Kendall Moore done taking visits

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

whenever a recruit says he's done taking visits it's irish. We're the only ones that have that policy i believe.

Texas has the same policy. In fact, when CW lost out on some commits a couple of years back (Jersey DL that now plays for Urban Meyer, two guys named Little, and one guy up in Illinois) he talked to Mack Brown about his recruiting policy. Brown said that he does not let committed players visit other schools and that is how he keeps them committed. I'm pretty sure this is how and why he implemented this policy.

Back to Kendall Moore-he announced on his facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=122814314605&h=D88Sh&u=fD7ZY&ref=mf

Texas has the same policy. In fact, when CW lost out on some commits a couple of years back (Jersey DL that now plays for Urban Meyer, two guys named Little, and one guy up in Illinois) he talked to Mack Brown about his recruiting policy. Brown said that he does not let committed players visit other schools and that is how he keeps them committed. I'm pretty sure this is how and why he implemented this policy.

Back to Kendall Moore-he announced on his facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=122814314605&h=D88Sh&u=fD7ZY&ref=mf

Chris Watt took a visit to Iowa. ND was going to take Pollard back after he reneged. And you can bet your bippy no such policy would be in effect if Chris Martin took visits. I don't think Weis ever tried to forbid it. Like all coaches he tries to discourage it. I think the statement was "if you look than we can keep looking". In other words he no longer puts complete faith in kids making "silent" verbals and visiting around after being burned by Benn, Greg Little and 2 others who never came out publicly but had given a verbal. The Oliver kid flat out lied about it last year and was considered expendable.

It's not about taking them back or cutting them off. The point is when a kid is looking, we leave that slot available to the first kid that solidly commits. A kid can reopen his commitment, but we won't hold his spot. If someone else takes the spot, tough luck. We don't cut people off. That would be stupid.

Olayian may not get an offer.

I assume Moore has been offered at MLB? Correct?

If so, we are probably done there if he commits and need 1 to 2 OLB, maybe Olaniyan and Barr? Maybe the reluctance to offer Olaniyan is all the high quality OLB being offered.

yes he's a MLB. Not sure where Barr pans out just yet, but LB looks like a perfect fit.

Did he not perform well today?

he performed well, but we're sitting pretty with Moore & Shembo right now and it looks like we might get both. Shembo may grow into a DL, but Moore is a LB. Moore is announcing July 11th and Shembo is announcing after his VT visit which looks like it's going to be in a month or so.

Why might he not get offered?

Anything to do with him being currently committed to Duke?

nope, just b/c of our positioning with other players at his position. moore is a lb, barr projects as a lb on defense, shembo is considered a lb right now, but could end up at DE and in last year's class we had a great LB haul.

i still hope he gets an offer, but i'm not sure it's going to happen with the recent updates on Moore & Shembo

Zig: I read somewhere yesterday a few recruits were told to call in today at 12:00. Obviously, if we don't hear Olaniyan getting an offer within the next couple of days, he probably won't be getting one for a while, if at all. Correct assumption? I wish he would get one. It sounds like he would love to get an offer, and may commit to us. He says it would be hard to turn ND down if he got offered. I'd like to have a kid with that kind of enthusiasm playing in Blue and Gold.

he performed well, but we're sitting pretty with Moore & Shembo right now and it looks like we might get both. Shembo may grow into a DL, but Moore is a LB. Moore is announcing July 11th and Shembo is announcing after his VT visit which looks like it's going to be in a month or so.

nope, just b/c of our positioning with other players at his position. moore is a lb, barr projects as a lb on defense, shembo is considered a lb right now, but could end up at DE and in last year's class we had a great LB haul.

i still hope he gets an offer, but i'm not sure it's going to happen with the recent updates on Moore & Shembo

Good insights Zig