Non-Homers of the board unite!!!

Guest rocketsan22

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a loaded question. I'm a "homer" of all that is Notre Dame, yet I keep my feet planted when it comes to opining the Irish's upcoming season. I'd love for them to go undefeated just like everyone here, but I also keep it realistic. I think they could be very good this year but I also think it could go the other way. Let's just hope it's the prior! Go Irish!

I think this is a loaded question. I'm a "homer" of all that is Notre Dame, yet I keep my feet planted when it comes to opining the Irish's upcoming season. I'd love for them to go undefeated just like everyone here, but I also keep it realistic. I think they could be very good this year but I also think it could go the other way. Let's just hope it's the prior! Go Irish!

This goes for me too. I'm not convinced in the offensive "genius" that is CW.

I'm with ya. I hope like hell they win em all but I sense 3 losses this year and just miss a BCS game. I pull hard for Charlie but I'm not quiet sold yet. BUT... Whenever I think this way I'm usually way off and they suprise me and exceed my expectations. :)

If you get to test it out for four years, and you're still not convinced, then there is a good chance the product is faulty.

"If you're not completely satisfied, return your Coach within 1500 days for a full refund."

If you are truly ND fans (and I believe you are), you guys are in a no win situation. If ND losses your team losses. If ND wins, you have to listen to all the optimists tell you how wrong you were plus you missed on the excitement of this offseason.

Let it go. They kept Weis. It is out of your control for now. Pray for an undefeated season and have fun!

If they lose more than they should you can call for Weis' head again next year.

For now, get excited about Floyd, Tate, Rudolph, H & B Smith, Walls/Blanton/McNeil/Gray/Slaughter, Clausen (at least believe there is a ray of hope he is good next year), Armando, KLM, Ethan J, etc.

Try to guess which freshman will have an impact like Floyd (Teo?). Try to predict which player will make major strides to have an impact like Golden did (Jonas? Oline? Aldridge? Walker?).

I'm not saying your wrong. That would be a waste of breath. I'm saying you are missing out on the excitement. Even if you're right. What's the point of being an ND fan if you can't get excited about the possibility (even if remote) of success?

Go Irish 2009 and 2010!!!!!

Edited by SpeedsterX

If you are truly ND fans (and I believe you are), you guys are in a no win situation. If ND losses your team losses. If ND wins, you have to listen to all the optimists tell you how wrong you were plus you missed on the excitement of this offseason.

Let it go. They kept Weis. It is out of your control for now. Pray for an undefeated season and have fun!

If they lose more than they should you can call for Weis' head again next year.

For now, get excited about Floyd, Tate, Rudolph, H & B Smith, Walls/Blanton/McNeil/Gray/Slaughter, Clausen (at least believe there is a ray of hope he is good next year), Armando, KLM, Ethan J, etc.

Try to guess which freshman will have an impact like Floyd (Teo?). Try to predict which player will make major strides to have an impact like Golden did (Jonas? Oline? Aldridge? Walker?).

I'm not saying your wrong. That would be a waste of breath. I'm saying you are missing out on the excitement. Even if you're right. What's the point of being an ND fan if you can't get excited about the possibility (even if remote) of success?

Go Irish 2009 and 2010!!!!!

I'll speak for myself here and say that I want all the optimists tell me how wrong I was. I want above anything else with ND football to go undefeated and win a national championship, period.

I want to hear "I told you so" at the end of this year. Nothing kills your excitement than being disappointed after a loss and it's happened too often these past two years. But, I haven't lost hope. It's just that I like being realistic.

I'll speak for myself here and say that I want all the optimists tell me how wrong I was. I want above anything else with ND football to go undefeated and win a national championship, period.

I want to hear "I told you so" at the end of this year. Nothing kills your excitement than being disappointed after a loss and it's happened too often these past two years. But, I haven't lost hope. It's just that I like being realistic.

OK ... So you are keeping it in perspective so you won't be disappointed when we beat Nevada by 1 instead of 30, or Michigan by 4 instead of 24, or lose to MSU, USC, BC, etc... I guess I can buy that. I'm still a homer. I'm so much of a homer I think our OLine will be the big Golden Tate type impact improvement this year.

OK ... So you are keeping it in perspective so you won't be disappointed when we beat Nevada by 1 instead of 30, or Michigan by 4 instead of 24, or lose to MSU, USC, BC, etc... I guess I can buy that. I'm still a homer. I'm so much of a homer I think our OLine will be the big Golden Tate type impact improvement this year.

That's a good way of putting it. Sad when you think about it.....expecting losses to the three teams you mentioned. I remember when I was disappointed after every loss. Now some losses are expected.

I miss Lou.

I think there will only be one game that we are not favored by the 'experts'. All the

arrows are pointing up. Practically every position on the team is improved and depth

is finally appearing. Each week everyoine's PERCEPTION will change. It will go up and

up and up.

I think there will only be one game that we are not favored by the 'experts'. All the

arrows are pointing up. Practically every position on the team is improved and depth

is finally appearing. Each week everyoine's PERCEPTION will change. It will go up and

up and up.

There is always hope with perception from a higher place! :amen:

Texas Rose

Guest Trutrojan24

...people are talking about ND football in this thread, seems like it should be in general discussion, no big deal or anything...