Defense is pathetic...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nypd irish

Plain and simple we were lucky to win this game,,yeah we did great against Nevada,,,Michigan and Michigan St really exposed the defense to what it is,,and that is average at best!

Plain and simple we were lucky to win this game,,yeah we did great against Nevada,,,Michigan and Michigan St really exposed the defense to what it is,,and that is average at best!

Not average... It was one of the worst defensive ND performances in my recollection. MSU is not that good and the only time they stopped them was through MSU's mistakes.

Not average... It was one of the worst defensive ND performances in my recollection. MSU is not that good and the only time they stopped them was through MSU's mistakes.

yea, I remember the 2007 defense being good...they were just left out to dry by the offense a lot so they get winded in the 2nd half.

I honestly thought this year's defense would be really good

I know alot of people on this board are not CW fans for one reason or another, but I think what we really need to do is to look at the defensive staff , and not the HC and the offensive staff.....

You shouldn't have to score 30+ points a game and pray that the defense can hold. We could very well be 1-2 and CW on the white hot seat, but the problem is really the defense, so in my humble opinion, Brown and Tenuta should be taking the heat, not CW.......

We'll never win 10 games with the defense playing like that.......

I know alot of people on this board are not CW fans for one reason or another, but I think what we really need to do is to look at the defensive staff , and not the HC and the offensive staff.....

You shouldn't have to score 30+ points a game and pray that the defense can hold. We could very well be 1-2 and CW on the white hot seat, but the problem is really the defense, so in my humble opinion, Brown and Tenuta should be taking the heat, not CW.......

We'll never win 10 games with the defense playing like that.......

no way man. It's been the same crap for 5 years under Weis. Charlie brought in the best coaches money could buy in Tenuta and Brown. It ain't the coaches. Weis' player development sucks. He needs to take responsibility for his inability to field a successful defense in 5 years.

they look completely confused and bewildered...................

I said the exact same words on the last drive right before Kyle's INT. Our LBs and safeties are so unsure where to be, they are constantly moving and looking around. AND I CAN NOT STAND OUR "SUPERIOR" SECONDARY PLAYING A 12 TO 15 YARD CUSHION ON EVERY SINGLE PLAY!

no way man. It's been the same crap for 5 years under Weis. Charlie brought in the best coaches money could buy in Tenuta and Brown. It ain't the coaches. Weis' player development sucks. He needs to take responsibility for his inability to field a successful defense in 5 years.

Thats all well and good but CW has ZERO, ZERO to do with developing the defensive players, that would be Brown and Tenuta - so their player development sucks, not CW's.

Every game I have seen this year we have 30+ points and we are still holding our breat in the last 2 min.....

I said the exact same words on the last drive right before Kyle's INT. Our LBs and safeties are so unsure where to be, they are constantly moving and looking around. AND I CAN NOT STAND OUR "SUPERIOR" SECONDARY PLAYING A 12 TO 15 YARD CUSHION ON EVERY SINGLE PLAY!

amen.............

Thats all well and good but CW has ZERO, ZERO to do with developing the defensive players, that would be Brown and Tenuta - so their player development sucks, not CW's.

Every game I have seen this year we have 30+ points and we are still holding our breat in the last 2 min.....

Thats tough to take at this point fanatic. We've heard that excuse before and when minter left that excuse left with him.Tenuta did a fine job coaching and developing players at GT when those defenses were in the top 25 year in and year out.

Im sorry but if charlie only wanted to be criticized for the offenses downfalls then he needs to be an offensive coordinator somewhere. Hes the head coach and as the head coach is responsible for offense, defense, special teams, S & C, and every other aspect of the program. Even if he is only indirectly responsible he is still responsible, He hired the assistant coaches, helped to recruit the players and has to take at least some responsibility for their development and production.