K. Moore is Irish

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.....looks like the battle has just begun :pray: If the staff does indeed let Moore take OV's to other schools after committing, it might set a dangerous precedence going forward with other recruits.

Previously, Moore mentioned that even after making his verbal commitment he might be interested in taking several official visits during the fall season. That's still his plan, so long as Irish head coach Charlie Weis is on board.

"Yes sir, definitely," Moore said. "I felt like this is the start of my decision. I'm still going to wait throughout the whole season and see what goes on. I haven't talked to coach Weis about it, but I think that's pretty much accurate."

Moore said he's interested in checking out several schools.

"If possible I'd like to visit Florida State and Oregon, South Carolina and maybe Maryland, but that's just if coach Weis wants me to," he said.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=964091

It also said if that is what Charlie Weis wants.

Referring to taking other visits. In my opinion I don't think he will

take other visits once Charlie tells him not too.

Anyway this is a great pickup. I am super excited

about this kid.

Go Irish!

I don't get a great feeling about this one.

When you get engaged, you don't say twice that you are going to still date other girls if your fiance allows it.

A commitment is a commitment. If you don't mean to be COMMITTED then don't make the commitment! JMO

I don't get a great feeling about this one.

When you get engaged, you don't say twice that you are going to still date other girls if your fiance allows it.

A commitment is a commitment. If you don't mean to be COMMITTED then don't make the commitment! JMO

I agree with you. It's the times we live in. These kids really don't see the problem with this. Not only do I suspect Weis will tell him it isn't something he supports but other schools are not going to dole out official visits to kids who insist they are solid to another school. In the "old days" a kid would privately tell the staff at their choice they were coming. Take their visits. Then announce.

There is another factor here also. These kids are advised that committed prospects suffer in rankings and invitations to all-star games. So they immediately announce there is a possibility of them being swayed right after they announce.

Guest Trutrojan24
Well....if she wanted me to.... then.....maybe....you know?

...something tells me Charlie isn't going to be kosher with Moore's "swinger" mentality...

i think you guys are just overreacting a little---first this isnt chris martin that everyone in the country wants-- and he reconsidered on visits---second his parents seem sold lock, stock, and barrel----the kid is answering questions after his press conference-- most likely a little nervous and obviously a little unclear about charlie's policy--lol--- "if coach weis wants me too ill take other visits"-- lol-- personally i find that sorta cute in a youthful naive kind of way!

once he digests whats happpened today i fully expect to hear him RESTATE HIS POSITION ON VISITS WITHIN A SHORT TIME.

we have so many schollies left to give-- im sure we can just push ahead without worrying too much about the solidity of this youngsters commit-- it will work out fine IMO

No way, Hawaii. This kid already has his visits set in his mind that he wants to take. He also says this is the first step in the process. This is someone trying to hold his spot without understanding the real recruiting process. He doesn't understand the process and is clearly not finished.

im sorry-- i guess i have a hard time taking his comment seriously-- he said before he committed that he was going to take his visits-- so maybe he felt honor bound to be consistent-- who knows-- BUT LETS APPLY A LITTLE LOGIC HERE___

CHRIS MARTIN ANNOUNCES HE WILL TAKE VISITS

HART AND CORWIN GET ON THE PHONE AND TAKE A FIT!!!_LOL

CHRIS MARTIN CHANGES HIS POSITION

So now charlie is gonna say oh fine kendall off you go take all the visits you like--- what in gods name do they say to chris martin if that is the policy for kendall

it just doesnt add up

IF KENDALL WANTS TO COMMIT

LIKE CHRIS THE VISITS WILL BE NIXED

OTHERWISE THE COMMIT HAS TO BE RESCINDED OR THE WHOLE SYSTEM FALLS APART

CONCLUSION;

KENDALL WAS GIVING HIS PRE-COMMIT VIEWS- POST- COMMIT OUT OF MACHO OR CONFUSION__ HE WILL CHANGE HIS TUNE QUICLKY__OR CHARLIE WILL HAVE TO DECOMMIT HIM --LOL-- I ASSUME THE FORMER WILL OCCUR VERY SOON!

First, Chris Martin is different, because he really really wants to be Irish and the circumstances surrounding his visits were different. Secondly, Weis won't rescind the schollie simply because Moore wants to take visits. Weis will rescind the schollie if somebody else commits and fills the spot Moore is currently occupying. If somebody else slips into that spot who doesn't want to take visits, they will bump Moore out of that spot, essentially. Moore doesn't know what he really wants, because he doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Martin, on the otherhand, was looking for more exposure at camps that he wasn't able to attend due to his ND commitment. Martin's "looking around" was a ruse to get into more camps.

One of two things is going to happen here. 1. Moore gets the policy talk from CW or CB, he doesn't take any more visits. Yes, Moore's made public he wants to take continue taking visits after he commits. I believe he said this about a month ago so I would assume CW knows of his intentions and will put the nix to them quickly. 2. He decides to take more visits and decommits. I don't think CW will allow him to be "committed" and continue taking visits, so he'll have to de"commit". The problem is Moore left us questioning his "committment" with his recent comments. Other than Chris Martin's situation a few weeks ago, I don't think we're questioning anyone (I could be wrong). Mind you, anything can happen in six months with any one of ND's verbal commits, I understand that, but I'm not questioning anyone else. Maybe he recinds and doesn't take anymore visits. He is pretty siked about getting to work with Chris Martin.

First, Chris Martin is different, because he really really wants to be Irish and the circumstances surrounding his visits were different. Secondly, Weis won't rescind the schollie simply because Moore wants to take visits. Weis will rescind the schollie if somebody else commits and fills the spot Moore is currently occupying. If somebody else slips into that spot who doesn't want to take visits, they will bump Moore out of that spot, essentially. Moore doesn't know what he really wants, because he doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Martin, on the otherhand, was looking for more exposure at camps that he wasn't able to attend due to his ND commitment. Martin's "looking around" was a ruse to get into more camps.

Right! And Moore's looking around (sounds like) just that, (and he made it public) to look around.

Not kosher!