Two games to bet your life on?

It all comes down to one thing: We don't have the horses on D. Tenuta sends the LB's and they don't get there, leaving our corners on an island. Our corners play off because they can't close the gap and not get beat. (have you seen #2 cover anyone?). Our DL do not need to be doubled, leaving our backers, who are blitzing, easy targets.

It's like the circle of life. Keeps coming down to one thing. We don't have the horses. Kyle is going to lead the team in tackles again and he couldn't start on most other teams.

I asked this before. Are the coaches not coaching, or are the players not capable of doing what needs to be done?

This team will beat the teams they are supposed to beat, lose to the teams they are suppose to lose to and 50/50 on the ones we think are a toss up.

From the remaining schedule, give me two teams that you would bet a large chunk of jack on that ND will win. I don't have any.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UConn lost to a pretty good UNC team by a late safety. Isn't it funny we don't mention the usual Navy, Stanford, UDub,

This is a scary year

I almost said stanford instead of UCONN, but I think they are down on themselves right now, we'll see how they do against Wash, NAVY has lost two tough games to OSU and PITT, WASH revolves around Lockler they go as he goes. If I recall right I think the weather evened the playing field in that UCONN-UNC game, I believe it was raining pretty good, plus we'll be at home which should be some benefit

From the remaining schedule, give me two teams that you would bet a large chunk of jack on that ND will win. I don't have any.

With our current injuries....

Purdue, Washington, Washington St., Navy, UCon, and Syracuse

If Floyd was still healthy, and JC wasn't hobbled I would throw in BC and Pitt. With the current injuries on our roster, I would list these games as toss ups.

If Floyd was still healthy, and JC wasn't hobbled I would throw in BC and Pitt. With the current injuries on our roster, I would list these games as toss ups.

I agree we will win these games, but throwing a chunk of change on the game isn't in my future. I don't trust the D right now. Maybe in a few weeks, things will change.

I agree we will win these games, but throwing a chunk of change on the game isn't in my future. I don't trust the D right now. Maybe in a few weeks, things will change.

I don't trust the D either.....but I refuse to believe that our players and coaches can't fix the issues......I am also refusing to believe that #2 forgot how to cover anyone.

Unfortunetly we don't play Syracuse, I don't think I'd bet on that game anyway (because of last year)

Kyle Mccarthy will be in the NFL next year-- charlie has been getting loads of interest on him--- to say he wouldnt start for any other team we play is just RIDICULOUS-----The idea that we are helpless on defense because our players just SUCK--is also risiculous-- yes we have had a couple tough games against a couple of tough teams-- both of whom had the offense and the offensive line as their strength !--------- walls has had a tough start -- but has proven his cover skills many times----yes there has been some rough spots adapting to the 4-3-- and essentially switching D-coordinators--- the defense will IMPROVE DRAMATICALLY as the season goes forward------ as far as games we will win easy enough to bet big------PURDUE__BC__WASHIGTON (DONT BE DECIEVED BY THE WEAK USC PERFORMANCE THE HUSKIES DONT MATCH UP WELL WITH US)--NAVY__ CONNECTICUT__ WSU & STANFORD!------THATS 7----if you like stanford-- if you like navy-- if you like BC-- FINE__ NONE OF THOSE TEAMS WILL KEEP UP WITH US____

TO GAMES__ USC & PITT (AWAY)

THE RUMORS OF THE DEATH OF THE 2009 ND TEAM HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGGERATED---- WE CRUISE TO 10--2 and the BCS!!!!

