I want to post an update about Kelly

Guest Anewera

Guest Anewera

It seems that a great deal of inside sources have been misled about his current situation.It was thought that he was completely out of the running last night and after a few calls,he in fact is not.

There were multiple sources spreading falsehoods about Kelly and because of that,Notre Dame was backing away.Now,it seems that after some communication,things have been sorted out and he remains a viable canidate.Below is an example of one of the people who were perpetuating these rumors.His name is Allen Wallace.Although he is correct that many rumors on Kelly are now lacking in truth,I still have complete confidence that Weis has been let go already.Again,it seems there was a concentrated effort by many to discredit Kelly:

"I'm hearing that the information distributed about Brian Kelly concerning off-the-field concerns is totally false. I was purposefully vague about it in my Kyle Prater Recruiting Update, but still now find myself as part of the misinformation train. I am now told that Notre Dame is still interested in Brian Kelly.

That doesn't mean he's gonna get the job of course. But it does mean than a certain off-the-field situation which was maliciously generated by ill-meaning people and filtered its way to myself has no basis in fact.

I also now have much less confidence in any list of potential Notre Dame successors as that has been tainted in my mind by what I have recently been told about the Kelly misinformation.

This also causes me to retract my earlier position that a firing decision has been made and that Charlie Weis has been told. I would say now that no firing decision has been made and that Weis hasn't been told. "

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As been said before, it was not only his off the field concerns that Kelly was rumored to be off the top of the list. The other reason was because he wanted to coach a BCS game and Swarbrick didn't want to wait that long. Is Kelly still not on the top of the list because this still the case or was this also just an invalid rumor?

everyone just has to understand that there are 100 rumors flying around from guys who do have sources. most of it is guessing, some may have some basis, but a lot of it is false.

we appreciate all information, but lets not just post any lil' thing esp if it's been here before or is outdated.

anewera, i appreciate your info and the way you checked your sources and found out even more info. kudos. i wish other boards would do the same. ND sites are going nuts right now, and it's a shame. there's a game in 42 hrs and it's the last thing on anyone's mind. again, thanks for the info and keep posting.

everyone just has to understand that there are 100 rumors flying around from guys who do have sources. most of it is guessing, some may have some basis, but a lot of it is false.

we appreciate all information, but lets not just post any lil' thing esp if it's been here before or is outdated.

anewera, i appreciate your info and the way you checked your sources and found out even more info. kudos. i wish other boards would do the same. ND sites are going nuts right now, and it's a shame. there's a game in 42 hrs and it's the last thing on anyone's mind. again, thanks for the info and keep posting.

I agree, it is a shame that the last home game of the season is in two days and no one is talking about it. I myself have been very caught up with the coaching situation as much as anyone, but it is too bad that no one is discussing the game.

I'm hearing that what was taking Kelly out more than the BCS situation,was in fact these rumors.Swarbrick as I've stated before would prefer to have someone within a week of the announcement of the firing however,I'm told this is not completely a deal breaker now especially since it has come to light that Kelly was smeared.

I'm pissed because there was such a concentrated effort to drag him through the mud with absolutely no truth being said and that it was so far reaching that at one point we were ready to no longer consider him because of them.

I will add since I know several people will once again pm me,this in my mind and MY OPINION,are the primary canidates to my knowledge:

Meyer

Stoops

Patterson

Kelly

thanks 4 the update.........

Let's face facts. The Internet is one big, worldwide rumor mill where anyone can say anything about someone anonymously. It's hard to decipher fact from fiction. Once someone gets smeared, it's up here forever. All you have to do is Google someone's name. It's a sad state of affairs, IMO.

My reply about the Internet was a general feeling about it. It was not directed at any one reply. Please don't think that.

This forum is excellent and its posters give out fact based information.

Brian Kelly is the one being hurt by all these things that are "OUT THERE" about him floating around in cyberspace now that he is being mentioned as the next ND coach. I feel sorry for him abd his family.

