Hawaii local news Te'o

unfortunately i predicted this -- in my gloom and doom scenario about recruits-- transfers-- 5th years-- and early departures---- according to the local sports news--- Mant'i Teo's DAD-- in an obvious state of disappointment-- they were very close to weis---has told the local sports that on the heels of the firing ,manti is considering LEAVING SCHOOL & STARTING A TWO YEAR MISSION!---- doubtful IF he does that under these circumstances that we ever see teo again in blue and gold--- charlie really made a mess--------clausen-- teo -- tate-- if we dont get a recruiter in here soon-- whoever the coach is will be playing with 72 scholorship players next spring--------what a week--- i was prepared for this though-- i would recommend we all steely ourselves for lots more bad news on recruits and transfers before we here much positive---- damn--------------aloha's all

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately i predicted this -- in my gloom and doom scenario about recruits-- transfers-- 5th years-- and early departures---- according to the local sports news--- Mant'i Teo's DAD-- in an obvious state of disappointment-- they were very close to weis---has told the local sports that on the heels of the firing ,manti is considering LEAVING SCHOOL & STARTING A TWO YEAR MISSION!--- doubtful IF he does that under these circumstances that we ever see teo again in blue and gold--- charlie really made a mess-------

Weis brining Teo in the first place was a testament to him. Losing Manti to a mission was a possibility either way. The beat goes on bro, take it easy.

From what we know out here-- manti came to south bend because of weis-- and becuse of the extraordinary effort HE and HIS staff made with him---he like most kids out here is very very family oriented-- weis had become family--- this was a huge blow to them all--- manti was unsure about his mission-- 1 year or two-- now or later-- he had planned to pray on it after the season--- in his mind, and his familys ,god just gave them a big message on what to do-- i would put the odds of manti here in 2010 no better then 1 in 3 right now-- maybe 1 in four--- we just have to take it , this is part of the collateral damage when a coach goes---there will be more-- COUNT ON IT--- charlie had to go yes-- but the offset to all this damage is that we are suppose to get a great coach--- god help us if they fail at that one---- aloha's

It would be a damn shame to see a kid leave because of a terrible head coach! However, If the head coach is all you came to ND for then in my opinion. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you! This is not directed towards Teo or any individual directly but for any player on the team! I will say this! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Manti don't leave! We all love you, and need you! LOL

Teo could be our greatest defensive player in more then a decade but no one player is greater then the program as a whole. Hopefully this doesnt happen but we could not keep charlie in order to keep teo or jimmy or chris martin, the program as a whole is still better off.

When a player commits to a program understanding the college football landscape in the 21st century he should know that it is a real possibility he may outlast the coach currently at the school. Which is all the more reason a coach should be A reason he commits to that school but not THE reason.

I hope Teo sticks around I loved watching him swarm to the ball and would love to watch him for 3 more years, but not at the expense of keeping weis at the helm.

If he does leave, unless ND gets their defense together, I think it's possible to see him not coming back after those 2 years are up. I'm not saying he's not committed to ND in any way, I'm saying he knows he can't put the whole defense on his back.

unfortunately i predicted this -- in my gloom and doom scenario about recruits-- transfers-- 5th years-- and early departures---- according to the local sports news--- Mant'i Teo's DAD-- in an obvious state of disappointment-- they were very close to weis---has told the local sports that on the heels of the firing ,manti is considering LEAVING SCHOOL & STARTING A TWO YEAR MISSION!---- doubtful IF he does that under these circumstances that we ever see teo again in blue and gold--- charlie really made a mess--------clausen-- teo -- tate-- if we dont get a recruiter in here soon-- whoever the coach is will be playing with 72 scholorship players next spring--------what a week--- i was prepared for this though-- i would recommend we all steely ourselves for lots more bad news on recruits and transfers before we here much positive---- damn--------------aloha's all

Charlie made a mess??? How the heck do you put that on Charlie. Charlie is a good guy, it shouldn't surprise anyone that his players liked him. Whatever happens happens, but it's not Charlie's fault, geez.

Manti was going to take a mission at some point or another so chill out people.

If we hire the right person, then Manti will have his friend Roby telling him how great the new coach is. The question of will Manti return or not will work itself out.

Good post, wasn't he kinda planning on taking a mission..... the decision is a few years away.... hawaii you ok? :flame::flame:

spartacus when i said charlie made a mess-- i mean it like this---- he had a QB capable of being the best --he had the best WR's ever at ND-- he has an all world TIGHT END-- an experienced oline-- the no 1 defensive recruit-- a well respected d -coordinator-- what looked like a great secondary--- he had all that--- and screwed it up--- he wins 6 games--- damn it would be hard to find a coach in the USA that in this exact position could have done worse--- charlie could have gone 10-2 or even 9-3 at least--- saved his job-- been on his way to a big bowl--- getting commits from prater-- cooper-- hendersen-- barr and turning this into a # 7 recruiting class and we are on the way---------BUT HE JUST COUDN'T MANAGE IT--- now we are here-- searching for a new coach--- loosing a top class-- looking at transfers---- a huge part of the talent he brought in will evaporate with charlie--- in other words-- CHARLIE MADE A MESS OF THINGS THIS YEAR__ JUST A BIG MESS--------maybe we get stoops-- save the class-- quick turn around-- 10 wins next year etc--- but today i just dont feel like holding my breath sorry---- aloha's go irish!!!

It would be a damn shame to see a kid leave because of a terrible head coach! However, If the head coach is all you came to ND for then in my opinion. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you! This is not directed towards Teo or any individual directly but for any player on the team! I will say this! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Manti don't leave! We all love you, and need you! LOL

well said....IF he came to play for Weis and ND is just another school to him, he should leave.

________

MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Edited by Tenacious_ND

I don't want this to turn into a Weis backers vs. others debate, but if this is the case, I believe it is a testament to how influential Weis was on his players. I will leave it at that.

I don't want this to turn into a Weis backers vs. others debate, but if this is the case, I believe it is a testament to how influential Weis was on his players. I will leave it at that.

Nobody ever said Weis wasn't a good man. I would like to throw back a pint or two with Charlie and pick his brain, but that doesn't make him a good fit as a head coach.

He didn't personally recruit the athletes on this team. He may have been influential with Manti, but Manti is not leaving because he no longer is here. His mission was to be taken after two, possibly one year. Here it is.

It would be a shame to see a kid just on the cusp of getting it, take a two year hiatus when a real coaching staff will come in and make him what we think he could/will be.