Stoops...

da coach

OK, so I have to ask the question here...Maybe I'm just a bit of a conspiracy theorist here, but do any of you REALLY think that Bob Stoops is gonna leave Norman?

In my opinion this looks like a coach who is looking to re-structure his contract to pay him on par with the top coaches...Currently he is receiving a 2.5m in salary with another 1-1.5 available through bonus and incentives... In my opinion he could be positioning himself for a raise to the 4-5m guaranteed money that CW, Carroll and Urban are receiving...

He would be leaving a program that he built up from the sleepy mid 90's level that he inherited and turned it into a national power that has the best facilities, admittance regulations and junior college recruiting ability...

It would seem that he has the situation he would want in Norman and the only draw would be in bumping his pay...

...unless he wants the challenge of making all of you guys happy ? :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so I have to ask the question here...Maybe I'm just a bit of a conspiracy theorist here, but do any of you REALLY think that Bob Stoops is gonna leave Norman?

In my opinion this looks like a coach who is looking to re-structure his contract to pay him on par with the top coaches...Currently he is receiving a 2.5m in salary with another 1-1.5 available through bonus and incentives... In my opinion he could be positioning himself for a raise to the 4-5m guaranteed money that CW, Carroll and Urban are receiving...

He would be leaving a program that he built up from the sleepy mid 90's level that he inherited and turned it into a national power that has the best facilities, admittance regulations and junior college recruiting ability...

It would seem that he has the situation he would want in Norman and the only draw would be in bumping his pay...

...unless he wants the challenge of making all of you guys happy ? :)

I think his interest is legitimate. He's taken a lot of heat there this year and he'd be embraced from the get-go in south bend. Plus if it's about money...well, yanno haha.

Guest irishrick

Looks like the seat is getting very warm for Charlie, i still hope he stays, but if a change has to be made stoops would be a good choice , i think that the AD HAS MADE A DECISION . but will wait for the season final . go Irish . 8-);)

It's tough to argue restructuring when he had a year like this one.

Yeah. This is the worst time to try restructuring, because they very well just might let you go and think they can replace you and bounce back up with a new energizing hire.

You do this type of stuff in the midst of a NC run. Not when the fans and possibly administration are wondering if you've possibly run your 11 year course at the school.

But yeah, it he's listening at all, you go and get him and don't let him say no.

Guest SirJohn

Whatever his ability Nd would never live down any of his losses it's to easy to say "stoops poops." ahahah I'm laughing there would end up being some ND fans called that.:peace::blah: Hey if Charlie is fat Stoopie is fair game.

Relax, our next coach won't be Stoops. Right now it just happens to be the easiest rumor to perpetuate. If there is actual substance to it, however, I hope you're all prepared to great win / loss records and abysmal bowl performances.

It would be a step up from what we got now. If Bradford doesn't go down this season, Stoops isn't even in the picture for ND.