ROBBIE PARRIS INJURED

Guest SirJohn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Sir John Yesterdaysnews42@aol.com

I know, I know. That's #2 for him. (I tried to get you in the am) Mentions "intense" rehab 1st so? I think CoachWeis would still back the two sports, etc players. It's part of the business. On one side I admire his driving to the basket and not playing soft. I'd prefer him in plenty of pads tho.

Guest IrishCupaJoe

A collar bone break should never keep an athlete off the field for very long, unlike a weight bearing bone (i.e. legs), and it's not a joint, so I haven't a clue as to why any athlete would be out for two seasons with a collar bone break barring complications. However, psychologically a player might try to protect such an injury in the future, and not give 100% out of fear of re-injury. Obviously that's a head case situation. The kid should be O.K. We'll see. At least it's not a knee.

Guest SirJohn

Sir John yesterdaysnews42@aol.com

The real Sir John and Real Yesterdaysnews42@aol.com ( ahahahahahahah) :lol:

Gosh!

This is not the best thing to have happened but i'm sure coach understands the physical. He came back from the hip real well under romeo's eyes.

DD was.........can't say a whole bunch were setting up an interview so???

Gotta wait

Guest IrishCupaJoe

My wife is an R.N. in orthopedics. She says it depends on WHERE on the collar bone the break happened. If it's near the shoulder joint connection or sternum, it might be problematic, but if its a clean break in the shaft of the collar bone it shouldn't be a problem. MOST breaks are in the shaft due to trauma, but obviously that depends on the circumstances. We'll just have to wait and see.

Guest bluester2000

Well you all know my opinion of Parris so of course I don't think this injury hurts us to bad. I'd let him redshirt next year, just to let him fully recover. I know it's not a major injury, but maybe it'd be a good idea to let him get bigger and stronger before we have him running full speed taking hits from 250# linebackers.

Guest bluester2000

I think most people overestimate his abilities, often comparing him to Shark, despite not having shown anything. Just because he's 6'3 and white everyone wants to make that comparrison.

I haven't seen him play, but knowing Ignatius, most of the kids from there aren't tremendous athletes. They win because they are deeper than any other team in the state (2nd largest male enrollment in the state for a high school). He did get some offers from some other schools, but I will be surprised if he produces like either of the top 2 wide outs we have right now.

blue, have you watched Parris' videos? His videos are VERY impressive. He is one of the most aggressive WR's I have seen when it comes to going up in the air and getting the ball.

Yes, the Shark comparisons are stupid. They are only there because he is a tall, white WR at Notre Dame. Pretty stupid reasons.

I bet that Robby will really excell on the deep balls and in the red zone. The way he goes up and gets the ball really caught my eye.

March 01. 2006 6:59AM

ND recruit Parris deals with another injury

COLLEGE FOOTBALL

BOB WIENEKE

Tribune Staff Writer

Notre Dame football recruit Robby Parris will miss the rest of his high school basketball season after breaking his left collarbone during a game last Friday.

The 6-foot-4, 195-pound Parris, who signed with ND on Feb. 1, was going up for a dunk in Cleveland St. Ignatius' game against Cleveland South.

According to St. Ignatius coach Brian Becker, a South player stepped in to take a charge, and Parris nearly jumped over the player, but Parris' legs caught the player's shoulder. Parris did not put out his arms to break his fall.

"He landed squarely on his shoulder," Becker said.

Surgery was not required and Becker expects that Parris will be 100 percent in four weeks. Becker also said that Parris had broken the same collarbone once before.

The broken collarbone was the second major injury Parris has suffered this school year. In October, Parris suffered a dislocated right hip that ended his football season. In six games, he caught 32 passes for 675 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Parris, a point guard, averaged close to 8 points per game for St. Ignatius this season.

Staff writer Bob Wieneke:

bwieneke@sbtinfo.com

(574) 235-6428

Guest Irish4life

just redshirt the guy and it will be fine. but uh he's gonna need some extra padding or something because he keeps getting hurt. so hopefully this will be his last. now hes just gotta relax because hes not gonna be playing in 06.