Aldridge

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Coalmine

I think Plan B will be to put Robert Hughes at Fullback. I didn't see any reason to put him back at RB after Jonas Gray's performance as the backup, or the speed or Theo Riddick as the #3

I think Plan B will be to put Robert Hughes at Fullback. I didn't see any reason to put him back at RB after Jonas Gray's performance as the backup, or the speed or Theo Riddick as the #3

That might not be a bad idea. He's always a threat to run the ball and I think he has decent hands.

The one thing I don't know about him is if he can block.

He's built like Schwapp, but I hope he doesn't block like him.

Given Aldridge's history at ND, it is very unfortunate. He is a tough straight-ahead runner and would probably be a fundamentally sound blocker as well.

But you definitely need a healthy shoulder to block or to hit the one-hole.

Edited by 2lakes

I'd have to think it would be Bobby Burger in a blocking capacity. You'd have to think the injury to Aldridge in the first game would make Charlie a bit skittish about continuing to put RB's out there as FB's, even if you think they have the right size.

I'd love to see Hughes get moved to FB, agree with the post that our depth at TB seems fine with Gray and Riddick, not to mention Wood (are they holding him out this year?). I miss the days when we played a FB who was a threat with the ball in his hands (Bettis, Banks, Culver, Johnson). I think Aldridge and Hughes bring back that threat. Plus Hughes has good hands, I think that would add another arrow to Weis's play calling quiver.

I'd have to think it would be Bobby Burger in a blocking capacity. You'd have to think the injury to Aldridge in the first game would make Charlie a bit skittish about continuing to put RB's out there as FB's, even if you think they have the right size.

I agree on Burger.

Wasn't Aldridge carrying the ball when get got hurt, not blocking? I can't remember for sure.