Looks like Thomas drops ND

ohioirishfan

I just looked over the scout profiles, and Peter Thomas, qb from CA, no longer shows interest in ND. So I am not sure if he wasnt that into us from the start, or if since we haven't come through with an offer he got pissed and dropped us.

If we miss out on Montana which could happen, and Hendrix maybe goes to OSU, then where do we got to get one qb much less two? Massa I guess is a possibility. What do you guys think we do?

id imagine the staff told him he wasnt getting offered.

i thought the same thing when i read a recent article on him and he didnt mention ND.

apparently Hendrix is really high on ND, so that's good. If we could get Hendrix and/or Montana then I'm happy with the QB class. Hendrix is apparently climbing the boards across the nation.

id imagine the staff told him he wasnt getting offered.

i thought the same thing when i read a recent article on him and he didnt mention ND.

apparently Hendrix is really high on ND, so that's good. If we could get Hendrix and/or Montana then I'm happy with the QB class. Hendrix is apparently climbing the boards across the nation.

still don't get it.

I'm pulling for either Montana or Hendrix. I like to think most college coaches are extremely knowledgeable about the kind of players they want in their system- if Weis and his staff are confident in these offers, I'm confident as well. Just hope they can grab one of the two.

still don't get it.

i fig'd he would've gotten a lot more offers by now esp with his early rivals ranking, but there has to be something that's keeping everyone from offering b/c it's not just ND.

His only FBS offers are: Arizona St, Maryland, BC, Northwestern, & Colo St.

Guest Trutrojan24

...he's slow as mollasses, only way schools are willing to overlook that is if you have a Ryan Mallett level cannon (which he doesn't have)...

here's what Allen Wallace thinks...

From the tape I've seen, Thomas has nice accuracy and size. His arm's okay but nothing great. Looks strong on short throws but not much zip on some of his longer passes.

I think he needs a lot of improvement on his footwork as he seems to hop around too much in the pocket.

I'd say he's still a wait-and-see guy which seems to be the offer approach from a lot of schools - as he has been heavily evaluated.

I think decision-making is a key component of a QB's evaluation and Thomas just rears back and heaves it to his main target out of the huddle. I haven't seen him change focus to different routes.

It's impossible to say how much overall presence he's really got in my mind and his tape doesn't show how he reacts to pressure - another key element for me. Throwing the ball in the face of rushers has so much to say about a QB's ability to get the job done.

I once asked Norm Chow what the most important thing he looks for when evaluating a QB. He said to me, "First, he's gotta be like Carson Palmer. He's got to be able to throw through people right in his face. He can't back down."

Thomas has nice size but his tape doesn't show much about escapabilty or any sense in the pocket.

Need to see him in action a lot more, throwing to a greater variety of targets, throwing under pressure and making plays. As I said earlier, I'd like to see him stop hopping into his throws.

Classic wait-and-see guy for me who could turn out pretty good if he works significantly on his weaknesses. Just don't know yet.

Allen Wallace

National recruiting editor of Scout.com and publisher of SuperPrep magazine

Guest blacksox
AND where did you read that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4227988&name=West_Recruiting

Montana set to make last visit

Wednesday, June 3, 2009 | Print Entry

Posted by Greg Biggins

Quarterback Nick Montana (Westlake Village, Calif./Oaks Christian) will take one last unofficial visit this weekend and his decision could come sooner rather than later.

He has been all over the country checking out some of the top programs in the nation. Oklahoma, Ohio State, Texas, Notre Dame, LSU and Alabama are just a few of the schools the talented signal caller has visited.

This weekend, Montana will take a visit closer to home and check out the Washington Huskies. According to Montana, this will likely be his last unofficial visit.

"This is going to be it for me," Montana said. "I'm excited to see Washington and I have a good relationship with coach [steve] Sarkisian. I'm getting close to really narrowing my list down. Washington is up there and if I had a good visit, they could move to the top so we'll see how it goes."

In previous conversations, Montana said the three schools that made the biggest impact on his unofficial visits were Ohio State, Georgia and Alabama. The Tide have since landed a commitment from Phillip Sims, so it's doubtful Montana will still look in that direction.

Montana's quarterback coach, Steve Clarkson, told me earlier in the week that if the visit goes well in Seattle, he wouldn't be surprised to see the quarterback commit on the visit.

"Nah, I don't think I'll commit anywhere right away," Montana said. "After my trip, I'm going to want to sit down with my family and try and figure out where the best place is and I don't want to make any emotional decisions. When you commit on a visit, it's kind of an emotional thing and I want to stay away from that. Right now, I'm just looking forward to seeing what the school has to offer."

Another interesting twist in all this is if Washington would take a commitment from Montana. They have offers out to Jake Heaps and Jesse Scroggins, but neither player should be considered a Husky lock at the moment. Heaps sounds like a BYU lean and Scroggins is still wide open.

It could come down to the old bird in the hand theory where it's better to take a player who is ready to commit now then hold off and risk losing everyone.

Wow.....WTF. You can read into it one of two ways.....Montana has been to ND numerous times and his brother currently plays there so the visit would not come as much as a surprise as schools where he has never stepped foot on campus and doesn't know the atmosphere there.....or Montana just isn't that interested in ND. I think the latter.

Maybe instead of 'Thomas drops ND' it should read 'ND drops Thomas'?

He wouldn't drop interest if he hadn't been told that an offer was not likely. The coaches have gone through the evaluation phase and seem to be going in the other direction. I'll trust the experts.

I think Montana goes elsewhere. I think Hendrix will give us a look but probably goes to OSU.

If both of those things happen, who do we get? Massa is a possibility but he is not the stud I think we all hoped we would get this year. Do you guys know of any other possibilities?

Guest Trutrojan24
I think Montana goes elsewhere. I think Hendrix will give us a look but probably goes to OSU.

If both of those things happen, who do we get? Massa is a possibility but he is not the stud I think we all hoped we would get this year. Do you guys know of any other possibilities?

...ND just had unfortunate timing, they need to take 2 QBs in a class that is ridiculously weak at the position. IMO ND would be better off taking 1 QB this year and shooting for a stud next class...

Guest irishrick

Rivals has Welsh ranked 10th and a 4-star: , he was recruited by coach tenuta, thats all i need to know . go Irish ;)