Clausen is gone.

Citing sources, ESPN's Joe Schad reports that Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen will enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

Clausen's mind is probably already made up as the Irish head to Stanford for their regular season finale. Schad says Clausen's NFL stock is on the rise thanks to his quick release, pinpoint accuracy (67.3% completions), and improved footwork as a third-year junior. Charlie Weis hasn't proven to be the answer at Notre Dame, but his pro-style system also helps Clausen's case. Nov. 26 - 10:59 am et

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest rocketsan22
Citing sources, ESPN's Joe Schad reports that Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen will enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

Clausen's mind is probably already made up as the Irish head to Stanford for their regular season finale. Schad says Clausen's NFL stock is on the rise thanks to his quick release, pinpoint accuracy (67.3% completions), and improved footwork as a third-year junior. Charlie Weis hasn't proven to be the answer at Notre Dame, but his pro-style system also helps Clausen's case. Nov. 26 - 10:59 am et

Title: Clausen is Gone

I don't know it for a fact, but I could see the team dynamic changing for the better when Jimmy leaves.

I don't know that I would say it's potentially better or worse when he goes. The seniors that are leaving will, as a whole, have a bigger impact than just Jimmy leaving. Every season is a new team, especially when about 25% of the team is being replaced by incoming freshmen.

EDIT:

There is one current senior that a good friend of mine had a run in with a year or two ago (I will not name that player) in a retail establishment. Said player was getting new tires for his vehicle. There were several cars in front of his and he pulled the "don't you know who I am" bit and got very nasty when he was told he had to wait. Every team takes shape around it's coach and seniors. I only hope that sense of entitlement leaves with this years seniors.

Edited by Gonkers

I don't know that I would say it's potentially better or worse when he goes. The seniors that are leaving will, as a whole, have a bigger impact than just Jimmy leaving. Every season is a new team, especially when about 25% of the team is being replaced by incoming freshmen.

EDIT:

There is one current senior that a good friend of mine had a run in with a year or two ago (I will not name that player) in a retail establishment. Said player was getting new tires for his vehicle. There were several cars in front of his and he pulled the "don't you know who I am" bit and got very nasty when he was told he had to wait. Every team takes shape around it's coach and seniors. I only hope that sense of entitlement leaves with this years seniors.

At ND, the seniors leaving has been a nice thing the last couple of years. It seems that the longer the kids were with Weis, the worse they got. The younger guys haven't been affected as much.

And, in no way is this team better with Clausen leaving. The dynamic of this team will change, but we need some seniors and upperclassmen that have a little cockiness. Use to be playing ball at ND meant something, and you could wear it like a badge. Not like a virus.

I don't know it for a fact, but I could see the team dynamic changing for the better when Jimmy leaves.

I'd feel a little better if Dayne was healthy. Without Dayne being healthy, our starting QB could be a freshman.

But to support your arguement a little ... I watched Texas and Colt McCoy burn the defense with a 65 yard run. Jimmy trips over his own feet. Crist can do what McCoy did.

If I look at the QB over the last few years the college defenses have trouble with it is guys like Tebow, McCoy, Chase Daniels, Vince Young, Pat White ... Again I think Dayne can do that and still be a better passer than those guys too. The main question is his health.

What I said wasn't really a comment on Clausen as a player. The kid is a great college quarterback and of course ND's offense will likely change drastically once he goes.

I just think it will be interesting to see if the "team" element changes for the better. By that I mean I could see the huge "personalities" of Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate taking precedence over team goals.

Guest rocketsan22

Like catching your wife in bed with your best friend...not something you forget. The intro at the CFB HOF is something that probably would always linger with his teammates. But I still think he's a good kid, it was great to see him cheering on Crist.