Does anyone really think Urban would come?

The more I think about it I just don't think he would come. Yes I understand that he could possibly win his third national title this year, and Tebow is gone after next year, and he could be a legend if he turned Notre Dame football around, but i fell that he could also be a legend by winning 4+ national titles at Florida. They are officially a team that says they can just reload. They have had top 5 recruting since hes been there, and their current class is loaded again. There is always a chance that anything can happen and as much as I'd want Urban to come here, I just don't see why he would come with all that possible success and championships pretty much guaranteed at Florida.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not going to believe it until i see it, im sorry but we've gone down the meyer path before and were disappointed in the outcome. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. if it happens ill be ecstatic but until then im sorry i just cant believe it.

On top of that it just doesnt happen, someone as successful as he has been at Florida just doesnt switch programs like that. I dont remember it happening in the history of college football.

Wasn't he an assitant here for 4 years?

He did say its his dream job.

Florida can't go anywhere but down now (3 titles likely in 4 years)...ND can't go anywhere but up and the cupboard is not bare...there is talent here...and he can definitely salvage this class and get some of the uncommitted like Linder, Nix, Henderson, Prater etc to really consider jumping aboard.

Of course, he would need to live up to the ND standards...the criminal thug element would not be allowed..

Maybe its wishful thinking...but hey, its now or never for him I think.

i think he would come.

he has said he dream job is Notre Dame.

even if Florida doesnt win it all this season, hes allready accomplished so much with them ..maybe hes not as motivated there anymore?

maybe im wrong on how the timeline worked last time with Meyer. ND was interested in Meyer but still had Willingham as coach. Meyer was with Utah and was speculated other schools were going to be interested in him. didnt he allready have an unofficial deal in place with Florida before ND even let go of Willingham and showed interest in him?

Here's our biggest obstacle. No real secret, but Shelly Meyer reinterated her dislike of moving up north. It's a long article; here's her pertinent comment during an interview for "Gator Galz.":

GG: Favorite away game?

SM: "Vandy and/or Kentucky. Hard to choose between those two, and the reason is because their fans are so nice and welcoming. I've gone to both of those games and had fans come up and thank us for coming. And it's not because they know who I am. I just happen to be a Gator fan and they say "thank you for coming" and "we're so happy to have you here." That's happened at both places. The other reason is sometimes when we go up there it's during the fall and I get a taste of fall flavor with the leaves changing colors and I love to see that. I don't want to move back up north, but I love to get to see that every other year or so."

Yeah, I know. Money talks, but it's not like she's hurting for cash now. She's going to be the tough sell, no question.

Edited by NicePost

Here's our biggest obstacle. No real secret, but Shelly Meyer reinterated her dislike of moving up north. It's a long article; here's her pertinent comment during an interview for for "Gator Galz.":

GG: Favorite away game?

SM: "Vandy and/or Kentucky. Hard to choose between those two, and the reason is because their fans are so nice and welcoming. I've gone to both of those games and had fans come up and thank us for coming. And it's not because they know who I am. I just happen to be a Gator fan and they say "thank you for coming" and "we're so happy to have you here." That's happened at both places. The other reason is sometimes when we go up there it's during the fall and I get a taste of fall flavor with the leaves changing colors and I love to see that. I don't want to move back up north, but I love to get to see that every other year or so."

Yeah, I know. Money talks, but it's not like she's hurting for cash now. She's going to be the tough sell, no question.

If it's really his dream job...you would hope that his wife could be supportive and make a sacrifice...oh wait...she's a wife...

According to one of the Board of Trustees and a source inside the Athletic Department has both confirmed that both Swarbrick and Jenkins have put a package together to lure Urban Meyer back to South Bend. Here are the main details that are on the table as of yesterday:

1.) A 10-year $50,000,000 base salary, which doesn't include endoresment and university incentivies.

2.) 3 "special" projects a year, which may include JUCO transfers.

3.) A contract with Nike (football only)

4.) Additional incentives:

(a) $550,000 for Top 10 Finish

(b) $750,000 for BCS Bowl appearence

© $1.2 million for BCS National Championship

(d) $400,000 for 90% or better graduation rate

The carpet is ready to roll out for Meyer for the taking, whether Swarbrick and Jenkins can get it done, will be the trick. If not, Brian Kelly, seems to be the next logical choice.

umm.. yes.. if something like that is really on the table.. then yes i'd say its a possibility..

I heard the terms were a little different, but ultimately the same concept. And, Brian Kelly is not the next logical choice unless we want to live in the same world as Michigan and Michigan State, right now. Stoops is the next logical choice, because he has a history of success AND he is willing to take less than Meyer.

I heard the terms were a little different, but ultimately the same concept. And, Brian Kelly is not the next logical choice unless we want to live in the same world as Michigan and Michigan State, right now. Stoops is the next logical choice, because he has a history of success AND he is willing to take less than Meyer.

I edited out the beginning of that where it said that Meyer was first and Stoops was 2nd choice.. so he was saying that after Meyer and Stoops, Kelly was the next logical choice.. I'd be happy with either one of those three guys because I think they can all get the job done in South Bend..

I have tried to convince myself he would come, but the more and more I think about it I think I am living in a fantasy( same as Stoops thoughts). I am chosing to probley look at people who may came, Kelly,patterson, Davis, Peterson. None of those arre the one's I want right off the top, but we could do worse. This will be a long,long two weeks.:-?

I have tried to convince myself he would come, but the more and more I think about it I think I am living in a fantasy( same as Stoops thoughts). I am chosing to probley look at people who may came, Kelly,patterson, Davis, Peterson. None of those arre the one's I want right off the top, but we could do worse. This will be a long,long two weeks.:-?

f*** davis.

Edited by cjdomer04
obvious reasons