Kyle Mccarthy will be in the NFL next year-- charlie has been getting loads of interest on him--- to say he wouldnt start for any other team we play is just RIDICULOUS-----The idea that we are helpless on defense because our players just SUCK--is also risiculous-- yes we have had a couple tough games against a couple of tough teams-- both of whom had the offense and the offensive line as their strength !--------- walls has had a tough start -- but has proven his cover skills many times----yes there has been some rough spots adapting to the 4-3-- and essentially switching D-coordinators--- the defense will IMPROVE DRAMATICALLY as the season goes forward------ as far as games we will win easy enough to bet big------PURDUE__BC__WASHIGTON (DONT BE DECIEVED BY THE WEAK USC PERFORMANCE THE HUSKIES DONT MATCH UP WELL WITH US)--NAVY__ CONNECTICUT__ WSU & STANFORD!------THATS 7----if you like stanford-- if you like navy-- if you like BC-- FINE__ NONE OF THOSE TEAMS WILL KEEP UP WITH US____

THE RUMORS OF THE DEATH OF THE 2009 ND TEAM HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGGERATED---- WE CRUISE TO 10--2 and the BCS!!!!

I agree with you on McCarthy.....he is a starter on any team. He may not be Taylor Mays, but he has proven to be a very good safety that is a sure tackler and will make plays......he also will never lose a game for you (like another safety we used to have....that is now in the NFL....).

I also agree that our D is going to get much better.....Tenuta has a scheme that is proven to work. We have the talent to make that scheme better.....as our players get more experience, I think the D will really shine. I also think #2 needs to be benched til he can find at least one of the jocks he was juked out of this year.....should be easy since he has lost so many.

"From the remaining schedule, give me two teams that you would bet a large chunk of jack on that ND will win. I don't have any."

If I had a few extras bucks to bet with. I would say USC and Stanford.

SC because I am a bit of a gambler to begin with. We have never been so due than with SC.

And Stanford because this being our last game on the schedule, and we should b playing for something other than a win.

i was at msu game, which was fun, and am going to the washington game. last year i was in vegas last yr the week b/f nd played uw and the spread was only like 7 or 9...easy money..this yr it might be a little tougher. this yr i think wazzu is the sure pick

Kyle will NOT play in the NFL next year. there is nothing in the history of Charlie that says that one of his DB's can play in the NFL. Zibby and Ndukwe are in the NFL and Ndukwe is starting some. McCarthy is making plays because of the Setup of the D. This does not correlate with playing on Sundays next year.

Being the eternal optomist, you started with us being in a BCS game and Currently have us continuing on that course. I hope you are right, but nothing you have seen this season can legitimatley have your hopes that high that we will lose only one more game. We lost the MSU game, just happened that their QB sucks balls.

Rough spots adapting to the 4-3 are because we don't have the horses on the DL and there aren't any in the shed. Without the DL needing a double team, the LB's, (who are the biggest dissappointment) can't make plays.

I don't think that the O will be able to continue to keep enough points on the board all year to only lose one more.

I see a very hopeful 9-3, but probably an 8-4 season.

When will reality hit home? No matter how many exclamation points people can throw into a paragraph, and no matter how many all-capped words people string together for a sentence fracture, it wont change the current state of ND football. From what we see, ND could probably lose another 2-3 games. I'm not guessing. I'm simply basing this off of how they've played so far.... People need to end this insane speculation and this belief that ND is like ND of old. These are different times. It's time to come down out of the clouds. Like CW said: "we're through talking, we're going to let our play speak for itself." Well, sad to say, it has...are you watching?

While some of us are way beyond being delusional fans and are tired of saying "this is our year" or "maybe not THIS year but NEXT year for sure" we all want you to be right Hawaii. I'm sure we all would love nothing more to see a thread that you post at the end of this season entitled "HA! -- I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!" Thank goodness you're here.

While some of us are way beyond being delusional fans and are tired of saying "this is our year" or "maybe not THIS year but NEXT year for sure" we all want you to be right Hawaii. I'm sure we all would love nothing more to see a thread that you post at the end of this season entitled "HA! -- I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!" Thank goodness you're here.

Well said NYgirl. I have never wanted to be more wrong than now. every year is our year, but sometimes tomorrow never comes, because it is today.