Charlie

Getting really frustrated with the ripping of Weis. Do you guys even watch the game??? Our offense moved up and down the field the whole game. Is it Charlie's fault the kicker missed a 28 yarder? Is it his fault they overturned Allen's TD with no significant evidence to overturn it? Is it his fault Mike Floyd got injured and wasn't there for the last series? Is it his fault that Golden drops two bombs (by the way we scored at TD on that series so moot point)? Is it his fault Jimmy and Shaq's timing was a split second off?

Whoever said we played with no enthusiasm wasn't watching the game. Our team was full of piss and vinegar the whole game. I was incredibly happy with the effort and energy level from our team.

We didn't play bad by any means today. Our offense was fantastic nearly all day. 500 yards of offense and 34 points. Our defense played well in spurts but couldn't get it done consistently. I don't care if Forcier is a true freshman, he is a damn good quarterback and fits perfectly into that offense.

Michigan won the game plain and simple by a very slim margin. One less hold or if the poor overturning of Mando's TD didn't happen. Unfortunately we lost. At the end of the day, our offense is one of the best in college football but our front 7 on D is not where it needs to be and until it gets there we will lose games.

But for god sake, get off Charlie. We aren't going to win every game. Pete Carroll is the best college coach who ever lived quite possibly and he's lost to Stanford. We lost to a Michigan team that is going to win a lot of football games this year.

Edited by Jason
Typos!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we are obviously not going to win every game, but we shouldnt lose these games anymore.

Was it charlies fault that we threw twice with 2 minutes to go? YES

Is it charlies fault that michigan had 2 timouts to go score a TD to win? YES

Is it charlies fault that there were absolutely no halftime adjustments made? YES

Are those the three things that lost the game for the Irish? YES

GOODBYE CHARLIE.....even with all this talent we are going nowhere....

I'm glad he was aggressive on that last drive. Not sure if a bomb was the correct play call but why not go for the juggular. Why run it twice and punt it back to them. The way our offense was passing, why wouldn't you be confident you could pick up 10 yards in 2 throws.

If he would have done that, people would have been crying that we weren't aggressive.

Remember how we beat UCLA in 06? Because Karl Dorrell run it three times just to get us to use our timeouts. 50 seconds later...touchdown.

I'll take an aggressive coach anyday over a Bob Davie type.

Getting really frustrated with the ripping of Weis. Do you guys even watch the game??? Our offense moved up and down the field the whole game. Is it Charlie's fault the kicker missed a 28 yarder? Is it his fault they overturned Allen's TD with no significant evidence to overturn it? Is it his fault Mike Floyd got injured and wasn't there for the last series? Is it his fault that Golden drops two bombs (by the way we scored at TD on that series so moot point)? Is it his fault Jimmy and Shaq's timing was a split second off?

Whoever said we played with no enthusiasm wasn't watching the game. Our team was full of piss and vinegar the whole game. I was incredibly happy with the effort and energy level from our team.

We didn't play bad by any means today. Our offense was fantastic nearly all day. 500 yards of offense and 34 points. Our defense played well in spurts but couldn't get it done consistently. I don't care if Forcier is a true freshman, he is a damn good quarterback and fits perfectly into that offense.

Michigan won the game plain and simple by a very slim margin. One less hold or if the poor overturning of Mando's TD didn't happen. Unfortunately we lost. At the end of the day, our offense is one of the best in college football but our front 7 on D is not where it needs to be and until it gets there we will lose games.

But for god sake, get off Charlie. We aren't going to win every game. Pete Carroll is the best college coach who ever lived quite possibly and he's lost to Stanford. We lost to a Michigan team that is going to win a lot of football games this year.

Well said, but dialing up a go route for Tate is on Weis. That is such a low percentage play. What was wrong with an inside slant or WR screen? We need to keep that drive moving to win and Weis dialed up a low percentage play and that's not fair to the kids either. You shouldn't put your kids in a position to fail. Why put a freshmen in there? What happen to trusty parris? Defense failed, but the drive stalling is weis's fault. This was a game where all the bounces were going Michigan's way and we had the game in our hands and it dropped.

Don't get me wrong our offense was able to move the ball... Weis calling plays is definitely where he belongs. I have no qualms about going for the jugular with under 2 to go. If either one is caught or we get the interference flag definitely a sweeter day. I just don't see how Charlie in Year 5 is getting out coached after halftime by RR with a program in Year 2.

I'm hoping Weis sticks around so that we don't go through another coaching change and rebuilding year(s), but I'm just tired of being let down. After struggling through being a student with Weis for all 4 years I just haven't seen him get this team to turn the corner to be great with the talent it has. Hopefully they will rebound and have a great year and keep the game with USC respectable, but I just can't get my hopes up after today's game.

I am a Charlie backer, I admit that, but these opinions matter too Jason. Charlie should take a lot of heat for mismanaging the end of the game and not showing up offensively in the 3rd quarter. I expected Tenuta to figure out the Michigan offense but they couldn't seem to find any answers. 21 points in the second half is inexcusable for this caliber talent and coaching. If these members do not want to back Charlie, that is their perogative, whereas your perogative is to back Charlie. I fully believe Charlie is on the right track despite this loss. Some people believe ND is on a train going straight south. That's their opinion. Let em' have it. The only way to change those opinions is by ND winning more on the field, and it didn't happen today...

Didn't Tenuta's GT defense get crushed by WVU in the Gator Bowl when Pat White was a sophomore (maybe junior)?

Maybe his D doesn't match up well with that O for whatever reason. Guess we'll find out the next three weeks with more traditional offenses.

Didn't Tenuta's GT defense get crushed by WVU in the Gator Bowl when Pat White was a sophomore (maybe junior)?

Maybe his D doesn't match up well with that O for whatever reason. Guess we'll find out the next three weeks with more traditional offenses.

Outcoached... that's it. I thought the D was good in the first half. Michigan got lucky on some third and longs but Tenuta got burned on adjustments.

the spread is the hardest defense to defend. but weis called two great plays tate got ass raped on the bomb on 2nd down with 2 minutes and shaq was open. so get off his back u cant do any better i guarantee. You wouldve been shitting yourselves. N you are not gonna run the ball with hughes. he would not have gotten the first down with 9 guys in the box cause he isnt fast enough.

Bottom line is we are a mediocre team - if you accept that you are a better man than me. I want nothing but the best for ND and Charlie proved again he is not that guy. The QB draw early in the game - what the hell was that - too cute once again. In the second half not just on the last drive - he went away from the run - we had Michigan beat but he once again fell back into not trusting the run - Armando was tearing it up. The D does deserve a lot of the blame - they were just straight abused but they didn't give the ball up inside the 20 - and for all of you saying AA was not our best back what do you have to say now - and the d did not allow the kickoff return. Plain and simple we were beat by an inferior team.

anyone who wants Weis fired after one game isnt going to be happy with Weis all season win or lose, and i wouldnt be surprised if they actually want the Irish to lose out just to see Weis fired. i question wheather those are true Irish fans. love or hate the coach you should want the team to win.

ive been one in the past calling for Weis to be fired and would love to see Urban Meyer come in here, but right now Weis is the coach and he will remain so for the rest of the season atleast so my thoughts are that i want to see the Irish win every game possible. if at the end of the season this Irish team does not win as expected because of Weis i would be glad to see him fired, but right now my loyalty is to see the Irish win. i would love to see dominating games on offense and defense, but a win is a win and i would take a win anyway you can get it.