Who was the last great ND product ??

da coach

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rocketsan22
I think CW's being judged by how his team performs in college...

Exactly, who gives a sh!t how they play on Sunday if they don't perform on Saturdays.

I should preface that by saying I really could give a rat's ass about NFL/CFL...whatever, I only really care about Notre Dame. hell, i'll only watch the Superbowl if a Domer has a shot at the gold.

So couldn't we say that between all of the coaches, even Lou... That player development hasn't been our strong suite as a program ?

I mean, I'm just trying to figure out how the criteria for evaluating Charlie is put together. And since player development has been one of the arguments thrown at his feet...

I think after this weekend, we can address the signature win and win over a top 10 team.

I must say that you have to be related to Charlie. I asked you before is this team better than the one in 2005? If yes please explain how and if no please explain how after 5 years and getting his own players in has he not improved the performance of the team?

What ??? He plays for the Bears ? Seriously ? You didn't know that ? I mean I get the tongue in cheek, considering he transferred before he played at ND...but cowboys?? jeesh

I was tyring to think quick on my seat and was thinking about Julius Jones for the Cowboys and Anthony Fasano. So, I stand corrected.............

Greg Olsen for Da Bears.

Exactly, who gives a sh!t how they play on Sunday if they don't perform on Saturdays.

I should preface that by saying I really could give a rat's ass about NFL/CFL...whatever, I only really care about Notre Dame. hell, i'll only watch the Superbowl if a Domer has a shot at the gold.

I'm with you, a domer has a chance at a ring or Da Bears are playing.

Speaking of domer's with a ring, what about Rocky Boiman?

Guest rocketsan22
I was tyring to think quick on my seat and was thinking about Julius Jones for the Cowboys and Anthony Fasano. So, I stand corrected.............

Greg Olsen for Da Bears.

I assumed you were maybe cutting Olsen a break by not associating him with Da Bears - those bums! And before any Bears fans get riled up (more than me), I've been a Bears fan for as long as I've been an ND fan - but those games against Cinci & Arizona have me scratching my head!:frusty:

I assumed you were maybe cutting Olsen a break by not associating him with Da Bears - those bums! And before any Bears fans get riled up (more than me), I've been a Bears fan for as long as I've been an ND fan - but those games against Cinci & Arizona have me scratching my head!:frusty:

I'm with you, those games have me befuddled almost as much as ND navy game.

For those of you who are shouting down the idea of the NFL being the measuring stick for how to measure player development...I'm confused, because CW would seemingly point to the development of the team that is currently on the field from the team that was on the field two years ago...

And no this isn't an argument to black out those two years of poor performance. However, I am looking at that as the only true measuring stick, since many of you will discredit the way the team played in his first two years as those being Willingham's players...

So if those were Willingham's players...and his players were brought in during the 07/08/09 campaign, I'm trying to see how we can deny a trend for the better for Charlie...

I know we are not at the point where any of us want to be... However, I'm also showing that this program has been at an elite level for long, long time... I am not sold beyond a reason of a doubt that any of the candidates that we will have available to us are a guaranteed turn around...

I am patient enough to allow this team to continue to climb the ladder...Rome was not built in a day...and while this has been longer than a day...this program likely resembles Atlantis more than it resembles Rome... tit for tat.

For those of you who are shouting down the idea of the NFL being the measuring stick for how to measure player development...I'm confused, because CW would seemingly point to the development of the team that is currently on the field from the team that was on the field two years ago...

And no this isn't an argument to black out those two years of poor performance. However, I am looking at that as the only true measuring stick, since many of you will discredit the way the team played in his first two years as those being Willingham's players...

So if those were Willingham's players...and his players were brought in during the 07/08/09 campaign, I'm trying to see how we can deny a trend for the better for Charlie...

I know we are not at the point where any of us want to be... However, I'm also showing that this program has been at an elite level for long, long time... I am not sold beyond a reason of a doubt that any of the candidates that we will have available to us are a guaranteed turn around...

I am patient enough to allow this team to continue to climb the ladder...Rome was not built in a day...and while this has been longer than a day...this program likely resembles Atlantis more than it resembles Rome... tit for tat.

Is this team better than the 2005 team? If so how and if not how could you want a coach that in 5 years has made no improvement. I am willing to take 2007 out of the bag - so lets compare the 2005 to 2009 team. I argue that 2005 is as good as it will get under Charlie - 2010 will be another 3 or 4 loss team (unless Jimmy comes back and if he does I still say we loose at least 2 or 3).

what does this have to do with players who succeed in the NFL?

maybe a measuring stick could be putting players into the NFL, but those players succeeding or not has nothing to do with their college coach.....

justin tuck.....can be argued to be the best DE in the game

What??

Julius Peppers, Dwight freeney, Richard Seymour, Patrick kerney, Mario Williams, and that isn't taking into consideration the de/olb hybrids like Harrison, dumervill, etc...

He's good, but top 10 isn't GREAT