2007 recruiting

Guest Champion10

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest domehead

can you imagine what this class is gonna look like combined with next years recruits...sniff sniff sniff....I smell national championship..anybody else?

Guest Snatchy_McPants

The sad part is, even a modest effort would have fielded a decent class. If you don't have the will power to resist GOLF, you have no business being a FOOTBALL COACH. Charlie has fully immersed himself in recruiting, and I guarantee his efforts now will pave the way for easier times in the future. Do the work, get the recruits, win the games, it's an easier sell.

Guest Champion10

Chris Rainey looks really explosive when he hits the line, but I have heard his favorite is Florida so I dont know if we can get him.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Noel Devine is incredible. I saw some videos of him LAST YEAR and was blown away. I expect a huge dogfight over him with all the big players involved. The word on the streets from last year was that he is a big ND fan and wears a lot of ND gear. That information could be a bunch of BS, and I think the kid was still a freshman, so who knows. I do know that he has a decent last name to be Irish though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Champion10

I was just watching ESPN...arg anyway they said that maybe both USC michigan and Michigan state may have committed a recruiting violation regarding Jimmy Clauson.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest WeisGuy05

I just finished watching the Noel Devine highlight reel and I was just wondering how can you truly judge how great a HS RB is when he does not get touched anywhere near the line of scrimmage? Yes he is fast as crap and nice balance, which you cannot coach, but he does not get touched at or before the LOS. Call me a homer, but I want to see a RB who does more with less. Reference to Adrian Peterson's run two weeks ago against Tulsa when he broke three legitimate tackles to score a TD....that was impressive as hell.

Guest WeisGuy05

Stephans video was a little better. Come on, how many 40-70 yard runs can one person see where the RB goes untouched, that proves little to me. I like the short yardage video a little better. I like to see a RB drop a freaking shoulder into some wanna be safety and drop'em and run over him on the RB's way to the endzone. I have seen one run by James Aldridge and quite frankly that was the only one I needed to see. It is on a counter play. Aldridge fakes right comes back to his left hits the hole, jumps over a lineman who pancaked his man, and when Aldridge lands from the jump, he takes two to three explosive leg drives and emplodes on an incoming safety and then he gets taken down by three guys. :twisted: I cannot wait to see him next year!!!

:D Sounds good Weisguy. I like that. Yep! Rather see some bumps, jumps, zigs then a straight ahead path to a TD in High Scholl. Get few of those in College and later on.

Guest Snatchy_McPants

Weisguy, you make a good point about Devine not getting hit before the LOS. You have to admit though, that speed is pretty amazing. I'm curious, does anyone know how good hos OL is? I don't want to fault him for having a really good line. I'd still like to see us pursue Devine, and also bring in a contact-type of back to compliment him, kinda like Aldridge and Prince next year.

I haven't had a chance to see Stephans. Anybody have a link to his video?