New Rumor from Irish Roundtable

Evansville Irish

For what it is worth, here is a report from the Irish Roundtable.

Rumor of the Day III: More on Stoops

November 29th, 2009 by ***

The fact that no rumors are floating around about other candidates tells me all I need to know. Third big rumor of the day. Third one involving Stoops:

One of Bob Stoops’s nephews, who I went to college with and one of my closest friends – CONFIRMS that Stoops has been offered the Head Job at Notre Dame and that Jack Swarbrick said he would be the highest paid coach in college football.

He (Stoops) will be in Youngstown this week because his grandmother (Mary Rochford -104 years old!) died. They will talk it over as a family there, but they are all big time Catholic/ND fans(with the whole Mooney connection).

I’ve been told that Weis will officially be dismissed Monday and Stoops, should he accept (my buddy says it’s 95% that he will) will be introduced as soon as Tuesday or possibly Wednesday.

I have it on good authority that Notre Dame and Swarbrick would not be shy with the purse strings to get the best coach for the job. So I strongly believe that if it is Stoops, he will be the highest paid coach in college.

Once again, where there is smoke, I sure as hell hope there is fire.

Evansville Irish

I found this particularly interesting:

“I talked to Brian Kelly on the field, and he said something will be decided in the next seven to 10 days,” said Griese, regarding Kelly’s coaching future.

That “something” is speculated to be the Notre Dame job. Again, from the outside looking in, it seems the Irish want to take Stoops to the prom, but just in case he’s busy (“I’m washing my hair for the next 10 years, so don’t call”), Kelly would appear to be the girl-next-door option who would not be insulted to be the next choice.

I saw this one as well and I've seen the actual obituary online. It doesn't mention Bob Stoops, just 14 grandchildren. If you go to the funeral home site that's listed, there is no entry for Mary Rochford. Possibly pulled to maintain some privacy?

http://www4.vindy.com/content/records/tributes/index.php

Regardless of how solid some of these rumors seem or how well some of the pieces fit, I think it's best to keep a level head. Swarbrick isn't Wadsworth or White but right now we still don't know who he really is.

We do know that Jenkins pulled the trigger on Ty, which wasn't a popular decision to many people. I'd like to think it was the action of someone committed to the program and not afraid to make a tough decision in the interest of progress. Hopefully it was and he and Swarbrick are of the same mindset with the same goals in mind.

i think coaster has the timing about right-- and it seems to fit together well with what we know-- kelly says-- it will be resolved in 7 to 10 days---- the good post by rmoleck says we will hear in 4 or 5 days about stoops---- so 2 + 2 and all that----the first attempt will be stoops-- its not the kind of thing where you spend a couple weeks mulling it over--lol--- he either makes the deal-- what im sure will be everything he wants or he passes--- should take a few days-- if no stoops-- then negotiations with kelly begin-- should take 7 to ten days for all that------ hopefully stoops just signs on the dotted line tuesday and thursday we have a new coach--- hope hope aloha's

INSIDE SCOOP!!!!!

I was talking to my banker this morning about the Notre Dame job and he said, "CHIRO", you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

INSIDE SCOOP!!!!!

I was talking to my banker this morning about the Notre Dame job and he said, "CHIRO", you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Fat guy in a little Coat!

INSIDE SCOOP!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Who is your favorite little rascal.....Alphalfa or SPANKIE?!?!??!

INSIDE SCOOP!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha......................................................

________

VOLCANO VAPORIZERS FOR SALE

Edited by Tenacious_ND