ND fans are so funny...

I am a proud ND fan but some of you guys are so funny. When Holtz wins in three, it seems like that is the standard. Thank goodness he didn't win in one. How many Championships did Holtz win? One, maybe two? He sucks in comparison to Meyer and Carroll, right? Dude, its hogwash. Did he lose some games that the team wasn't suppose to? EVERYONE DOES, get over it.

People say "Why do you still blame Ty?" BECAUSE PEOPLE LOVE TO BRING UP 2007 TO PROVE WEIS SUCKS. Sorry, I think Weis may have messed up by not preparing for that 2007 year well enough but I think he's learned. But with the schedule and his players, they weren't going to have a winning record no matter who was at the helm.

"WELL... WELL... HE CAN'T MOTIVATE HIS PLAYERS!" I hate to break it to you guys but our teams from 2005 and 2006 overachieved. Raise your hand if you think the 2005 or 2006 are in the top 5 ND teams of all time. That 2005 USC team was arguably top 5 of NCAA all time. USC had Bush who was not only a play maker but a game changer. I know people hate moral victories but there is no way you come so close to winning that game without the ability to motivate.

"WELL... WELL... HE DOESN'T HAVE A SIGNATURE WIN!" OK, another funny thing about a ND fan. Signature win for ND is not beating a good team, its beating an elite team. And we only play one of those a season the last two seasons. And it happens to be USC. And you happen to have to be REALLY REALLY good to win that game. We weren't really really good the last two seasons. I think Charlie has no excuse not to beat USC. So lets talk then. Too bad the haters will still hate Weis and say, well USC has a freshmen QB.

"WELL... WELL... WE DON'T BEAT THE TEAMS WE'RE SUPPOSE TO!" The last two years, we were really young and young teams drop games that they are suppose to win. There is nothing more true than that statement. Perfect example, OSU and Pryor. The complete collapse shows that its really really tough for young players to make those plays. NOT IMPOSSIBLE (OBVIOUSLY), but really difficult. If you watched the game, you won't believe the Barkley hype. McKnight was the man on the drive, not Barkley. I think McKnight had 60 yards of total offense on that last drive. There is no reason OSU should have lost that game, but they did. Its football. That's it. And guess what, Tressel is still a good coach.

I expected ND to beat Michigan but I thought that if the ball doesn't bounce the wrong way, we have a team that will fight through it and have a chance to win. Its really unfortunate that our two key contributors to the fourth quarter comeback were out of the last plays. Not an excuse, just unfortunate. As for MSU, if we have the right team leaders in place and if we have the team we think we have, anything less than an uncompetitive second half in my eyes will be a let down. The worst time to play a team like USC is after a loss. Good teams usually bounce back fast and strong. So... lets see what kind of team we have.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for backing me up Erick! Fine post sir! :thumb:

That's what I'm here for brother. I think its a good sign that the haters are silent. People are too crazy around here. I know two things, if we lose one of the next three, its gonna be bad. And if we win the next 4, its gonna be REALLY good.

The other thing that drives me nuts is when people mention this team in the same breath as the 07 team.

BC graduated almost all of their starters two years ago yet still managed to have a great season last year. I guess failure isn't an option there, but it is here. I'm thoroughly sick of EXCUSES.

Agreed. "They are young" "Weis needs his guys" "Wait until...." "Next year"... When are we going to be surprised by our play? (Hawaii and Nevada aside).

Agreed. "They are young" "Weis needs his guys" "Wait until...." "Next year"... When are we going to be surprised by our play? (Hawaii and Nevada aside).

Understood brother. But seriously, what are we going to do...'can' the head coach now? We all know it's not going to happen.

Talking about it is harmless, it's actually healthy, and it's about our opinions and everyones should be respected all the same.

Since nothing can be done at this point, why not let the season play out? No one will second guess the second guesser's should things fall the way those against Coach Weis feel they will?

