yanks or sox??

Guest gallup21

Guest gallup21

i was just wondering, if you guys had to choose between yankees or red sox, who would you guys pick? i think rick is a sox fan and ryan 'stros? im YANKEES ALL THE WAY even though im from boston suburb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gallup21

shamrock, whats your sport? soccer, football, lacrosse, hockey, basketballl? i play soccer and football w/friends but am a HUGE baseball fan

Guest Shamrock83

football is definitely my main sport... I guess I would put basketball at second although I am becoming disgusted with the NBA.. I should get into college basketball

Guest SirJohn

Hmmm?

Well I grew up Yankees fan per my Dad. Showed me fast ball, knuckle ball and curve. None of which I could duplicate. Explained Peg Leg bates satchel Page none of wich you guys even know of the old Negro League.

That's what it was called guys don't jump on me. Pee Wee Reese here opened it up.

Then Dummy Hoy. Somebody you don't know who never made it yet into baseball Hall of fame. Just a deaf baseball player. Pete Rose you want in? Go suck a popcycle.

http://deafness.about.com/cs/sports/a/dummyhoy.htm

I used to get tired of seeing stars in your historybook preform. Dad would fall asleep himself in the game I'd switch channels and he would instantly know it turn it back to the game.

I have no use for multimillion guys adusting his jockstrap, spitting adusting his helmet, scratching or using rosin or dirt on his bat 14 minutes of my life before he wiffs the first pitch.

If we get back to what I used to see maybe i\I won't switch channels. Sorry Dad I didn't appreciate it all back then.

Guest irishrick

irish rock, red sox fan always, yanks are a good team ,but monies, can do wonders, just about everyone is a darn million dollar man, just give me the guys that want to play, even the red sox are into this money crap, just to keep up with the evil empire, to bad its all about the big dollar :(

Guest irishrick

irish rock, red sox fan always, yanks are a good team ,but monies, can do wonders, just about everyone is a darn million dollar man, just give me the guys that want to play, even the red sox are into this money crap, just to keep up with the evil empire, to bad its all about the big dollar :(

Guest bluester2000

I hate pretty much everyone here.

I'm a fan of aggresive revenue sharing and a salary basement (so teams like KC can't pocket the revenue sharing money without spending any profit on the team).

Also the Cleveland Indians. Just tell me you don't LOVE Major League (Charlie Sheen, Tom Berringer, Wesley Snipes). Tribe is going to make a run this season.

The girlfriend is from the Bay Area so I have a passing interest in the Giants and Athletics (although I don't like Bonds, Giambi, McGwire... umm just think of any 'roided up meat head of the late 90s and early 00s).

I may be getting a Fantasy Baseball League going on Yahoo. Anyone interested?

Guest gallup21

blue, Giambi's been my favorite player since 3rd grade on the A's that was the pre-steroids era, but i still idolize him and also Jeter i think is a great role model, even if he does get paid millions

Guest bluester2000

was there a pre-steroid giambi? i mean seriously, he didn't get really huge until about 5 seasons ago, but this balco thing goes back 10-15 years before giambi was even in the majors, and it's possible to be on steroids without looking like it... the guys who do look like it have just figured out the best ways to beat the system.

and jeter is the most overrated player on the planet... not his fault, blame those bastards up in bristol, but dude gets way too much credit and A-rod should be playing short (he's a significantly better defensive shortstop or at least was before his move to 3rd)

Guest gallup21

blue about the jeter thing, if anyones over rated its manny he gets paid about $200,000 more than jeter, may not seem like much but to me its huge, and sure manny hits all those home runs, brings a water bottle into left field w/him, he crawls away from the "Fenway Faithful" into the green monster, and he whines about being traded because his atrociously huge ritz hotel/house type thing doesnt give him enough privacy jeter has the turn 2 foundation, ever read his autobiography? its good, got straight A's in highschool, great person, concentrates on the game, doesnt worry about the fans, and will cut his face flipping into the stands after a baseball in july!! 8/1/04 (red sox yankees @ yankee stadium) and even being a former A's fan, i almost forgot to mention how he ran across the diamong to get the cutoff throw by paul oneill and flipped it to jorge for the out! ive got a picture of that in my room, so im just saying how can you call jeter over rated? sure he doesnt hit 40+ HR's a year, and doesnt knock in 140+, but atleast he gives it all, and doesnt pull a hammy on a walk to first base cough MANNY cough, sorry if im picking on a certain player but i get a ton of b.s about jeter and the gang at school, living in boston its not easy

Guest gallup21

and one more thing, i havent looked at stats on this so im not sure, but A-Rod i think is a better 3B than jeter could ever be, jeters a natural ss and a-rod can play any but jeter will do ANYTHING possible to get the out my personal favorite is a high chooping ball to short, jeter runs in and stands on one foot while he chucks it sidearm to giambi for the out

if i HAD to choose between the Red Sox and the Yankees id choose the Red Sox ..but i guess to me that would be like choosing to get smashed in my right foot with a hammer over getting smashed in my left foot with a hammer, because id rather not choose either :?

being that i live somewhat close to Toronto id pick the Blue Jays. they finally have a chance to spend some money and hopefully compete on the same level as the Sox and Yanks, allthough i still think the Jays are a 3rd place team, and im not happy with some of the current Jays and what they plan to do (platoon in LF with Catalanotto/Johnson, and i dont care much for Aaron Hill or Russ Adams)

i also like the Indians. they have some really good young players(Sizemore/Peralta/Martinez/Hafner) plus i really liked Crisp, and would have prefered the Jays tried to go after him.

i dont like the Yankees, and was happy/excited last year when the fell down into 4th place and struggled alot with their starting pitching. i still hope this season they struggle with their pitching, but they do have a monster offensive lineup

i have more to add.

last year i thought Red Sox DH David Ortiz should have won the MVP over Alex Rodriguez. i dont remember exactly, but im pretty sure it was ESPN that said/showed that Ortiz stats came more in late game/game winning situations where Rodriguez's didnt come in those type of situations.

im also biased because i dont like the Yankees, plus it would have been nice to see Ortiz with an MVP because it would have also helped me ..i have a David Ortiz autographed baseball card from 1997 when he was with the Twins, and im sure if he had won that MVP my card would have increased in price :D

Guest gallup21

i know how you feel with the ortiz autograph, i have a giambi on a (champ should know this place) and in-n-out burger bag, but that was before people realized he was on steroids

Guest Champion10

Eat at In-n-out all the time with my buddies :D . I have Giambi's autograph as well(on a card). My mother knew his ex-wife and got him to sign some things(after they split up). I got some really personal stuff like his hat, bats... from when he was in highschool.