Stoops talks and it doesn't sound good for us

From Rivals. The last sentence sucks.

Bob Stoops had a small teleconference on Monday afternoon. Here's what he said when asked about leaving Oklahoma.

"I intend to be at Oklahoma," Stoops said. "That's the only thing I'm looking to do. I will never confirm or deny whether I talk or not talk to anybody and I won't interview for any jobs. I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ajlukasz
That sounds like, "I talked to them, I didn't like what I heard, I am not going there."

Typical ND. FUC*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this "sources" shit because these fuc*s don't know sh**!!!!!!!

Stoops (much like Meyer) is a pipe dream. He is obviously a great coach, and one many people would like to see at ND......but him coming to ND to rebuild a team is not as appealing as us fans might think (especially when compared to coaching in Oklahoma).

Our "real" list should have 2 names on it.....Patterson and Kelly. Sure, ND should give Urban and Bob a call and see if they entertain the idea.....but Swarbrick need to get Kelly and Patterson on the phone.

"I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year," is possibly code for 'leave me alone' at this time.

He is after all attending a delicate family matter, yes? The pressure is on. There is alot on ones plate when considering a coaching change.

I am not doubting what was said, just the circumstances. I've been wrong before.

free scout article

http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/924725.html

rumors flying on another message board that they did offer and wasnt accepted. Wonder if the admin botched it or if there was never a real chance?

O well so the pipe dreams of meyer and stoops appear to have been shot down and the rumors and inside sources appear to have been nothing but BS.

Still hoping for kelly and patterson you guys are right though here we go again.

Edited by goirish83

This is what I said all along when I was defending CW. If you fire CW, you need to make sure the next guy is in place so we don't get turned down by everyone on our list like last time. Hopefully the deal with Kelly is done.

I would hope to goodness that Swarbrick would have had it done... but not so good so far.