Corey Cooper thinks Kyle Prater Illinois bound

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man loosing prater to illinois would be hard to take, specially since they also took benn away from us too. i would think that once the season starts and NDs passing game dominates that ND would get more looks from top flight WRs.

http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1673794,071909-kyle-prater-corey-cooper-illinois.article

to lose something then it had to be in your possession at one time. i think it's obv Prater was never really going to be Irish. In our greatest homer moment, we might have thought it, but it was never going to shape up that way. IMO, I hope he stays home at Illinois rather than Oklahoma or USC making a powerhouse even stronger.

it really blows my mind that since CW took over ND as only landed two WR studs (according to recruiting services) michael floyd and shaq evens. with the success of the '05, '06, sum of '08 and hopefully in '09 ND has put on a show in the passing game. i would think more top flight WRs would be very interested in what ND had to offer.

Going to Illinois wouldnt shock me. Im sure he's eyeing early playing time (like immediately). If ND has a great season capped off with with a BCS game we'll get one more big time receiver this year (maybe McCay or someone else). If we dont get one more who cares we'll get one next year. Like Ziggy said, I'd rather see him go to UofI rather than SC or OU.

Guest Trutrojan24
Deion Walker was a 5 star recruit. He hasn't had a chance to show his stuff yet. It's coming.

...He didn't finish a 5 star on any of the sites, so that is misleading...

In a different article after the one Russ had posted, Prater says he has narrowed his list to a top 6

"He has 40 scholarship offers. He said he has narrowed his list to six--Alabama, USC, Oklahoma, Illinois, Tennessee and Notre Dame. He plans to visit Tennessee on Aug. 1 and might visit Alabama before the season begins"

http://blogs.suntimes.com/lockerroom/2009/07/prater_still_wavering.html

Guest Trutrojan24
He didn't finish a 5 star because of injury, but he was a 5 star for a while his junior season.

...Devon Kennard blew out his ACL last year and still finished ranked like top 10, so that is no excuse...

...Devon Kennard blew out his ACL last year and still finished ranked like top 10, so that is no excuse...

the reason why Walker didnt end a 5 star was b/c he played QB his Sr Year and missed a bunch of games. I believe he had turf toe. It's tough to evaluate a guy playing a different position. On top of that, the injury was still bothering him throughout the season and held him back a little bit in the UA game.

As for Kennard, completely diff story b/c he tore his ACL as a 5 star then didnt play again. Walker played with the injury after some rehab.

Mike Ragone & Armando Allen also missed their Sr years. Ragone went from #1 TE to #2 TE b/c he missed his Sr yr.

personally i didnt feel he was a 5 star anyway, but playing out of position and the turf toe injury def hindered his progress

prater is a real good WR but i'd say because of his lack of great speed i'd say he's a high four star. darrin walls was rated as a 5-star by everybody untill he hurt himself senior year.

yeah ND has good WRs in kamara, walker and goodman but i'd still like to see ND land the best of the best at the WR position.