CA OT Eric Kohler to Washington

Guest Trutrojan24

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gforce

Am I the only one concerned and baffled by our inability to get anyone committed on the OL? what more would a prospect want? Chance to play-check. New OL coach-check. Chance to block for good running backs and QBs-check and check.

And please don't tell me it's early and we need to win on the field. That hasn't stopped us from loading up at other positions. What's going on here? After taking only 3 OL last year, if we don't load up here we will be looking at a Ty-like numbers situation down the road....

Am I the only one concerned and baffled by our inability to get anyone committed on the OL? what more would a prospect want? Chance to play-check. New OL coach-check. Chance to block for good running backs and QBs-check and check.

And please don't tell me it's early and we need to win on the field. That hasn't stopped us from loading up at other positions. What's going on here? After taking only 3 OL last year, if we don't load up here we will be looking at a Ty-like numbers situation down the road....

You can't compare this to a Ty recruited class... So we missed out on some OL, big deal. If we can get some quality 3-star ones we'll be fine. Look at our coveted five star Sam Young. No disrespect to him but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. It's one of the toughest positions to evaluate but In Charlie we trust. Are we seriously still doubting CW's recruiting?

We'll be fine, settle down. There's always one position people freak out about and from where I sit, we look a lot better than when Ty was here.

Despite some pretty good OL recruiting since CW came here, we have had the absolute WORST OL in college football over the last 2+ seasons. 2 years ago we set an NCAA record for most sacks allowed (Hawaii now holds the record, but played in 2 additional games). Last year a 3 man rush was able to make our line look pathetic. Until our line plays up to it's potential, we are going to have a tough time getting players of any caliber to come here.

We really do need to play some games to show potential recruits that our O-Line in capable of playing like an O-Line. Playing time means nothing when it is for a team with a terrible line.....

You can't compare this to a Ty recruited class... So we missed out on some OL, big deal. If we can get some quality 3-star ones we'll be fine. Look at our coveted five star Sam Young. No disrespect to him but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. It's one of the toughest positions to evaluate but In Charlie we trust. Are we seriously still doubting CW's recruiting?

We'll be fine, settle down. There's always one position people freak out about and from where I sit, we look a lot better than when Ty was here.

Sam Young has been a four year starter and will be a first or second round pick after this season...Sorry he couldn't run the ball too.

If we can get James, Stone, and Linder this will be the second best OL class since CW has been here. We're in all of those guys top 2, 5(only official setup went to spring game), and 3. No reason to panic sheesh.

Plan b should always be to get in contact with BC's OT recruits early and let them know a scholarship could come with continued progress on their part. BC always has 3/2 star OL getting to the league.

Sam Young has been a four year starter and will be a first or second round pick after this season...Sorry he couldn't run the ball too.

Are you serious? Sam Young is a four year starter out of necessity. I'm not saying he's turrible rather that his star ranking doesn't fit his production at ND. And anyone who suggests that our run game is anemic due to bad RB's hasn't watched the countless games in which our QB ran for his life due to defensive penetration. Not to mention how many times our RB's were met in the backfield.

Go ahead and blame the run game that's not what this thread is about. It's about recruiting o-linemen. We just all need to relax. If Verducci is a good coach then he can take a 3-star and make him perform like a true 5-star. Young will get drafted high for his measurables and then recoached up to his potential. Bank it.

Are you serious? Sam Young is a four year starter out of necessity. I'm not saying he's turrible rather that his star ranking doesn't fit his production at ND. And anyone who suggests that our run game is anemic due to bad RB's hasn't watched the countless games in which our QB ran for his life due to defensive penetration. Not to mention how many times our RB's were met in the backfield.

Go ahead and blame the run game that's not what this thread is about. It's about recruiting o-linemen. We just all need to relax. If Verducci is a good coach then he can take a 3-star and make him perform like a true 5-star. Young will get drafted high for his measurables and then recoached up to his potential. Bank it.

This is 100% on the button.

Our recruiting will pick up "if" our new coaching shows that they can take a first-round-NFL-draft-pick-type-guy and have him play at that level.....not convert him to a 2nd or 3rd round guy.

I believe we hired the right man for the job......but it is going to take a solid season of o-line play to convince recruits that we have made the turn.

+1.

Wish Sam the best of luck and a great year but he has fallen short of expectations on the field. Coaching or lack of it may have played a part.

So this leaves us with:

Linder - Florida - C

James - Ohio - OT

Stone - Tennessee - OT

Kouandjio - Maryland - OT

Henderson - Minnesota - OT

Green - Florida - OT

Not sure we have much of a chance with any of these guys. Things looking pretty grim on the OL recruiting front. Not many options still open at this juncture either. We'll see what happens during the season...........

Guest Trutrojan24
So this leaves us with:

Linder - Florida - C

James - Ohio - OT

Stone - Tennessee - OT

Green - Florida - OT

Not sure we have much of a chance with any of these guys. Things looking pretty grim on the OL recruiting front. Not many options still open at this juncture either. We'll see what happens during the season...........

...From everything I've read, this would be my % guesses:

Linder 40%

James 50%

Stone 60%

Kouandijo 10%

Henderson 10%

Green 0%

So this leaves us with:

Linder - Florida - C

James - Ohio - OT

Stone - Tennessee - OT

Green - Florida - OT

We're still being considered by all of the remaining guys except for Chaz Green from FL.

Brandon Linder is starting to fade, prob 3rd place behind FL/Miami and ahead of Ohio St.

Matt James is a mystery (some think if ND wins that he's ours). They think that's why he hasnt committed yet. It looked as if he was looking for a reason to commit.

James Stone is going to be this year's Alex Bullard or Matt Romine IMO. Top OL that most think will stay home then boom, he's Irish :-)

Arie Kouiandjo is still early in his recruitment. We made his top 8 cut. Alot of ND alum teachers at his school. Dont forget the last recruit from his school (WR - Kenny Tate) was an ND lean, but never got an offer. I think his school is very much Pro-ND.

Seantrel Henderson is officially visiting us. Wouldnt get too excited about it, but it's good news considering we were "allegedly" elminated months ago.

I would say that Lindner is going to the U. Seantrel will probably go to USC. Chaz will go to UF. So that leaves us with Kouandijo, and I would assume we may be late to the party on this one but stranger things have happened before. I still think James will go to Cincy, but maybe we win big and give him something to think about. I think our best option is with Stone and he is the most likely to commit.

I would say that Lindner is going to the U. Seantrel will probably go to USC. Chaz will go to UF. So that leaves us with Kouandijo, and I would assume we may be late to the party on this one but stranger things have happened before. I still think James will go to Cincy, but maybe we win big and give him something to think about. I think our best option is with Stone and he is the most likely to commit.

Miami fans are VERY confident they will land Linder. We are fading and in third right now. I think him cancelling his summer visit to ND really hurt.

James and Stone are our best bets right now. Let's hope we land those two and pray for a miracle w/ Seantrel.