20 Preseason Polls

i posted this with 13 polls awhile back-- here it is updated with 20--as well as the collective rating of our opponents in the same polls--- the big ones -- the coaches and writers dont come out till mid-august i think-- but this gives us an idea where we and our opponents will start out

atlantic journal constitution--#24

AP== joseph pierson--#26

AP==john wilner---#18

athlon sports----#24

CBS dennis dodd--#26

college football news--#26

EA sports----------#26

ESPN mark schlabach--#17

gainsville sun------#26

knoxville news----# 16

lindys---#26

National champs--#26

phil steele-------#7

Rivals--------#23

Sure fire scouting----#20

southern pigskin---#26

SI-- andy staples---#25

SI- steward mandel---#26

sporting news - matt hayes--#11

Vegas insider---#26

collective rating--# 23

same polls

USC----# 4

Pitt--#26

MSU--#35

BC--#41

those were the only teams with enough points to crack the top 45

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The optimistic have us as a possible 11-1, but the Vegas Insider as 26", would I feel project as a probable 9-3 scenario. Personally I think 10-2, will be our record this coming season, good enough to maintain hope and stability in the program. Then again I've been living on hope for quite awhile in regard to our football team.

The optimistic have us as a possible 11-1, but the Vegas Insider as 26", would I feel project as a probable 9-3 scenario. Personally I think 10-2, will be our record this coming season, good enough to maintain hope and stability in the program. Then again I've been living on hope for quite awhile in regard to our football team.

Pretty much... Thanks for the poll's hawaii !

Guest irishrick

hey MUD, YOUR WAIT IS OVER, THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE IRISH, we could go all the way , as Chris Berman likes to say, but i thin we might stumble once with Pitt. GO IRISH :yo::grin::yo:

I think starting the race barely in the top 25 is ideal. I believe that when we hit USC

Perception will have changed and it will be billed as a top ten SHOWDOWN.....Good

Work Hawaii.....you didn't buy all those magazines did you?? I used to buy about 5 or 6

of them.....but since the invention of this here computer I see no further Need!!

Pre season polls are ridiculous.

agreed!

it's great that out of 20 well known pre-season polls meatchicken isn't in anyones top 45.

by years end i think ND will be a top 10 team (should be either 11-1 or 10-2) but the question will be are they legit.

Not really if you go by the thought that a bowl win carries into the next season. Perhaps our guys would've pulled out Pitt if they were ranked (which should've been at 4-1). Mid 20's sounds right and gives plenty of room to move up with the soft schedule.

I don't have a problem with pre-season polls from magazines and the like. They're for entertainment so what is the harm. The problem is that there are pre-season polls that can determine the national championship. Like when Auburn get left out of the National Championship, primarily because they started the season ranked behind the other two undefeated teams. Polls should come out after week 6, with the BCS, so pre-season projections don't play a roll.

Completely instep with how he predicted we'd do the last two years....foresaw a possible BCS last year that fell a little short.

Nice dropping by, enjoy the season fellas.

correct me if i'm wrong, but hasn't he been among the most accurate predictors of CFB teams success?

Oh yeah and in my Lindy's they have us ranked at 37 not 27. Talk about a difference of opinion. I bought Steele's and Lindy's and they couldnt be on more opposite ends of the spectrum. I sure hope Steele continues his streak as the most accurate preseason prognosticator!

and yet, as many have pointed out on here previously, very important. it's vital ND start out in the top 25, IMO.

just for the record, i think they are ridiculous too but this is the system that is in place, so...

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said. I simply meant that it is ridiculous to have speculation weigh so heavily into the season.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said. I simply meant that it is ridiculous to have speculation weigh so heavily into the season.

agree wholeheartedly, and yet, i NEVER hear this simple 'reform' (of not having a poll until, say, week 3 or so) talked about at all, except here. never on espn, etc. i suppose i know why that is, of course...