Who is your guy?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your guy?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As crazy as this sounds, I would think very carefully about dumping Weis. There are no guarantees that guys like Patterson, Peterson, Whittingham, and Kelly are going to be up to the task of recruiting and coaching at a school like Notre Dame. I dont really see the logic behind getting a guy Gruden. While he has a Super Bowl ring and Head Coaching experience, Weis brought 3 rings to South Bend and his NFL success did not translate to college.

Stoops is a good coach, but he also holds the record for most consecutive BCS games lost. If one of the knocks on Weis is his inability to win BCS games and Championships, why would it make sense to replace him with a guy who also has trouble winning big games and Championships? If we are going to be realistic, Urban Meyer is probably a long shot, but if Florida wins another National Championship this year, what else will Meyer have left to accomplish there? Ferentz is an interesting choice because hes won alot of games this year at Iowa with a team thats not super talented, but has only coached in 1 career BCS game, in which USC slapped him in 2002 38-17.

1a. Meyer

1b. Stoops

1c. Myself (Time to get paid)

1c. hahaha, I laughed out loud at work and now people are looking at me, hahah

Seriously though, the school could have saved 2 million a year and paid me 500k to a million and I would have come up with the same results as Weis, haha

Not sure on coaching credentials, but definitely has Charlie beat for runnin' out of the tunnel effect.8-)

Would also solve the problem with team motivation, luring in the blue chip recruits, and it would give another reason for people to tune in to ND games.

I would not pick any of those people, except maybe Stoops. I am wanting Charlie Strong to get an interview. That guy is good and I mean really good. He is part of the reason why Florida could kick our ass right now and will forever. I think that if Notre Dame could get him on campus and offer him a lucritive deal, he may jump on board. I am sorry but I am not sold on any of the mid-major schools. Whittingham at Utah gets his recruiting classes off of JUCO's and that means no way he is coming to Notre Dame. Bran Kelly: Why the hell would he leave Cincinnati? He has it made there. Patterson at TCU: He is good, but I don't think that he would leave Fort Worth. Also, with the news that Gruden will probably not come (thank God), I feel that Notre Dame needs Charlie Strong, so I am sorry but I will not vote on the poll for the best man for the job is not included. I am sorry but this is true. Everybody in the country wants Charlie Strong, just like everybody coveted Dan Mullen. We need to get someone from the SEC, preferably Florida. There you go and I hope we don't go to the damn Hawaii Bowl again.

I would not pick any of those people, except maybe Stoops. I am wanting Charlie Strong to get an interview. That guy is good and I mean really good. He is part of the reason why Florida could kick our ass right now and will forever. I think that if Notre Dame could get him on campus and offer him a lucritive deal, he may jump on board. I am sorry but I am not sold on any of the mid-major schools. Whittingham at Utah gets his recruiting classes off of JUCO's and that means no way he is coming to Notre Dame. Bran Kelly: Why the hell would he leave Cincinnati? He has it made there. Patterson at TCU: He is good, but I don't think that he would leave Fort Worth. Also, with the news that Gruden will probably not come (thank God), I feel that Notre Dame needs Charlie Strong, so I am sorry but I will not vote on the poll for the best man for the job is not included. I am sorry but this is true. Everybody in the country wants Charlie Strong, just like everybody coveted Dan Mullen. We need to get someone from the SEC, preferably Florida. There you go and I hope we don't go to the damn Hawaii Bowl again.

Have you seen Cincinnati? Kelly is only there to build his resume for his next job.....period.