Seantrel Henderson names three.....

and the IRISH ain't one of them.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

ESPNU 150 Watch Lister Seantrel Henderson names three favorites

Offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson told ESPN affiliate Web site GatorCountry.com, "Florida, USC and Ohio State... its going to be one of those three. They play for championships and they put a lot of people in the NFL."

"Distance doesn't matter," he continued. "It's about where I feel best about the school, the people in the program, the guys who are going to be my teammates and the coaches. If that's at a place like USC or Florida, that's fine with me. I'm going where I feel like I'm home. I'll know if it's the right place after I do my visits."

However, Henderson added, "It's not that I've closed the door on anyone. I'm still open but I've got some things that are important to me. It's going to be a tough choice but I'm going to make the right one whatever that is."

His father, Sean Henderson, previously informed affiliate Web site Bucknuts.com that Ohio State, Florida, USC and Oklahoma would be receiving official visits from his son and that Minnesota, Florida State, Notre Dame and Michigan were still in the mix.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a win over USC is what brings this kid back in our good graces, then I will be fine with us not being in his top 3.

He is obviously making this decision with only one thing in mind: future money for playing football.

If he is not interested in what makes a place like ND so special, then he will never get it.

I would say someone who views college as simply a gateway to the NFL riches will likely have an issue with maintaining grades, but last time I checked, "Dance" at USC doesn't have any prerequisites.....

If a win over USC is what brings this kid back in our good graces, then I will be fine with us not being in his top 3.

He is obviously making this decision with only one thing in mind: future money for playing football.

If he is not interested in what makes a place like ND so special, then he will never get it.

I would say someone who views college as simply a gateway to the NFL riches will likely have an issue with maintaining grades, but last time I checked, "Dance" at USC doesn't have any prerequisites.....

I have to echo echo, LOL!

We are NOT in it for him and haven't been for a long time. He doesn't get Notre Dame. As of now, Notre Dame is just a big college name he can put out there.

Wow....

Most of (if not all) of the kids coming in to major college sports on a scholarship have dreams of going pro. It is a WISE decision to chose a team that will help you attain that goal.

You can't knock a kid because he wants to attain his lifelong dream....and win some ball games in the process. I do not think ND is in his list because 1. We have sucked for 2 years and 2. our line is a major reason why. If ND can play solid on the line (showing that the new coaches know what they are doing) and can start winning games, then I am sure we will get back in on Henderson if it isn't too late.

College is a gateway to the NFL for some kids (especially ones like Henderson). If academics are important to him, he can get a quality education anywhere. If they are not, then he should chose a school where he can focus his energy on prep for the NFL and still get a degree.

Henderson is the only person that knows what he wants / needs from a school. Don't knock him because that is not ND right now.

I understand that the majority of these players have aspirations of playing in the NFL someday. The smart ones, however, realize that they need to have an academic back-up plan. Injuries and not living up to your recruitment potential are a bitch.

Spencer Boyd made it clear in his commitment speech that he understands this and that a degree from ND is a door-opener.....

I understand that the majority of these players have aspirations of playing in the NFL someday. The smart ones, however, realize that they need to have an academic back-up plan. Injuries and not living up to your recruitment potential are a bitch.

Spencer Boyd made it clear in his commitment speech that he understands this and that a degree from ND is a door-opener.....

i agree wholeheartedly; however, unless sammy young steps it up big time this year, his stock is gonna plumett. we are talkin millions. why?? cuz we sucked and so did his coachin'. these kids know that.

Guest irishrick

THATS OK , WE GOT ENOUGH TALENT TO ROLL ON , I WOULD THINK GETTING nd dEGREE WOULD BE MORE IMPORTANT, A FEW YEARS IN THE NO FUN LEAGUE, I DON'T THINK HE CAN MAKE IT, IF JUST MONIES IS ON HIS MIND , SORRY, BUT GOOD LUCK:-P

Although, not an ND degree. A kid can get a pretty good education at Florida also. He will be a Gator.

A little while back I read a lot of gripes and bitches about him taking ND out of the fold. Now that he decided that he wants to be an NFL star, we don't want him. I want kids to come to ND because they feel like they can play in the NFL.

Boyd made a lot of great statements about ND, but to be fair, Boyd is a 3 star athlete and HEnderson is Not.

I want hungry guys coming into the program. If ND offers a player, then we can assume he has been approved for admisssion. We don't offer without Due Diligence being performed by the Academics at ND.

I will take Henderson, today, tomorrow or in February.

While he is rated the #1 prospect this year, if he doesn't change his drive and work ethic, he will be a huge 5-star bust. And while I agree that you CAN get a good education at Florida, that would require a self-motivated, dedicated person. From the sounds of it, he is neither.

While he is rated the #1 prospect this year, if he doesn't change his drive and work ethic, he will be a huge 5-star bust. And while I agree that you CAN get a good education at Florida, that would require a self-motivated, dedicated person. From the sounds of it, he is neither.

What do we really know about an 18 year old drive and work ethic. I don't know anything about him, except this from his profile:

One of the state's top three-sports standouts in the Class of 2010. Plays on basketball team and threw shot put and discus. Won the 1,500 meter, shotput and discus in the USATF 2004 Minnesota Junior Olympics Outdoor Championships. Was second in shotput and eleventh in discus in 2004 USATF Region 8 Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships.

This kid, IMHO, will be a star from the beginning and will only get better at whatever school he goes to. barring injury, he will be in the top of the draft in his Junior year.

What do we really know about an 18 year old drive and work ethic. I don't know anything about him, except this from his profile:

One of the state's top three-sports standouts in the Class of 2010. Plays on basketball team and threw shot put and discus. Won the 1,500 meter, shotput and discus in the USATF 2004 Minnesota Junior Olympics Outdoor Championships. Was second in shotput and eleventh in discus in 2004 USATF Region 8 Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships.

This kid, IMHO, will be a star from the beginning and will only get better at whatever school he goes to. barring injury, he will be in the top of the draft in his Junior year.

Let's just hope he goes to anywhere but USC. Don't want to be facing this bahemoth.

Just for the record, I didn't mean to imply that UF, OSU, and USC degrees were useless.

The fact is, however, that schools like UF and USC put football before grades. "Accomodations" can be made for players having trouble with keeping afloat in their studies.

At ND, you don't make the grades (2nd strictest in D1 football), you're not playing. End of story.

That puts a lot of pressure on kids who know they might have trouble being that responsible for their studies. Next thing you know, Mr. "I decided to head to the NFL before graduating" finds himself playing on the practice squad in the CFL. That is, until the knees give out. Then that ND degree looks pretty damn good in hindsight.

As for not being interetsed in Seantrel anymore, I personally lost interest the second his dad said that he was holding out for an offer from USC. I didn't need to wait until the Irish eliminated as frosting on his Trojan cake....

To be a top rated player in football takes drive and work ethic.....to be a standout in 3 sports takes a very special kinda of person.

You really think the chips are stacked against a kid's becoming a star in three strength-related sports when he happens to be 6'8" and 330lbs +?

Drive and work ethic.......maybe 20%

Having freakish, unmatched strength and size.....80%

You really think the chips are stacked against a kid's becoming a star in three strength-related sports when he happens to be 6'8" and 330lbs +?

Drive and work ethic.......maybe 20%

Having freakish, unmatched strength and size.....80%

Become "good" at a sport because of size I can see.....but saying he is the #1 rated HS player in football because he is 6'8" and 330lbs....nope