Rush Limbaugh

domeanddomer

Is evidence that there are idiots on BOTH sides of the aisle. I lean right, but for him to actually say he hoped Obama fails is completely ridiculous to me. I think he meant that he hopes liberalism fails, but seriously...

A close second on this list of far right "stains" is Ann Coulter. Some of her stuff is way out there.

Isn't the answer SOMEWHERE in between the Rush/Coulter's and the Olberman/Hollywood/Bill Mahr's?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is evidence that there are idiots on BOTH sides of the aisle. I lean right, but for him to actually say he hoped Obama fails is completely ridiculous to me. I think he meant that he hopes liberalism fails, but seriously...

A close second on this list of far right "stains" is Ann Coulter. Some of her stuff is way out there.

Isn't the answer SOMEWHERE in between the Rush/Coulter's and the Olberman/Hollywood/Bill Mahr's?

I think thats most of America dome - the extremes of both parties scare most people. We just have to figure out a way to get a moderate elected, and in today's politcal environment, its not an easy thing to do.....:confused:

At least Maher is funny, and logical. His approach is far better than the Olberman's, Maddow's, Coulter's, and Limbaugh's.

Coulter is completely insane. She is really scary.

Olberman and maddow are annoying.

And Rush should go by some Oxy Contin from some school kids. What a morally self righteous asshole.

Sorry for the language.

Rush gets out of control and loud because he is high! He is a real POS, remember when he called Chelsea "The White House Dog". He is, or was a junkie, and he rants about how people who get caught with marijuana should be locked up, throw away the key. He was an addict of what is basically synthetic heroin. And he bought it from kids. I'm not advocating marijuana use, I'm just saying lets get some freakin perspective!

I saw Maher's new movie Religilous at a friends a couple of nights ago. It was a really funny movie. Check it out, it's good for a laugh!

Agreed on Coulter, i can't see why stations play her fear mongering BS.

You've got my vote coaster!

Haha, sweet. I promise to shrink the size of government and your taxes in the process, only declare war with the consent of congress, veto any bill with pork barrel spending, and secure the border - among other things that should already be done...

I dont know why this is so hard for people to understand. Simply put:

Rush believes that the Obama doctrine will hurt America. He believes that if Obama's plans are implemented, that there will be a more severe and extended recession resulting in higher unemployment and increased inflation.

Therefore, in saying that he hopes Obama fails, he is in effect saying that he hopes that Obama's plans are not implemented so that Americans do not have to suffer through a situation that is worse than had the Obama doctrine not been implemented.

Sounds reasonable to me.

I dont know why this is so hard for people to understand. Simply put:

Rush believes that the Obama doctrine will hurt America. He believes that if Obama's plans are implemented, that there will be a more severe and extended recession resulting in higher unemployment and increased inflation.

Therefore, in saying that he hopes Obama fails, he is in effect saying that he hopes that Obama's plans are not implemented so that Americans do not have to suffer through a situation that is worse than had the Obama doctrine not been implemented.

Sounds reasonable to me.

It's not hard to understand potown...I just happen to think that he is really HURTING the republican party....not helping it. He is a political disc jockey, not the new face of the republican party. With him getting this stuff into the broad media, he is turning the younger generation away from the conservative view in a period where a severe liberal has rock star status. Not a good "go forward" plan for a party that is trying to rebuild itself. That was the point I was trying to make.

It's not hard to understand potown...I just happen to think that he is really HURTING the republican party....not helping it. He is a political disc jockey, not the new face of the republican party. With him getting this stuff into the broad media, he is turning the younger generation away from the conservative view in a period where a severe liberal has rock star status. Not a good "go forward" plan for a party that is trying to rebuild itself. That was the point I was trying to make.

No offense DomeandDomer, but its statements like your original statement that allow the republican party to be maligned. You said that Rush "hoped Obama fails" without adding the proper context of the quote. Had you added "to hurt the country" or "to change America as we know it", the complete idea would have been conveyed. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that in this time too many people listen to 30 second soundbites or only pieces of information because they are either too impatient or think they know it all already. You see in any cable TV show, half the time they cut off debate before the whole topic can be discussed. Frankly it cheapens conversation and can be characterized as a "lie by omission" if or should I say when the media does it deliberately.

No offense DomeandDomer, but its statements like your original statement that allow the republican party to be maligned. You said that Rush "hoped Obama fails" without adding the proper context of the quote. Had you added "to hurt the country" or "to change America as we know it", the complete idea would have been conveyed. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that in this time too many people listen to 30 second soundbites or only pieces of information because they are either too impatient or think they know it all already. You see in any cable TV show, half the time they cut off debate before the whole topic can be discussed. Frankly it cheapens conversation and can be characterized as a "lie by omission" if or should I say when the media does it deliberately.

