what has weis done?

Guest jwzorich

Guest jwzorich

For those who support keeping charlie on, please tell me what he has accomplished at ND? Besides nice recruiting rankings? Getting to two bcs games and losing isn't a big accomplishment in my mind either....

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who support keeping charlie on, please tell me what he has accomplished at ND? Besides nice recruiting rankings? Getting to two bcs games and losing isn't a big accomplishment in my mind either....

I know in your world, BCS appearances and losses don't mean much because you are not cashing the checks...

when is the last time we have had an offense as powerful as the one we have this year. When is the last time we had a playmaker as amazing as michael floyd...who is just a SOPHOMORE! We have more young talent and old talent than ever before.

CW came here with a broken program hurt by the recruiting laziness of Tyrone Willingham..... He brought in his own players, and we are a much more improved team now...its unbelievable how much we have improved....

Its been two games into the year, just relax some, everybody. Wait a few weeks and see what kind of conversation will be taking place before the USC game.

not only is our offense unbelievable.....

next year we will be returning the following key players on offense.....

JC

Armando Allen

Michael Floyd

Golden Tate

Kyle Rudolph

All of these five guys are going to leave ND as some of the biggest playmakers in ND history....

Rudolph will smash TE records.... Michael floyd will smash WR records...

Armando allen is improving and becoming more athletic with every game.

Golden Tate always gives up a home run threat with Floyd. JC.... needs no explanation.

Stay positive.....our glass is more than half full

Who are we going to be able to get to replace him????? Most of the key offensive players are juniors. The defense is still young. I mean we had a freshman start at linebacker for God's sake.

I'm tired of people saying fire Weis with no real options to replace him. I started a thread to illustrate this point. No one in their right mind would take this job. No job security. We'll get some no name guy who won't be able to recruit and then we will be back in the Bob Davie and Ty Willingham years all over again.

Urban is not coming people.

I would agree with most here. I think some people have short term memory. As a guy that's been a fan since about 1996, ND football was pretty boring offensively til Weiss came. Don't get me wrong, winning is more important, but in today's game, you need a high octane offense to recruit well and win. And I believe the wins will come. I think we are REALLY REALLY close. I think a one or two more playmakers on D, at least one on the DL from being one fantastic team.

Guest defconND
produced more yards in a 3 game span than any other coach!

That's great and all, but it was against Hawaii, Nevada, and Michigan (in an off year for their D). How was that offense in that 4 game span when USC took us to the woodshed?

Guest jwzorich

So far the accomplishments are: money for the bcs appearances( yes in my world and most fans that isn't considered...I doubt the poster who said that received any bowl money either). And a record-setting pace for the offense this year and two others. What I was looking for was wins. Against decent teams. Didn't weis himself say he should contend for a NC in his 5th year? Does anyone think that's still possible? Not being sarcastic here....just wanted some serious input.

Guest defconND
So far the accomplishments are: money for the bcs appearances( yes in my world and most fans that isn't considered...I doubt the poster who said that received any bowl money either). And a record-setting pace for the offense this year and two others. What I was looking for was wins. Against decent teams. Didn't weis himself say he should contend for a NC in his 5th year? Does anyone think that's still possible? Not being sarcastic here....just wanted some serious input.
Yes he did and no I don't. Hope I'm wrong, but for one thing we only have one team on our schedule that would produce a 'signature' win that all national championship teams have. That, and losing to a Michigan team who at best may finish 3rd in the Big 10 doesn't bode well for competing for a national championship. I doubt we can even keep it close versus USC.

It's still possible to contend for a title.

If we finish 11-1 there's a good chance that we could play for the title.

That would take some incredible progress on our part, but it could happen.

this is too much talk and not enough games played this year yet. Dont count the last two years...those were rebuilding years.

This is the first year that expectations are high again for CW. ITS ONLY BEEN TWO GAMES. So we dropped a close game against a rival, its done now. There are still TEEEEENNNNNNNN games left....anything can happen....we are definitely not out of the bcs picture....theres still a chance for NC contention....just wait and see what happens week to week

It's still possible to contend for a title.

If we finish 11-1 there's a good chance that we could play for the title.

That would take some incredible progress on our part, but it could happen.

I think we need Pitt or some other team to get ranked or a bunch of other teams losing. Pretty impossible at this point though with us falling out of the ranking though.

I feel the talent is improved. I am not saying we're better than we were four years ago.

But I for sure am not saying he's hurt us either. We all want a win every week...I know I do.

Will we win out this year? Probably not, but until we know for sure, let's give our team the benefit of the doubt.

I'm with you here Irish Chris...without a doubt!