ND Basketball....

ND FANATIC

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ND has a shot to be the best of the best (teams who didnt make the tourney). Kentucky is a bad team this year. I cant believe guys were talking about this on First Take. ND's easiest game was tonight. Kentucky beat 2 terrible teams. They prob wont win the whole thing though, but I'd be happy if they did. It's good for recruiting. Like being in a bad bowl, if you end the season on a high note then people notice.

I know alot of you aren't following anymore, which I'm a little disappointed by, but ND beat Kentucky by 10, 77-67 to make it to the NIT semi-finals in New York.....

Of course, we're following!!!:D:D Hope they can redeem themselves here in NY!

Guest irishrick

can the Irish make us believe , they go against Penn state in a coup;e pf hours, i just hope they can finish strong, game is on espn2. go Irish :p

Oh Ziggy what a bummer - it wasn't worth the trip in.:(

thanks again NYgirl & Sligo. it was def worth the trip. It was mine & my dad's first trip to MSG and it was a great time. 1st game between Baylor & SDSU was a pretty good game and although ND shat the bed in the first half, that late run they made to cut it to 4 was very enjoyable. All I can say is that it was a home game for PSU. Anyone that was there saw that PSU had about 3 times the amount of ND fans. I feel sorry for Baylor on Saturday because PSU will prob have about 10 times the amount of fans as them. For the first game the arena was almost empty, but as the 2nd game time approached, the arena filled up with white shirts. It was a great game and I have to say that the bands were also very enjoyable. You know what you're going to get from the ND band, but the PSU band was rockin' and with all the PSU fans & chants, it was really fun.

As for the game, it's as simple as the whole season. Jackson & K-Mac dont show up and the Irish dont win. Hopefully Jackson can get his stuff together for next year. K-Mac shat the bed in his career finale in front of his home fans (had his own cheering section). Good Luck though K-Mac as you've had way more good games for the Irish then bad. Also good luck to Zeller & Hillesland, not sure who else graduates, but good luck to them too.

Guest irishrick

Ziggy your dreaming , got to get coach brey more involved, the game last night was a total waste of time and proved once again that the Irish can't play basketball outside of the Joyce center, i think there is hope on the way as this big 6'9' kid from Maine is heading there , this kid can play basketball, just hope that the coach can direct him better than last night's coaching, very poor, got to give Penn state coaches high marks for playing against the Irish weakness. go Irish . ;);):p

Ziggy your dreaming , got to get coach brey more involved, the game last night was a total waste of time and proved once again that the Irish can't play basketball outside of the Joyce center, i think there is hope on the way as this big 6'9' kid from Maine is heading there , this kid can play basketball, just hope that the coach can direct him better than last night's coaching, very poor, got to give Penn state coaches high marks for playing against the Irish weakness. go Irish . ;);):p

I dont see how they're not better than this year's squad. Their prob was depth. They didnt have any and Brey didnt work on improving it. Next year that's something they will have. Brey needs to work on who he's pairing up in there. Last nights game was one of the best I've seen where he used his bench, but he used guys in the wrong spot and we also had 2 guys in foul trouble (nash & jackson).

Losing Ayers & Zeller hurts b/c they're two tall guys who can shoot the 3, but ND shouldnt be a team that lives & dies by the 3.

Next year's lineup should be: PG - Jackson, SG - Hansborough, SF - Martin, PF - Nash, and C - Harangody

K-Mac had a few good games, but this was a very disappointing year for him. Hansborough will be an upgrade over K-Mac. Martin & Ayers are very similar, but I think Martin will give ND more on the def end. Nash is going to be better than Hillesland next year, he's been better than him towards the end of this yr. Gody will be 1 year older and hopefully comes back with a lil' more fire knowing they were a disappointment.

BENCH: G - Peoples, F - Scott, 1 or 2 of the other sophs will step up, then everything I've heard about the frosh has been good. Joey Brooks is a stud and the 3 big guys are good.

I'm not saying the frosh are going to come in an contribute right away, but there are some talented kids that will make some noise.

I just think that ND will perform better this yr than this past yr and the starting 5 will def be better.