Watt & Z. Martin are rooming together

Fox & Calabrese are rooming together

C. Wood & Riddick are rooming together

Edited by irishziggy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm so excited for some football updates about these freshmen, regarding numbers, do you think ND gives Manti no. 5? I seem to remember reading something about that awhile back but who knows.

While were on the subject of uniforms and numbers, I was wondering what everyone's feelings were about putting names on the back of jersey's? (Not meaning to hijack this thread, but just curious.) I've seen alot of people get excited after the Hawaii game and I never understood why ND would even consider doing that for the regular season.

I like the fact that the names aren't on the back of their jersey's because it gives you the feel that there really isn't an individual effort, it's the entire team, were not gonna single someone out, but that's just my take.

BTW - I know all three Early Enrollee's roomed together for the spring, is there any chance that it stays the same or no?

Man I'm so excited for some football updates about these freshmen, regarding numbers, do you think ND gives Manti no. 5? I seem to remember reading something about that awhile back but who knows.

While were on the subject of uniforms and numbers, I was wondering what everyone's feelings were about putting names on the back of jersey's? (Not meaning to hijack this thread, but just curious.) I've seen alot of people get excited after the Hawaii game and I never understood why ND would even consider doing that for the regular season.

I like the fact that the names aren't on the back of their jersey's because it gives you the feel that there really isn't an individual effort, it's the entire team, were not gonna single someone out, but that's just my take.

BTW - I know all three Early Enrollee's roomed together for the spring, is there any chance that it stays the same or no?

I hope Manti will get #5, but I'm not sure it's going to happen b/c Cierre Wood chose #20 over #24 b/c a senior DB has it already.

And I dont even think "names on the back for the reg season" is worth the convo. It's not gonna happen. For Bowls, yes, but not the reg season.

I could maybe see Manti getting #5, but the problem is both he and Armando could be on the field at the same time for special teams, which means that they can't share the same number (This is probably the same reason that Wood didn't get #24 with Gordon already having it).

Apparently they never plan to play EJ on special teams since he and Rudy share the same number.

Being a hardcore Barry Sanders fan I love that cierre got number 20. No offense to Lambert but i have been hoping this number would go to a gamebreaking back someday. I think Wood might be just that guy. Go IRISH!

p.s. How sad am i, excited about players being assigned numbers. Thanks goodness for DD. You guys make the off season tolerable!

Being a hardcore Barry Sanders fan I love that cierre got number 20. No offense to Lambert but i have been hoping this number would go to a gamebreaking back someday. I think Wood might be just that guy. Go IRISH!

p.s. How sad am i, excited about players being assigned numbers. Thanks goodness for DD. You guys make the off season tolerable!

it is truly sad. if it makes you feel any better i was thrilled when Floyd got #3 last year b/c it meant i could break out the old jersey.

I love this time of year too, when the frosh hit campus and get assigned numbers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Riddick get a number under 20, like 11.

Speaking of numbers, I'd also love to see D. Walker really step up quickly. It's been a while since we've had an impact player wear #1. Has it been since D. Mayes?

I love this time of year too, when the frosh hit campus and get assigned numbers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Riddick get a number under 20, like 11.

Speaking of numbers, I'd also love to see D. Walker really step up quickly. It's been a while since we've had an impact player wear #1. Has it been since D. Mayes?

#11 is Shaq Evans I believe

Guest Rudyismyhomeboy
Why do we care who rooms together. As a fellow dude I don't want to think about dudes rooming together. Lets stick to football.

I agree, I know what he was getting at, but let's keep it to football, eh? They also don't let freshman football players room together

Guest Rudyismyhomeboy
Welcome to DD HomeBoy! :grin:

Thanks man!! So far this site seems pretty good! I'll be attending ND in the fall and I'm trying to get some info so I don't look so out of place lol