Fauria Transferring

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to hate our Res Life gestapo... I understand ND's a strict school but to what extent? They do this every freaking year it seems... A molehill turns into a mountain...

I agree I understand holding people to a higher stand, but there is a limit and reslife must also show good judgement - sometimes I think these people get their rocks off treating these kids this way and don't realize that they are possibly ruining these kids life.

I don't know what the misconduct was-- but i will defer to DonJuan on the gestapo opinion-- i have a low opinion of those who abuse their petty authority -- and exercise it to a fault ,often for the main reason of making themselves more important--- ill leave it their as a general statement

However on the football front alone-- i dont think this matters much--THE LOSS WAS THIS YEAR-- WE NEEDED HIM THIS YEAR-- next year is another story and a long way away----Rudolph-Ragone-Eifert-Welch-- many dare to compare Welch to Rudolph in a favorable way!

so bummer yes-- but the bummer was a few days ago when this happened--moving on the loss of a good player with alot of potential that HASN'T YET PLAYED ANY MEANIGFUL DOWNS-- just isnt that bad for the team--

After readin that article-- i will say he sounds like a man who was treated UNJUSTLY-- i think there was surprising passion there-- personally i think there should be some responsibilty on the part of those who suspended him initially-- to defend what and why they feel justified--- YOU CANT just completely run over a guys reputation- all his hard work-- and all his aspirations--- AND THEN HIDE BEHIND THE ANNONYMITY OF DELEGATED AUTHORITY--- Fauria has his release-- i would recommend he tells us what it was-- "THAT WE WOULNDT BELIVE"-- cause that rings true-- and i think some pressure needs to be brought on those who made this decision to justify it!

Fauria made a very lively defense of himself-- he took responsilbility only for a minor infraction--- so lets find out what went on---writing this off as just being strict--IMO WILL NOT DUE IN THIS CASE_GIVEN THE OUTSPOKEN AND PASSIONATE DEFENSE BY THE ACCUSED!

Too me personally-- this smells to high heaven of authority abused!!!!!!!

I don't know what the misconduct was-- but i will defer to DonJuan on the gestapo opinion-- i have a low opinion of those who abuse their petty authority -- and exercise it to a fault ,often for the main reason of making themselves more important--- ill leave it their as a general statement

However on the football front alone-- i dont think this matters much--THE LOSS WAS THIS YEAR-- WE NEEDED HIM THIS YEAR-- next year is another story and a long way away----Rudolph-Ragone-Eifert-Welch-- many dare to compare Welch to Rudolph in a favorable way!

so bummer yes-- but the bummer was a few days ago when this happened--moving on the loss of a good player with alot of potential that HASN'T YET PLAYED ANY MEANIGFUL DOWNS-- just isnt that bad for the team--

You are dead wrong.

This is terrible for the team.

It hurts the depth at Tight End. Rudolph is fine but we don't know Ragone condition. And the freshman aren't ready. We are trying to get away from the inexperience.

It hurts the moral of the team especially with his close friends.

It hurts the recruitment of players wondering if the lifestyle at ND is stiff and no fun.

Plus, how can you not like a 6'7" tight end that can block and catch?

C'mon.

You are dead wrong.

It hurts the recruitment of players wondering if the lifestyle at ND is stiff and no fun.

I think this might be the biggest thing that comes out of this. This point worries me far more than depth chart this season.

georgiairish--- i think you misunderstood my point-- not only do i agree that this is a blow to the team-- with the loss of tight end 3 and all that means to weis style of play- and to the depth chart---

i also agree with the other points mentioned-- dealing out severe punishment for minor infractions -- not only hurts the team-- the player-- the ongoing recruting efforts ( where in this case negative recruiting about how unfailry harsh discipline can be, may be true)---

the only point i was making is with regards to his transfer and next year--- next years team-- next years depth chart-- next years play--- IMO the damage to the team was done when JOE was kicked out---and it was immediate damage--- The damage next year will be negligible with welch and eifert---- but i in no way want to diminsh the unfortunate impact we face now-- and i'm very upset at not being able to judge the judges on this matter! aloha

Eric Hanson said on Weekday Sportsbeat that he knows what Fuaria did and he said, "I would not have grounded my kids for this". Said the punishment was totally inappropriate. He would not say what it was. Said Fauria was in tears about the whole matter and definitely didn't want to leave but Res Life basically overstepping their bounds.

WOW!!!!

There needs to be some type of Alumni protest!

I agree with that 100% speedster-- if there is no recourse- no appeal - even if the punishment goes way overboard--- then there has to at least be some accountablity for those who judge

if there is not-- if we let what seems to be quite an outrageous decision ,go completely unchallenged-- WE INVITE IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN

Guest irishrick

wELL HE EXPLAINED HIS SIDE , WHY DOESN'T THE UNIVERSITY EXPLAIN OR ERIC EXPLAIN , THE HELL WITH FOOTBALL STATUS , IMO THIS KID SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, nOW INSTEAD HE HAS TO GO TO A SCHOOL THAT DON'T GIVE A HOOT ABOUT BEING A GOOD PERSON , uNLESS I HEAR OF A VALID REASON FOR THIS, I'M AFRAID THAT THE SUPPORT OF N.D. WILL DIMINISH SOMEWHAT? WHAT SAY YOU ?:(:-x:-x

I agree, it makes nd's res-life sound bad. It is so odd, that some schools' programs protect their players so much and we.... we force good kids out... these are kids for gosh sake... they make mistakes, you do not make examples of kids. IMHO.

This seems to be a big mess. If the kid did something minor and they have exceeded the normal punishment, then the athletic program needs to get a few people to review this.

To lose a good kid to nonsense would really be a shame. Sometimes these idiots get off on kicking a kid who is an athlete. I wonder if they would have handled it the same way if the student was a potential Rhodes Scholar or a Fulbright candidate? I wonder if this is not a shot at the football program.:mad2:

georgiairish--- i think you misunderstood my point-- not only do i agree that this is a blow to the team-- with the loss of tight end 3 and all that means to weis style of play- and to the depth chart---

i also agree with the other points mentioned-- dealing out severe punishment for minor infractions -- not only hurts the team-- the player-- the ongoing recruting efforts ( where in this case negative recruiting about how unfailry harsh discipline can be, may be true)---

the only point i was making is with regards to his transfer and next year--- next years team-- next years depth chart-- next years play--- IMO the damage to the team was done when JOE was kicked out---and it was immediate damage--- The damage next year will be negligible with welch and eifert---- but i in no way want to diminsh the unfortunate impact we face now-- and i'm very upset at not being able to judge the judges on this matter! aloha

I did misunderstand. Sorry about that.

with the way he talks it sounds like he probably pulled a prank on a friend and got in trouble for it

i know we pull pranks on eachother in the dorms all the time at umich

ive walked up the ladder to my bunk so many times and jumped in bed just to hit straight wood..

i dont know its a prank.. just sounds like it with his tone..

the "fun-loving" stuff.. etc