Thanks, I listened to the entire rowdy speech several times and still disagree with his choice of words. Perhaps it's the patriot in me that finds it unamerican to ever say that regardless of your agenda (I'm looking at you Bush Bashers). Believe it or not, I'm not a moron and I don't need CNN to formulate my opinion for me during 5 minutes of my morning coffee. Anyone can see that the obviously liberal media frequently takes things out of context to fulfill their own agenda. That also is not an original thought and is nothing new. The point of this Potown, that you don't address, is that Rush Limbaugh is doing more harm to the Republican party than he is doing good. Rush is popular with the hard right wingers and that is why I referenced him being an idiot because he is further alienating the large section of this country that they desperately need back. The republicans need to win back the "tweeners" and I promise you, stunts like that IS NOT GOING TO DO IT, ergo...it was idiotic IMHO.

If anyone really wants to see the future then pick up a copy of Dr. Doom's (Peter Schiff) book. BULL MOVES in a BEAR MARKET. It' like the guy has a crystal ball. His other book, CRASH PROOF, was pretty accurate. It may be possible that the DOW crashes to 3000 before some of the things he predicts has a chance to occur.

Thanks, I listened to the entire rowdy speech several times and still disagree with his choice of words. Perhaps it's the patriot in me that finds it unamerican to ever say that regardless of your agenda (I'm looking at you Bush Bashers). Believe it or not, I'm not a moron and I don't need CNN to formulate my opinion for me during 5 minutes of my morning coffee. Anyone can see that the obviously liberal media frequently takes things out of context to fulfill their own agenda. That also is not an original thought and is nothing new. The point of this Potown, that you don't address, is that Rush Limbaugh is doing more harm to the Republican party than he is doing good. Rush is popular with the hard right wingers and that is why I referenced him being an idiot because he is further alienating the large section of this country that they desperately need back. The republicans need to win back the "tweeners" and I promise you, stunts like that IS NOT GOING TO DO IT, ergo...it was idiotic IMHO.

I guess I don't know what you mean by stunts. Granted, I didn't watch the whole presentation, so I may not have seen what's gotten you so upset. What did he do/say that is so alienating?

I don't think there is any doubt that Limbaugh is hurting the Republican party. In theory most of what he is saying is correct, but theory doesn't alwys translate into reality, and he comes off sounding like a raving lunatic and slightly right of Atilla the Hun.

The Republican party is facing two major issues: first of all, there message has and is becoming convaluted. They need to make their platform a little more understandable to middle America, I don't think that the party conveys there message well at all. I would guess that most people are a little more right of center than they actually realize they are - but the republican message is a mess.

The second is the party has is it has no face. When most people think of a republican, they think of an old man with white/gray hair trying to protect the rich. The republicans need to get a young, fresh face to deliver a very understandable message and they don't have it - and Limbaugh can't/shouldn't be it.

Guest irishrick

I agree i think Russ and that colter woman are just trying to get a name for themselves they do hurt the republican party, i don't listen to them , there both i me and my type people< obama iam not sure he can pull this econmey off, but these two republicans darn sure don't help, I THINK THAT THE ECONMEY WILL TURN , BUT IT WILL BE AFTER SUMMER BEFORE IT STARTS. IMO

I think Rush goes a bit far sometimes, but I think he would refrain to some degree if their were republicans in congress that could speak out against the recent actions by the democratic congress and maintain the voters attention. The republican party is hurting for leadership right now. There are some very bright guys like Gov Jindal, but they lack charisma. Lets face the facts the main thing that got Obama elected was charisma. In my opinion Rush is no worst then the majority of the media outlets that were sipping the Obama kool-aid during the campaign. Rush is no worse then Blitzer but you don't hear people bringing up his name much. Rush is obviously an old school Republican and I believe that during the recent cpac conference he was just stating a direction of which he hopes the party turns. The republican party has strayed from its values in an attempt to stay current with the voters, which has failed as seen by the recent election. I don't think the democrats will hold this congress or the office of president as long as many thought back on election night.

The number one thing that got Obama elected wasn't charisma it was George Bush and the Republican party. If you look back at the last 8 years it is pretty easy to see, Americans don't like; torture, wire tapping, loosing civil liberty's, outing CIA agents, leaking intelligence info, canning judges, watching our people drown and congratulating your croonie for "Doing a hell of a job brownie" , MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, etc etc. My fingers are getting tired so i should probably stop. The GOP failed the american people, and they were ousted from power. We are STILL fighting a war on terrorism, but I don't hear any Republicans coming out and saying that their collegues and pundits are unpatriotic or bad Americans. I heard you have to support the President during war time, during crisis. If the right could only live up to the standards they set for other people, we would be pretty well off.

As far as Rush goes, he is an immoral scum bag peice of you know what. He bought synthetic HEROIN from young KIDS. He is a mean, sad, and sorry excuse for a human being. If Republicans want him as their face they can have him. But he is WAY to radical for me.