Ian Williams not starting vs Pittsburgh?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Weis could allready be losing the players and his fate could be allready being decided wheather he wins out or not.

maybe this is what is meant to happen. in my flash forward i was watching a dominating Notre Dame football team. i didnt get a good look at the head coach, but he was running up and down the sidelines.. and thats not something Weis could do in his shape.

Williams is listed as the starter on the depth chart for the game. Weis said today that Williams was practicing with the 1st team and would see plenty of playing time. One of the local reporters that saw the practice on Tuesday said Williams was locked in and looked good in the 1 on 1 drills.

Between Charlie's comments to the media and I'm guessing a closed door meeting with Williams, I hope Weis made his point and they've moved on.

Weis could allready be losing the players and his fate could be allready being decided wheather he wins out or not.

maybe this is what is meant to happen. in my flash forward i was watching a dominating Notre Dame football team. i didnt get a good look at the head coach, but he was running up and down the sidelines.. and thats not something Weis could do in his shape.

I call BS...everyone's Flash Forward went to the date April 29 of next year...there's no football playing at that time =P

I think if Ian is that good at stopping the run and this game is one that helps decide CW's fate, Ian will definitely play.

Again, as in many of my other posts, excuse my ignoracne, if he doesn't start, but comes in later, say a series or a few downs what does that cost him?

I've seen where a player didn't get the start, but from the second play from scrimmage, he's back on the field.

Guest rocketsan22
:mrgreen:I believe that one when i see it. I doubt Charlie would bench him for that. He didnt bench Golden last year after comments not in line with the program. I just dont see that happening! Maybe thats because it would really suck if it did happen.

Golden's comments weren't as directly dissenting as what Ian said, so the two situations don't really compare...

Guest rocketsan22
My sources tell me that you all are getting worked up over a rumor.

Weis has confrimed it as rumour also.

SBT: There had been reports that ND's seventh-leading tackler would suffer repercussions when it came to his playing time for breaking rank last Saturday. But Weis dismissed the notion.

"As a matter of fact today, he was running a lot with the (first-stringers),” Weis said. “I don't know exactly how it's playing out, but Ian will be playing plenty in the game.”

I've seen where a player didn't get the start, but from the second play from scrimmage, he's back on the field.

You must have been watching an SECOND game. ;)

Maybe less playing time for Ian would be good.

Give our other wide bodies some playing time at D tackle. This way we can get a step closer to moving Ethan back to an end.

It kills me watching a sack machine get buried inside the D line.

Weis has confrimed it as rumour also.

SBT: There had been reports that ND's seventh-leading tackler would suffer repercussions when it came to his playing time for breaking rank last Saturday. But Weis dismissed the notion.

"As a matter of fact today, he was running a lot with the (first-stringers),” Weis said. “I don't know exactly how it's playing out, but Ian will be playing plenty in the game.”

That didn't exactly sound like Ian was getting the start to me, just that he would be getting plenty of playing time.

What exactly is plenty though?

Lot of room for interpretation there.

Sounds like there's something to that supposed rumor.