Sean Robinson QB

i think if we offer this player we get a commit---hes here very soon so we will see-- if you still are interested in 2 QBs i cant think of a better guy to fit the bill--a bit of a freak of an athlete he is 6/5 210 and has a 4.55 forty--- he gained 1000 yards rushing with 8 tds and passed for 1500 with 16 tds--- what i think makes him a great fit is that he also had 33 receptions atover 15 yards per catch

he is the no 10 dual threat QB on rivals-- 3 star on both rivals and scout---- to quote ESPN--" this kid is a very intiguing and really impressive prospect"

he has a pretty good offer list--- BC-- illinois--nebraska- wisconsin-- kansas- iowa--

i agree with espn on this player -- he is very very intriguing!

he seems to really want this offer-- i hope he gets it

Not sure if I'm interested in a dual threat QB... Simply put, it wouldn't fit our system on offense...the only reason Jones got the start two years ago is because Jimmy was hurt and Sharpley was in Charlie's doghouse for playing baseball the previous spring

The problem with DJones is he was not a dual threat. He was an athletic player who couldn't throw. He is still buried in the depth chart in Cincy.

I'd be okay with a dual threat guy as long as he is highly accurate, which is what the pro style offense requires. You don't need to design plays around him, just let him take it a few times a game when a play breaks down to get a critical first down.

I think we take a chance with this guy. We have great coaching for quarterbacks and

this kid could come in and redshirt while learning the system. If he can become a

great thrower we could really have something in a few years. Vince Young looked

horrible throwing the ball when he came to Texas, and then, when it looked like they

were going to lose an early game to Ohio State.....he hits the bomb and has never

looked back. You can't coach height and speed, either you have it or you don't.

If we had a problem with scholarship limits I could see passing on him....but we don't.

The problem with DJones is he was not a dual threat. He was an athletic player who couldn't throw. He is still buried in the depth chart in Cincy.

I'd be okay with a dual threat guy as long as he is highly accurate, which is what the pro style offense requires. You don't need to design plays around him, just let him take it a few times a game when a play breaks down to get a critical first down.

Not only is he burried on the depth chart os Cincy, he is no longer a QB

Guest SirJohn

synoptico is quite correctThe coach had a long talk with Jones. His futre as a QB is nada and thatif he wants to play (I believe)he had to switch to the D side of the ball. He's stepped on every chance he got and seriously has no game presence.

i guess the reason i think this would be a safe offer is because of his height and speed----- if hendrix doesnt work out for some reason-- this guy gives you a completely different look-- so tall he could be coached up to be a fine pocket passer-- so mobile he could be a passer playmaker--- and then if he just doesnt seem to work out as a QB---- UNLIKE DEMETRIUS he looks to be a perfect guy to turn into a WR--- he plays some WR already-- he has that 6/5 height that charlie likes-- and that 4.55 speed that makes WR look very tempting-----originally we wanted two-- now we are all happy with just hendrix--- but bringing in a guy like this-- IMO wont DISCOURAGE a top 5 QB from coming in next year---WILL add depth--- and most likely wont turn into a wasted specualtion or insurance schollie because of his easy shift to WR---in 3 years a 6/5 WR with some speed might be nice to have for two more years---

Not only is he burried on the depth chart os Cincy, he is no longer a QB

Good point. I remember that discussion on another thread now. If he would have changed positions at ND, he would have gone on how CW lied to him during the recruiting process. Now he is beaming about how cool of a guy Brian Kelly is for giving him the opportunity to see the field faster.

Good point. I remember that discussion on another thread now. If he would have changed positions at ND, he would have gone on how CW lied to him during the recruiting process. Now he is beaming about how cool of a guy Brian Kelly is for giving him the opportunity to see the field faster.

Yeah, I see him as the next stud linebacker at Cincy, haha.

How about make him the waterboy and then he can see the field a lot during timeouts...;)

on Power Hour last night Mike Frank made it sound like he knew something from within the football office that we'd be offering another QB soon. Said something like "they just might be offering a QB" .... I have to imagine that means Robinson or Rees if he's right. I hope it's Robinson