Justing talking...8-)

I am a proud ND fan but some of you guys are so funny. When Holtz wins in three, it seems like that is the standard. Thank goodness he didn't win in one. How many Championships did Holtz win? One, maybe two? He sucks in comparison to Meyer and Carroll, right? Dude, its hogwash. Did he lose some games that the team wasn't suppose to? EVERYONE DOES, get over it.

People say "Why do you still blame Ty?" BECAUSE PEOPLE LOVE TO BRING UP 2007 TO PROVE WEIS SUCKS. Sorry, I think Weis may have messed up by not preparing for that 2007 year well enough but I think he's learned. But with the schedule and his players, they weren't going to have a winning record no matter who was at the helm.

"WELL... WELL... HE CAN'T MOTIVATE HIS PLAYERS!" I hate to break it to you guys but our teams from 2005 and 2006 overachieved. Raise your hand if you think the 2005 or 2006 are in the top 5 ND teams of all time. That 2005 USC team was arguably top 5 of NCAA all time. USC had Bush who was not only a play maker but a game changer. I know people hate moral victories but there is no way you come so close to winning that game without the ability to motivate.

"WELL... WELL... HE DOESN'T HAVE A SIGNATURE WIN!" OK, another funny thing about a ND fan. Signature win for ND is not beating a good team, its beating an elite team. And we only play one of those a season the last two seasons. And it happens to be USC. And you happen to have to be REALLY REALLY good to win that game. We weren't really really good the last two seasons. I think Charlie has no excuse not to beat USC. So lets talk then. Too bad the haters will still hate Weis and say, well USC has a freshmen QB.

"WELL... WELL... WE DON'T BEAT THE TEAMS WE'RE SUPPOSE TO!" The last two years, we were really young and young teams drop games that they are suppose to win. There is nothing more true than that statement. Perfect example, OSU and Pryor. The complete collapse shows that its really really tough for young players to make those plays. NOT IMPOSSIBLE (OBVIOUSLY), but really difficult. If you watched the game, you won't believe the Barkley hype. McKnight was the man on the drive, not Barkley. I think McKnight had 60 yards of total offense on that last drive. There is no reason OSU should have lost that game, but they did. Its football. That's it. And guess what, Tressel is still a good coach.

I expected ND to beat Michigan but I thought that if the ball doesn't bounce the wrong way, we have a team that will fight through it and have a chance to win. Its really unfortunate that our two key contributors to the fourth quarter comeback were out of the last plays. Not an excuse, just unfortunate. As for MSU, if we have the right team leaders in place and if we have the team we think we have, anything less than an uncompetitive second half in my eyes will be a let down. The worst time to play a team like USC is after a loss. Good teams usually bounce back fast and strong. So... lets see what kind of team we have.

I guess Texas is in the top 5 all time too? considering Texas won the Nat'l Championship in '05. Please refrain from making off the wall comments when you dont really know the CFB history.

So far what you're saying is that CW's biggest win is a loss to USC in '05.

I'm behind CW b/c I want him to succeed and I want him back as our HC in '10, but if he doesnt win then sayonara. If we go 10-2 and USC is our only other loss than I'm happy with that. If we go 9-3 and lose to USC & Pitt then I'll take it b/c I know it's a step forward, but with our schedule there's only one game on the schedule where the opposing team is better than us.

After losing to Michigan, now MSU, Washington, Navy, Pitt, & Stanford scare me.

I guess Texas is in the top 5 all time too? considering Texas won the Nat'l Championship in '05. Please refrain from making off the wall comments when you dont really know the CFB history.

So far what you're saying is that CW's biggest win is a loss to USC in '05.

I'm behind CW b/c I want him to succeed and I want him back as our HC in '10, but if he doesnt win then sayonara. If we go 10-2 and USC is our only other loss than I'm happy with that. If we go 9-3 and lose to USC & Pitt then I'll take it b/c I know it's a step forward, but with our schedule there's only one game on the schedule where the opposing team is better than us.

After losing to Michigan, now MSU, Washington, Navy, Pitt, & Stanford scare me.

Well dude, its a friggin board and how about you refrain from getting personal.

So, I thought USC was pretty f'ing amazing with bush and all but so was Young.

