ND Nation - Fredo

Guest SirJohn

Sir John Yesterdaysnews42@aol.com

It's his site his opinion. :) Way to go! :)

It of course comes from the Traitorous brother Fredo in The Godfather movie. An opponent is just that I respect them all and as they say in the Godfather movie "Nothing personal it was business."

As Charlie says "Let me tell you how we do business." (Which it is.) :)

Guest IrishCupaJoe
They're both teams that would consider a 1-10 season a success if their only win comes against ND.

Exactly. BC is frustrated that they will always be the red-headed step child to ND. They absolutely despise being referred to as the #2 Catholic team. Yes, they've broken our hearts in the past, but then again, who hasn't? In short, they are an insignificant wannabe.

Guest gallup21

also remember, in some of nd recruit barry gallups interviews, he says when he was a bc fan he respected nd a lot and his dad still works at bc, assistant athletic director for football operations i understand the wanting to beat a team that has disrespected us but lets not sink down to the level of disrespecting another team by insulting them with a name, lets be irish and classy and just beat them without making rude remarks on them

I agree with you, Gallup21. But you need to realize that when a team (Hovan and company a couple of years ago) beats you, takes sod from your field, and celebrates like they've won a NC, your team and fans remember this. Especially when BC has been a team known for being a middle of the pack team. They have never won anything, except for a fluke against Miami, and a few occasional games against ND. They are not in ND's class whatsoever.

Guest gallup21

i agree theyre not nearly where we are with class, or on the field play, and i attended michigan state game last year, for those of you that saw it their qb wasnt that nice either, i know what they did wasnt good but i just think weve got to realize the way to beat them is not by calling them names, its by beating them fair and square on the field

Guest gallup21

yup me to, gonna see if when the bc tickets come out i believe nd's next game @ bc is in 2008? anyways ill ask my dad if we can see about ticket it would be great to see another bc nd game

Guest bluester2000

My 2 cents.

I have a few problems with BC (and I come from a Jesuit high school). First, what Hovan and the rest of the team did:

1) kicking up turf and taking it showed a lot of disrespect. I know a lot of people think this is a sign of respect, but it's not. It's as if someone walked over to the Dome and took the statue of Mary. The old "I was just taking it out of respect" doesn't fly.

2) They also destroyed the visitors lockerroom. Ripping out lockers and making the maintainence staff have to redo the ceiling. I understand getting excited about beating Notre Dame, but this was during the Davieham years (unless I'm mistaken), so it shouldn't have been that big of a deal.

Second, their fans/students have such a rediculous inferiority complex it's almost sad. They constnantly try to compare themselves to superiors and don't realize they're outclassed by Georgetown, Notre Dame, and Holy Cross in basketball, football, and academics. They are absolutely insufferable. I congradulated a BC friend of mine on their bowl win against Boise State (heck of a game if anyone saw it), and she responded by telling me how ND was going to blow it against OSU.

According to some website I stumbled over about a month ago BC is rated as an A academic institution, while Notre Dame was an A-minus. Of course I thought this was strange until I did some investigating and learned that those ratings are based on the opinion of the students. Notre Dame students realistically said A-minus, while BC of course is so busy trying to prove that they're just as good as anyone else that they make fools of themselves.

Lastly, my favorite reason to hate BC:

http://www.bceaglesfootball.com/ndfan.htm

Guest gallup21

bluester, intersting web site. i odnt remember crying like a baby after they lost in the fiesta bowl, just remembering they played extremely well throughout the season. im considering changing my view about them, but i still dont think theyre role models or anything like that, we should just be better than that, and we are better than that we shouldnt kick up dirt like that or destroy a locker room after we win, but i think a better way to handle this (i have no clue if they did this but i doubt it) wouldve been to pay for brocken locker room and have coach apologize although i dont think they did that, so next time theyre on our schedule weve just gotta beat em without being idiots like that and win fairly and earn our bragging rights

Guest Shamrock83

BC is obviously just a classless institution to put something derogatory about another team on their website

Professional teams don't even go that low and the NFL is about as classless as it gets in football... next to BC that is

Yes, quite so Shammy. But I prefer to beat them, crush them and then ignore them rather than to have us (ND Nation or whoever) get in a pissing contest on the internet. Let's not get into the gutter with them. Just to hear their wailing and gnashing of teeth is enough.