source says Hendrix leaning ND

ohioirishfan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Trutrojan24

...that site is worthless, the author probably saw the headline about him almost committing and decided to pass it off as his own...

Guest BobbyC

i don't think he's passing it off as his own... i think he just collects information from various sites and puts it all in one place so people can see what is happening nationally in recruiting.

however, i do agree that he probably saw the headline on rivals or scout after he visited and that is how he got the information...

i think that the author of that site just tries to get all the information together that he can

I don't know about this other source, but on ESPN in the college football recruiting Hendrix says...

"There will be a lot of factors, but the three are a good academic school, football wise a school with a lot of tradition, and finally a place I can be happy for four years even without football."

I don't know how good OSU's academics are (my feeling is not good), but to me this is saying ND. The other thing he mentioned is that he is choosing sometime soon and that ND & OSU are definetly in his final 5 with some un-named others.

If he is choosing soon, doesn't even know the ones other than ND & OSU, & ND is the better academic school, I think ND is in the driver's seat on this one.

javascript:window.open('http://www.rivals.com/radiostream.asp?SID=1135&TYPE=WM&cl_key=4798','rivalsradio','height=370,width=728');void('');

The guy probably got his info here. This is a nice segment from rivals radio with Mike Farrell that covers Nick Montana, Michigan recruiting and the whole Hendrix situation. Basically says Hendrix is a lean to ND but could end up at OSU. http://www.rivalsradio.com is a free site.

sometimes when these youngsters say they want good academics... they just want good and easy academics... The young men that do end up choosing ND are good men that understand hard work is a healthy part of becoming great at anything. I think those quotes sound like an ND lean too, but you never know till they get on campus.

sometimes when these youngsters say they want good academics... they just want good and easy academics... The young men that do end up choosing ND are good men that understand hard work is a healthy part of becoming great at anything. I think those quotes sound like an ND lean too, but you never know till they get on campus.

as an example....Theo Riddick....

"I could have went to other schools that said, 'Oh yeah, there's a great chance you'll be starting your freshman year,'" Riddick said. "I'm the type of guy who likes to work and likes to earn it. That's how I did it in high school. That's why I really love Notre Dame. They don't promise you anything."

I don't know about this other source, but on ESPN in the college football recruiting Hendrix says...

"There will be a lot of factors, but the three are a good academic school, football wise a school with a lot of tradition, and finally a place I can be happy for four years even without football."

I don't know how good OSU's academics are (my feeling is not good), but to me this is saying ND. The other thing he mentioned is that he is choosing sometime soon and that ND & OSU are definetly in his final 5 with some un-named others.

If he is choosing soon, doesn't even know the ones other than ND & OSU, & ND is the better academic school, I think ND is in the driver's seat on this one.

How many times do you hear this out of a recruit's mouth and the obvious pick is ND but does not go with ND.

How many times do you hear this out of a recruit's mouth and the obvious pick is ND but does not go with ND.

It's an "obvious pick" to the fanatic ND base who believes the moment a recruit says "I want a good education" they assume that means ND or maybe Stanford. Maybe though, the recruit figures he can get a good education elsewhere and he'd be right. You also have to factor in the "look good for mama" part. Mama says: Now, I want you to get a good education and it would be nice if you played well enough to get an NFL deal to take care of me for the rest of my life." So Recruit goes public with his desire for a good education and Mama smiles.

The one bit of math all recruits should learn before signing with a school for NFL purposes is that the percentage who actually sign a contract is pretty small. And yes, I know you're different Mr. Recruit #2,008, 937, but your knee is about to blow. Get a freakin' degree.

I heard somewhere that Hendrix wants to go to med school after college if the NFL doesn't present itself to him. Given those aspirations, I highly doubt a challenging education is something that would deter him. In fact, I think it is something he would value. My conclusion on Hendrix, unlike others who claim education is important, is that he is not giving it lip service. It really is important to him. Hopefully I'm right.

You are right Blarney, I watched the video, he wants to be a surgeon actually so we know what happened to the last want to be med student at OSU, Robert Smith anyone?

Now I am not sure how that will all play out but assuming he wants a shot at running then team, he would only be one year behind Pryor and will stay there as long as Pryor is there but who knows if Pryor goes pro...I'd start the "watch" anytime after junior year so Hendrix would wait as long behind Dayne but I think our QB situation is better at ND and he does seem like a real student athlete, think he has a 3.5gpa... we'll see soon enough but I like our chances here...doesnt hurt that it looks like hometown boy BQ is starting of as the apparent starter with Browns as well

Wouldn't most of the other colleges say that the recruit can get a good education at that school. I would not think any school would say come here as it is easy and our education sucks. All schools think they are good academic school or they would not have any students go there. Just go out and look at some other school's website.

I went out to o$u's website and found this on the home page:

Ohio State grads plan to "Do Something Great"

Grads have impressive achievements in academics, community service, study abroad, and research

The company I work for is out of Columbus, OH and they think that o$u has great academics.

Even U$C has on the home page:

Located in the heart of Los Angeles, the University of Southern California is one of the world’s leading private research universities.

scUM even talks about all the great things they have done.

It is really up to the recruit to figure out how good the academics are, but they are hearing the same thing from most schools on how good the academics are at that school. I can understand that most ND fans think the recruit is just saying this, but they are hearing if from most schools.

also if a kid is serious about education then he can get a great education anywhere. the thing that sets ND apart is the challenge, ND is much more challenging for every student. they dont have intro to basket weaving and all those other cake courses. that's why kids who come to ND have to be committed to academics as well as football. it's not necessarily lip service. some kids can push themselves at other schools (i.e. Myron Rolle @ FSU), but the school's demands arent as high as ND.