Linder and Riggs

da coach

Listen I can't stand Ty and think he is an awful coach and did great harm to our program, but I also believe that Charlie has made a bunch of mistakes - perhaps equal to those of Ty with the exception of recruiting.

dude, i love ya but saying *that* is like saying the maiden voyage of the titanic was great except for that dang iceberg at the end! come on! ty's recruiting IS, WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE then single biggest reason we have been so bad the last two years. depth and talent, depth and talent, depth and talent! gotta have both. we've had neither 'til now...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, i love ya but saying *that* is like saying the maiden voyage of the titanic was great except for that dang iceberg at the end! come on! ty's recruiting IS, WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE then single biggest reason we have been so bad the last two years. depth and talent, depth and talent, depth and talent! gotta have both. we've had neither 'til now...

Listen I agree depth and talent have costs us some games that is for sure and you will never hear me say a good word about Ty - he even blew the "well at least he is a nice guy" when he brought race into it, but he did not costs us Navy, Syracuse, Air Force, or Purdue - those games came down to coaching and lets not even get me started on not being able to get a first down against SC last year - that also is coaching. Let us just agree on this Ty was awful I am willing to pin 60% of our troubles on him, but people also have to realize that 40% of our troubles have been because of CW. I will leave this conversation alone now and hope we can atleast agree on one thing and that is Ty was a scumbag and I think Charlie is a large upgrade over him.

Edited by DScottND

Listen I agree depth and talent have costs us some games that is for sure and you will never hear me say a good word about Ty - he even blew the "well at least he is a nice guy" when he brought race into it, but he did not costs us Navy, Syracuse, Air Force, or Purdue - those games came down to coaching and lets not even get me started on not being able to get a first down against SC last year - that also is coaching. Let us just agree on this Ty was awful I am willing to pin 60% of our troubles on him, but people also have to realize that 40% of our troubles have been because of CW. I will leave this conversation alone now and hope we can atleast agree on one thing and that is Ty was a scumbag and I think Charlie is a large upgrade over him.

sorry, i disagree. for example, we were without floyd for syracuse and navy. what happens? offense tanks! one guy, no matter how talented, should make that kind of difference BUT he did because we didn't have the depth behind him!! talent and depth, talent and depth!

the percentage to me is like 85% ty, 15% CW. do i have to remind you ty signed like TWO OL in his last recruiting class??? that's INSANE! CW had it soooo much worse than even most of us grasped at the time!

look, ndnation did an article a while ago where they did heavy research and found that when CW came in, he was facing the equivalent of the NCAA DEATH PENALTY in terms of number of players because of ty! i mean, that is the beginning, middle and end of the story for me. and yes, i think CW HAS to win at least 9 this year. barring injury to JC, there are no good reasons for us not to be very good this year...

btw, end of thread hijack! sorry!