I never said USC was the signature win. I said that the 2005 and 2006 overachieved and to come so close to winning that game, Weis had to have motivated them to some degree. I agree with everything else. Less than 9 wins and its pretty hard to defend the guy.

Don't forget that Lou dropped games to Northwestern, BYU, BC (again), an 8-4 Michigan team - comparable to last week's loss, a 6-5 air force team, a 6-6 USC, a 5-6 Stanford Team, 6-5 Michigan State, 5-5 Pitt......

I mean, c'mon, I didn't even lump in the 3 loss teams. So, are we done crying about last week, yet???

I think that most of this anger is not directed at Weis' lack of performance, but rather the fact that he is so arrogant with virtually nothing to back it up.

I defended his arrogance with the usual BS excuses we've heard over the last 4 years.

I believed that with the right players no one would stand a chance against this team.

The last straw for me was the much discussed playcalling with three minutes to go in last week's game. Called out by a freshman QB that cut through our defense like he was still in high school.

I no longer believe we are dealing with a coach with any kind of decided schematic advantage.

In my book, he hasn't clinched a single victory worth a damn in 5 years. Naysayers can say blah blah "every win counts" but the fact is that we have blown every single opportunity to beat a team with a solid roster that isn't a part of the WAC.

I know firing him would be disastrous both right now and even at the end of the year.

I am just saying I am not buying into his BS anymore.

Lou may have lost games he shoouldn't have, but at least back then we didn't have to hear him brag about what a great coach he was afterwards....oh, and every now and again he won a few where he wasn't favored....

Echo, what games afterwardsdid Charlie brag about being a great coach? Methinks you made an error there. ? (Peace, but lets hang someone on facts not fiction.);):spider:

I think that most of this anger is not directed at Weis' lack of performance, but rather the fact that he is so arrogant with virtually nothing to back it up.

I defended his arrogance with the usual BS excuses we've heard over the last 4 years.

I believed that with the right players no one would stand a chance against this team.

The last straw for me was the much discussed playcalling with three minutes to go in last week's game. Called out by a freshman QB that cut through our defense like he was still in high school.

I no longer believe we are dealing with a coach with any kind of decided schematic advantage.

In my book, he hasn't clinched a single victory worth a damn in 5 years. Naysayers can say blah blah "every win counts" but the fact is that we have blown every single opportunity to beat a team with a solid roster that isn't a part of the WAC.

I know firing him would be disastrous both right now and even at the end of the year.

I am just saying I am not buying into his BS anymore.

Lou may have lost games he shoouldn't have, but at least back then we didn't have to hear him brag about what a great coach he was afterwards....oh, and every now and again he won a few where he wasn't favored....

ehhh... really? Undefeated seasons rarely happen. Realistic expectations.

im as big a homer as the next guy, but some of the guys on here are ridiculous. CW does no wrong.

erick, I didnt mean that's what u said, but it's the truth. CW's biggest win is the USC loss. Michigan in '05 is second. He's had 4 yrs to get another big win against a serviceable opponent and hasnt. And I'm not getting personal with u, sorry if it came across like that. Kinda just tired of the comments some ppl making excuses for CW no matter what the argument is.

Like I said, I'm a huuuuuuge homer. My friends bust my balls all the time b/c it seems like every yr I think ND's gonna win the NC. I'm not that bad, esp the last 2 yrs, but I am very optimistic when it comes to my Irish. The thing is, I'm tired of being let down. Last yr we gave away 3 close games that wouldve made us 9-3 instead of 6-6. We lost to Syracuse in our 11th game of the season at HOME.

Now tell me why I shouldnt have worries that we might not end up 9-3 again this yr. I'm more worried about CW not winning enough games so he's gone b/c it makes all the guys who have been saying he should be gone right. I want him to win, so ND is back and so CW can stay our coach. Up until the Michigan loss, I was right there with you guys making the excuses. Well I'm putting down my pro CW sign and I'm letting him finish out the yr, but dont try n out-do the nay-sayers b/c there's no argument for CW right now unless he wins right now.