajlukasz
Wow is that ignorant. Perhaps his faith is more important than football to him.

Good for him and I think you need to read my post again because you don't get it.

if your going to call whats going on at ND right now a mess and want to lay fault, whos fault would it be if it wasnt Weis?

if Teo came to ND largely just for Weis, then he came for the wrong reason. im sure he had to know this was an option, especially coming off all of the talk after last season.

if he developed a close family type relationship with Weis, why couldnt he expect to do the same with the new coaching staff? if hes going to leave because Weis is gone, then hes not going to end up very well in life after college such as the NFL which is more of a dirty business than college. if hes sad/upset to see Weis go, whats he going to expect in the NFL? the NFL is quicker to make changes than in college.

i would hate to see Teo go, so i really hope he stays. he could be a great defensive player that helps ND get back on top again.

Are we already blaming Charlie for people leaving...that's sad.

Seriously, let's wait until the new coach comes in and see the shakeout after that and than we can take an evaluation of who is to blame and who is leaving...as of now, the only thing we have is that one of our players MAY take a leave for two years, which we knew in advance of him signing...he has not announced that he is transferring, and likely will wait on both of those decisions until the new coach is brought in...