Lets be honest here

Guest Irishforlife69

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are probably smoking crack to think that.

Not really. Our '07 team could probably win 7 games against this schedule... You must not have watched last season's losses very closely. 4 double-digit blown saves to say the least...and in the second half no less. Check your facts.

To be honest I was enjoying the comedy - I think both of these new posters are one guy playing with each other. I don't see how we could not win 8 games - I think my old HS coach who led us to an incredible winless season could put together 8 wins w/ this schedule and talent. I am thinking 8-9 range - which for the record is not good enough for me.

To be honest I was enjoying the comedy - I think both of these new posters are one guy playing with each other. I don't see how we could not win 8 games - I think my old HS coach who led us to an incredible winless season could put together 8 wins w/ this schedule and talent. I am thinking 8-9 range - which for the record is not good enough for me.

"9-3 is not good enough" in his own words... I agree DScott, 9 wins and he should be replaced, if there is someone better we could get...

I am utterly confused right now guys... How is 7 wins smoking crack? I think that is very very conservative. I think that 9-3 with a bowl victory is very do-able. I believe we are easily capable of much more than that as well. I believe the difference between 9-3(plus bowl win) and a BCS birth is in taking every game extremely serious and NEVER taking our foot off of the gas. Last season when we were ahead we would just try to coast, i hated it! This is all based on the assumption that out o-line play improves and helps our running game though. remember CW's offense is based on the credible threat of the 4-6yds/rush threat to set up the play action, etc. while i was a critic of d-walk, he at least made teams hesitate and look for the run.

I agree with with the previous post of "smoking crack" Until I see weis do something with the talent he gets I am not trusting these what i have seen before as over-hypings.

He had some decent talent in '05 (and '06) that he inherited from Willingham. He managed to take us to a pair of BCS games with what he had to work with back then. This coming season he has a much more talented roster with which to work.

Either the first two years under Weis were flukes and he has since been found out, and he is not a very good game day coach or motivator (though a good recruiter). In which case we will disappointingly underachieve in 2009 and he'll be looking for a return to the NFL come Christmas.

Or...he is actually a good head coach of a team with talent and experience (just not so hot when all he has left to work with is the dregs of some mediocre Willingham classes, and some talented but terribly inexperienced new recruits). In which case we could well finish the season with wins in double figures and a return to a BCS game. Hell, we might even win it this time! :)

Personally I think - and hope - that the latter is the case.

To be honest I was enjoying the comedy - I think both of these new posters are one guy playing with each other.

thats what i was thinking

i dont know why everyone is welcoming bushpush so readily, he seems to be flaming also, just in a less obvious manner

Edited by Paulo1300

Guest irishrick

this will be a great year, the schedule is good, Isee aminimum 0f 11 wins and we will beat usc,Mstate or BC is a problem, as they seem to play just enough to upset the irish , we will et a BCS bowl game and win that . :grin::yo:

Just to clarify, BushPush was not the person I banned and deleted... It was IrishNDfan69 or something to that effect... But it wasn't BP, just so you all know. :grin:

BP's crack-smoking jab did not upset me nor cross any lines, although it was a bit crass.