My dream scenario...

coach, I like Charlie always have, and if they run the table I think he's back, and I think Jimmy would come back if he's the coach, but I do think if we lose another game he's done, and nothing Jimmy could say would change that. I really do believe that Charlie has rebuilt the program, but in this instant gratification world the win loss total is all that matters. Unfortunately, sometimes CHANGE ends up worst than where we are.

coach, I like Charlie always have, and if they run the table I think he's back, and I think Jimmy would come back if he's the coach, but I do think if we lose another game he's done, and nothing Jimmy could say would change that. I really do believe that Charlie has rebuilt the program, but in this instant gratification world the win loss total is all that matters. Unfortunately, sometimes CHANGE ends up worst than where we are.

Instant gratification? Weis has been given 5 years at the helm.

Simple reference to the pursuit of a NC, after all that is the only goal, lets be honest Weis could have gone 10-2 or 11-1 every year and without a NC people would consider him a failure.

No, people consider him a failure because he can't win the big games. Manhandled by OSU and LSU in the BCS bowls, 0-5 against USC, subpar record against teams with a winning record.

Plus, embarrassing losses to Syracuse (first loss to 8 loss team in school history) and back to back losses against Navy. Struggled this year against every single team except for Nevada and Washington St.

Unfortunately, sometimes CHANGE ends up worst than where we are.

how can you say that with Obama in office :) Sorry had to take a shot at the hope and change campaign... because I think we are doing the same thing in South Bend...However, it's not a fair comparison of GWB adn CW... CW isn't THAT bad... However he may have underperformed enough to sour the voting public enough that the next candidate in line looks like a god-send...and then we will find out a year or two into it, that the great hope is just great hype.

how can you say that with Obama in office :) Sorry had to take a shot at the hope and change campaign... because I think we are doing the same thing in South Bend...However, it's not a fair comparison of GWB adn CW... CW isn't THAT bad... However he may have underperformed enough to sour the voting public enough that the next candidate in line looks like a god-send...and then we will find out a year or two into it, that the great hope is just great hype.

I wanted to, and thats what I was referencing but didn't want to start that debate on this thread. It took Mack Brown 8 years in talent rich state of Texas to win his NC.

The Navy loss has likely made Pitt game the most pivotal game in the Weis era - for Charlie and the program. Funny thing is that many of the fans on this board have packed it in for the year? This is weird!

I am especially excited to watch the game – considering all that is riding on it!

I wanted to, and thats what I was referencing but didn't want to start that debate on this thread. It took Mack Brown 8 years in talent rich state of Texas to win his NC.

Let's not use a lowly tradition poor program like Texas to compare ourselves too... I mean that doesn't make any sense at all...

Let's be honest...how many great head coaches are out there in college football... five/six ?

Carroll, Meyer, Brown, Stoops, Tressel, Saban and ???

The second tier guys like Miles (LSU), Beamer (Va Tech), Leach (Tex Tech) and

The third tier guysl like Wittingham (Utah), Kelly (cincy), Kelly (oregon), Schiano (rutgers) Patterson (tcu), Ferentz (iowa) or Peterson (boise)...and I would tend to think this is the group Charlie Weis would fit in.

Let's not use a lowly tradition poor program like Texas to compare ourselves too... I mean that doesn't make any sense at all...

Let's be honest...how many great head coaches are out there in college football... five/six ?

Carroll, Meyer, Brown, Stoops, Tressel, Saban and ???

The second tier guys like Miles (LSU), Beamer (Va Tech), Leach (Tex Tech) and

The third tier guysl like Wittingham (Utah), Kelly (cincy), Kelly (oregon), Schiano (rutgers) Patterson (tcu), Ferentz (iowa) or Peterson (boise)...and I would tend to think this is the group Charlie Weis would fit in.

All the "great head coaches" started off as third tier guys.

Tressel was at Youngstown State before OSU.

Carroll was a failure in the NFL.

Meyer was at lowly Utah, and if you put Whittingham in third tier, then he belonged there as well -- their career paths are almost identical.

Brown was at UNC, and wasn't so great there.

Stoops? Florida's offensive coordinator.

Saban was hired by LSU from Michigan State. Not exactly a top flight program.

All the big names started off as little names. You can't just take away other programs big names anymore -- you have to find your guy and watch him blossom.

I think Kelly and Whittingham can both do that.