Three things I can't believe...

Guest rocketsan22

Guest rocketsan22

1) that people think Charlie will be back as head coach next year

2) that there is any chance Jimmy Clausen comes back (even though I think he really REALLY needs another year to develop)

3) that there is any chance Golden Tate comes back (he has proven he's ready for prime time)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeout Rocket....I'm sure some newb will show up with insider info on this board and tell you that Urban Meyer will be coaching us in the bowl game, that Jimmy Clausen is dating urban's daugher and will pass up on the guaranteed money to live off Urb's contract, and that Golden Tate really wants to get an A in that Calc 402 course to prove everyone back in TN that he is one hell of a student.

That's right...I'm calling all you newb's out with the BS info. Keep your mouths shut or stay off our board b/c you all look like complete trash right now. Can you tell I'm pissed!?!

I am making it my special project tomorrow, after I work out, to go out and hunt my "sources" down and grill them until I am satisfied that i have something to post. Specifically, I am heding back to talk to the former ND SI director to see if his UM is a done deal is really done.

Guest SirJohn

Funny stuff El Hobre but let's not single out newbies, love em, there's plenty of old timers here starting and adding to rumors. hell at my age I'll date Burbons daughter all I need is an extend zee, muahahahahahahah Gad a dirty joke fro SJ? W@hich Mod will *****me?:grin:

First, what's the YTown? Is that a city? Second, CW and Clausen are gone; but I have to question Tate. He's no Michael Crabtree. He's good, don't get me wrong; but I don't think one more year would hurt him. Maybe the next QB won't have a lovefest with Floyd and actually toss Tate the ball when both of them are in.

Guest rocketsan22
First, what's the YTown? Is that a city? Second, CW and Clausen are gone; but I have to question Tate. He's no Michael Crabtree. He's good, don't get me wrong; but I don't think one more year would hurt him. Maybe the next QB won't have a lovefest with Floyd and actually toss Tate the ball when both of them are in.

That's all backwards. Clausen could use another year, Tate is as ready as he's going to be...

Si, YTown = Youngstown, Ohio. Home of Kyle McCarthy and the middleweight champ of the world, Kelly Pavlik.

OMG YOU WOULDN'T believe what I just heard! I just came from the ND bookstore and..

Urban Meyer will be coaching us in the bowl game, that Jimmy Clausen is dating urban's daugher and will pass up on the guaranteed money to live off Urb's contract, and that Golden Tate really wants to get an A in that Calc 402 course to prove everyone back in TN that he is one hell of a student.!

Rocket, I can only agree that anyone who thinks CW will be back next year is probably delusional. BUT, there is a legitimate reason JC has fallen deeper and deeper away from the Heisman hype abyss - he still needs to hone his skills. Granted, his decision-making is better, but after years 1 and 2, that isn't saying much. Our red zone woes are not just a function of poor play calling (although there have been some damn stupid ones over the course of this season) but also some poor reads and lack of awareness when the field shortens on the part of JC. AND, if he could scramble OR audible when certain plays are obviously not going anywhere . . . just some observations. He's a very good QB, don't get me wrong, but I still see a work in progress and he could benefit from another year working on those skills. Golden very well may be a ready for prime time player but that one hangs in the balance of many factors, but I'd put money on Golden leaving regardless of who coaches or if JC is back . . .