Outcoached

If you have more blue chip recruits, and if you commit more penalties, and if you make more mistakes, and if you give up more turnovers, and if you get burnt by big plays on defense...

then you are being outcoached, and then you are losing the game, and then, later that evening and for all of the next week, you have to say, "you're right, Mr. May."

Edited by 2lakes

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start the new coach search again. His time is up for me. He still has a chance but that obviously includes beating SC and that won't happen under his watch. 2 pass plays on the last series instead of just running the clock down was inexecusable and makes me feel sick.

I've had enough. Next

I don't mind calling for the pass, but absolutely no reason to go low low low percentage with the bomb. The third down play was necessary, since it was 3rd and ten, and it was open, but it was executed poorly with a Freshman on the receiving end. Those are bad decisions by the coaches and by the quarterback.

Don't forget IF you throw the ball twice with less than 3 minutes to go (instead of forcing Michigan to use their timeouts). That's poor coaching. Plain and simple.

Not having Floyd for that last offensive series may have killed us. I think we make those 1st downs and keep marching down the field if he's in there.

The unsportsmanlike penalty was a pretty significant factor in our loss as well.

Extremely disappointing loss to say the least.

Not having Floyd for that last offensive series may have killed us. I think we make those 1st downs and keep marching down the field if he's in there.

The unsportsmanlike penalty was a pretty significant factor in our loss as well.

Extremely disappointing loss to say the least.

Having timeouts left and not using them to slow that last drive down, killed us.

I do wish we had run the ball to run the clock but they were geared to stop that and

Charlie wanted a first down. Horrible officiating by Big 10 refs.....Young victimized with

a good pancake block and they call holding??? Rudolph was inside the ten....game over....

Walls pushed in the back on their first long pass.....no call.....Allen was in bounds.....

But if Tate catches those two bombs......on the second one I thought the ground

caused the fumble...why didn't we challenge....??? We are an awesome offensive

football team......just not good enough to overcome drops and bad calls.

Remember, we still scored on that drive where Tate dropped those two. He caught the last one for a TD. Much more blatant were the huge holes in our defense where Fortier just cut us open. And the TD on the kickoff. And the unsportsmanlike penalty by Allen: c'mon, man, give the ball to the ref and jog back to the bench!

If anyone was out coached is was Tenuta. Put out an APB on a linebacker to make a tackle in the middle of the field. Tenuta's defense just gave up 31 points to a freshman quarterback. Charlie did his job, but his defensive staff didn't. Where was Teo for most of the game? Just leave him in the middle of the field and tell him to make plays.

Didn't mind the pass call either, why the bomb though. And why call a play with the primary receiver being a freshmen

He was open and Clausen put it perfectly. He just wasn't ready to play. Forcier is a freshman and they had freshman step up all day long. Being a freshman is no excuse anymore. Floyd went down and it was Evans time to shine. Too bad there was no glare.

Remember, we still scored on that drive where Tate dropped those two. He caught the last one for a TD. Much more blatant were the huge holes in our defense where Fortier just cut us open. And the TD on the kickoff. And the unsportsmanlike penalty by Allen: c'mon, man, give the ball to the ref and jog back to the bench!

Hate to say it...but Flemming was Forcier's b***h today...

If anyone was out coached is was Tenuta. Put out an APB on a linebacker to make a tackle in the middle of the field. Tenuta's defense just gave up 31 points to a freshman quarterback. Charlie did his job, but his defensive staff didn't. Where was Teo for most of the game? Just leave him in the middle of the field and tell him to make plays.

The thing is: Coach Weis is responsible for the whole team: Defense and Offense. He is responsible for the players playing smart, for the emotion of the team, for the hiring of his coordinators, for the recruiting and development of the athletes, for getting the plays to his quarterback on time, for managing the clock, and for making half-time adjustments. He can't delegate those responsiblities.

Are you serious? Have you ever coached? He has hired a very capable defensive staff, ones that all of you have drooled over. Now lay blame where it belongs in the lap of Tenuta, Brown, and the entire defensive staff. We had the ball for 2/3 of the first half, so our defense should have been fresh. He may take ultimate blame, but our defense still allowed 31 points to a FRESHMAN quaterback!!

Are you serious? Have you ever coached? He has hired a very capable defensive staff, ones that all of you have drooled over. Now lay blame where it belongs in the lap of Tenuta, Brown, and the entire defensive staff. We had the ball for 2/3 of the first half, so our defense should have been fresh. He may take ultimate blame, but our defense still allowed 31 points to a FRESHMAN quaterback!!

I never drooled over anyone. The buck stops on the Head Coach's desk. Period.

Two last thoughts:

1. Any poster who tells other posters that they don't know what they're talking about has delusions of grandeur.

2. Coach Weis is the Head Coach: that's what we pay him for. He may be a great offensive coach; but he has to take responsibility for the whole kit and kaboodle.

It was a piss poor performance all the way around IMO. The offense looked good in the first half, but penalties and bad calls killed us in the second. What happened to running the ball? I know there is this incredible man crush on Clausen and his throwing, but damn if Allen didn't have a great game running the ball. Allen was eating up yardage at a pretty good clip, why didn't we run it a few more times? What happened to Rudolph and the TE passes over the middle?

The defense looked bad, and Forcier did a great job scrambling around everywhere. His TD run should've been a loss, but I couldn't tell if Fleming was juked or if he slipped on the turf. Our front seven cannot handle the run very well, which many of us were concerned with in such a young line. The secondary appeared to be off today as well. I'm sure its a lot harder trying to cover receivers for longer periods of time with a mobile QB like Forcier who did make some great throws today as well. Minor ran on us pretty good too, especially in the 3Q.

Penalties, penalties, penalties!!! Either we were getting them called on us killing drives, or like the case of our receivers weren't getting them against UM for their guys consistently wrapping our guys up.

Allen was inbounds, total bullsh*t call reversing the field decision and the replay showed it clearly! I'm not sure what Allen was doing exactly to get the taunting penalty because it didn't show it or maybe I just didn't think he really did anything. All I saw was him standing facing the crowd with arms folded, correct me if there was more. To me that celebration stuff is pretty ticky-tack calls, let the players play because if thats all it was it sure wasn't near enough to deserve a penalty IMO. If there was more to it then Allen needs to pull his head out of his rear and realize its not the time or the place for it.

What happened to Rudolph and the TE passes over the middle?

...If there was more to it then Allen needs to pull his head out of his rear and realize its not the time or the place for it.

The second down play on our last O drive should have been Rudolph over the middle for 10 first, a running back out of the backfield second, maybe Tate farther down the field third. But I thought Jimmy was looking for Tate right off the bat, and he underthrew him.

If Lou were coaching, he would have pulled off Allen's face mask and covered him with spit.

Now I'm done.