I do agree that having someone in place soon is paramount but seriously, who can hold a run for a national championship against UM? BK isn't going to the BCS Championship so that seems like more of a situation where the coach cuts bait and heads to the new school (Didn't RR do that to WV?) but I can't say I blame a guy for coaching through a National Championship game even if it were better that he didn't... What if the recruiting world (and it would seem, the general public) knew about the new coach but the coach still wanted to carry his team through bowl season? If we line up UM, I can't think of many recruits who are currently committed who would reopen their recruitment in light of that news even if UM is still coaching UF in January.

Todd

if Kelly was hired, I'd honestly be surprised if he coached Cincy in the bowl game. First, there's no way that Swarbrick waits til the bowl games are finished to choose a new coach. Second, being the HC of both schools has a lot of responsibilities. When Urban Meyer left Utah for Florida, im almost positive shortly after Whittingham was named HC, and he took a load off of Meyer with bowl preparations. Kelly left CMU for Cincy and actually coached Cincy in their bowl gm.

I'm hearing that what was taking Kelly out more than the BCS situation,was in fact these rumors.Swarbrick as I've stated before would prefer to have someone within a week of the announcement of the firing however,I'm told this is not completely a deal breaker now especially since it has come to light that Kelly was smeared.

I'm pissed because there was such a concentrated effort to drag him through the mud with absolutely no truth being said and that it was so far reaching that at one point we were ready to no longer consider him because of them.

I will add since I know several people will once again pm me,this in my mind and MY OPINION,are the primary canidates to my knowledge:

Meyer

Stoops

Patterson

Kelly

Okay, if it is true that the ND administration is getting bent out of shape because a highly regarded candidate wants to coach in his BCS bowl is just silly. I understand that if you go without a coach for a month that causes quite the stir in the media and could cause an exodus of recruits. If it's that big of an issue I would guess that would put Stoops right to the top of the list. I'm not sure how many BCS bowl coaches would abandon their team. What would that action say to the ND football players?

Its nothing against Kelly. I don't want Meyer either if he wants to coach all the way to the championship game.

Yah its tough for recruits to sit patiently for 3 or 4 weeks not knowing who their coach might be next year, i feel we would lose many of them if they cant name a successor within a week. Who knows though maybe not but either way all the more reason ill be rooting for the tide!

But if the gators do win in stoops i trust!

Its nothing against Kelly. I don't want Meyer either if he wants to coach all the way to the championship game.

getting the right coach is more important that making a couple recruits wait a couple more weeks and potential switch their commitments.

I think it's ridiculous that a coach having to coach his potentially undefeated team in either the NC game or another BCS bowl would be a reason for hesitation for any of you. Also, if he was willing to leave his current team in the middle of a potential NC run, i dont want his ass.

In order of importance:

Coach > every recruit in this class

think Weis has proven that

Yah its tough for recruits to sit patiently for 3 or 4 weeks not knowing who their coach might be next year, i feel we would lose many of them if they cant name a successor within a week. Who knows though maybe not but either way all the more reason ill be rooting for the tide!

But if the gators do win in stoops i trust!

So what I am gathering as the consensus is that if we have to wait for a coach to finish his season we are giving him a big middle finger? Meyer and Tebow are publicly very close, and genuinely care for each other. I'm sure its a very similar situation for most of the other kids on the team. Put yourselves in the place of Tebow. Would you, or would you not feel betrayed and abandoned when your coach left you on your own for a bigger paycheck? Is this really the message ND wants to send? Really??!!

Sorry guys I have to disagree with most of you. I think for a coach who has his team currently undefeated and in contention for a BCS Bowl to just abandon his kids is totally wrong. It may be in our best interests but it certainly would not be to their players.

Put the shoe on the other foot. We finish the season 11-1 or 12-0 and are going to a BCS game or THE BCS game and our coach for what ever reason decides he wants to change jobs. Are you going to tell me you wouldn't be pi$$ed as hell. You would all want to crucify him. As for Kelly just being in a "BCS" bowl how we would be loving it if that was ND. Any BCS Bowl would be huge. You don't think it is for Cincinatti.

As far as recruiting is concerned if it is Meyer we get even if he only had 3 weeks till signing day those guys would not have signed yet and I am sure he could persuade them to come to ND and begin something great. Stoops could also but not as easily. Kelly would have a bigger hurdle.